Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Samus
  • 349 comments
Watched the "highlights" on C4. Why don't they turn this "race" into a TT? That way you'd still have the track but not the "race".

That could work. Although then you just have a long quali session and the current thinking is to actually turn quali sessions into races :lol:

The nut could've been a bit rounded off by being casually fitted before the race then someone comes along at a bit of angle again in the pitstop and shred it. You can get away with it in the pitstop if it's been put squarely on first time. Another way would be forcing it on before the race without saying anything, would be interesting to see the thread condition on the hub and nut, if forced on and overtightend then the nut teeth for the socket will just give way when you try to undo, it would be essentially welded on. Or reused nut in error that's worn and/or gone through too many heat cycles.

Holy crap on a cracker this race would look good if they made it a night race:

15593712854_35f1fdd80b_k.jpg

Not even sure why I'm bothering responding, but yeah: what an absolute snoozefest...and that's saying something for a Monaco race (which are always heavily leaning on the boring side). Unfortunate.

Hamilton has lost it for today. Brilliant radio messages.

Did I hear correctly how Lewis was angry when Bono told him that he have to do his fastest lap before he gets blue flags. Lewis was like "I don't have to do anything" or something like that, but I can't find it on YT. :)

IMHO this race at Monaco may go down in history as a Waterloo moment for Mercedes Benz and its muse, Lewis Hamilton.

It was the other way around if I recall. Bono telling him he could chill and that he didn't need to do it right away and Lewis coming back with that he had to go right away.

Unfortunate race for the Mercedes team, and as much as a fan i am of Lewis, Valtteri and the team, it's good that the result spices up the championship for F1 fans in general.

I didn't watch the actual race myself (or highlights), though i did watch along on a live timing stream on YT.
As much as i love the perceived atmosphere of the Monaco F1 race weekend, (fondest memories of F1 at Monaco for me, are from watching the late 70's/early 80's races, as a kid), it's really not much of an entertaining race.

I do like the suggestions here, to turn it into a TT shoot out, but i also think we could have a proper race there, if we had the teams race in a one make specially designed, Monaco spec race kart. Maybe get Gordan Murray or Dallara to design it, then have the teams add their liveries to them.
I don't know how fast the karts would be, but i think they should have wings, but with fairly limited adjustability to them, (3 notch adjustment range). Same goes for the wheel geometry as well (3 setting adjustments, allowing for over steer, under steer and neutral).

We could have Thursdays set aside for qualifying (as usual), but using the proper F1 cars instead, and lets have it as a TT. This then decides the grid order of the first kart race on the Sunday. I think because of the small fuel tanks, we should have 3-4, fifteen to twenty lap races. And have a reverse grid for at least one of those.

Anyway, i know it's a gimmicky idea, but that hasn't stopped me from doing a little sketch of what these funny little karts could look like.
(please excuse the half assed attempt, both on the design and the livery examples):

It was the other way around if I recall. Bono telling him he could chill and that he didn't need to do it right away and Lewis coming back with that he had to go right away.

found radio transcript and it's in lap 68, not sure what to think about it, maybe Bono was using WE instead of YOU and Lewis got angry?

Last edited:
Back