Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 325 comments
Congrats to Charles for getting that win. Earned it.

Nice points for Ferrari, with Sainz being able to get back in there after the red flag.

Hoped for both McLarens to get on the podium, but them's the breaks. Nice points haul, though.

Oh? Almost time for the Indy 500.

Congrats to Charles for getting that win. Earned it.

Nice points for Ferrari, with Sainz being able to get back in there after the red flag.

Hoped for both McLarens to get on the podium, but them's the breaks. Nice points haul, though.

Oh? Almost time for the Indy 500.
Sorry to say but just saw the weather's closed in on Indy.

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

Hopefully this will keep this season alive. When was the last season in F1 where we had 4 different drivers winning a race? I reckon it's been a while. Hopefully it will keep going like that for the remainder of the season because it was looking pretty hopeless there after the first few rounds. Red Bull must be feeling some challenge now!

It has to suck for Carlos, he probably can feel that he will be on the Bottas train to the back of the grid in a crap car.

P11 two laps down, what a race.

Ferrari are very close in the wcc now at least.

Last edited:
Hopefully this will keep this season alive. When was the last season in F1 where we had 4 different drivers winning a race? I reckon it's been a while. Hopefully it will keep going like that for the remainder of the season because it was looking pretty hopeless there after the first few rounds. Red Bull must be feeling some challenge now!
Don't celebrate too soon, Verstappen is still more than a race win ahead in the championship. It's mainly the street(ish) races where Red Bull underperform. I expect them to be fully back to dominance when the more classical European circuits come by

Don't celebrate too soon, Verstappen is still more than a race win ahead in the championship. It's mainly the street(ish) races where Red Bull underperform. I expect them to be fully back to dominance when the more classical European circuits come by

I'm not saying that Verstappen and Red Bull won't dominate anymore throughout the rest of the season. I'm sure in Canada, they will be back in full force. However even with that, I doubt they can go on thinking they are completely unchallenged anymore. If they make a mistake regardless of how small it is, there are 4 other drivers ready to pounce. Imola was not easy for them and since Australia, they seem to have more and more challenge from both McLaren and Ferrari. This time last year, Red Bull was a lot further ahead.

Last edited:
It definitely seems more than a one off dip. The others are catching up and Red Bull is struggling a bit.

They could come back, but at least the constructors championship is up for grabs especially as Sergio is having a hell of a time with the car.

I have zero understanding of how K-Mag wasn't penalized and subsequently hit with a race ban for that bull:censored: maneuver.

Checo may have had the entire width of the Earth to his left and there still wouldn't have been any reason for this moron to continue pushing up into a spot where he had no space. He took himself, Perez and Hulkenberg out for being a jackass.

True, but they are already predicting Canada to be a difficult track for the Red Bulls & Checo has already been slipping downwards the last 3 races now as both Ferraris & Lando are ahead of him now. And I think we're past the point where Max could be strong enough to carry Red Bull to both titles as Charles is consistently getting himself into the Top 4 & Carlos Top 5 (excluding Saudi) meaning Ferrari could start creeping up easily with a range of 22-33 points a race as long as they both keep finishing in the Top 5 behind Max & Checo finishing past where he should be.

The surge by the Macs are the only thing really stopping Ferrari though, but they've also showed an ability to challenge Max as well; Norris has taken that next step & Oscar looks very capable for a 2nd year driver.

I have zero understanding of how K-Mag wasn't penalized and subsequently hit with a race ban for that bull:censored: maneuver.

Checo may have had the entire width of the Earth to his left and there still wouldn't have been any reason for this moron to continue pushing up into a spot where he had no space. He took himself, Perez and Hulkenberg out for being a jackass.
My understanding from the other commentators is that Checo looked to have known KMag was there by looking in his right mirror & still did not make any attempt to move left thereby acknowledging KMag was either going to crash or back out. I'm not excusing what he did & by all means, Crofty & Brundle still seemed surprised throughout that it was basically chalked up as a Turn 1, Lap 1 incident, just sharing that the other commentator reported that Checo knew KMag was there regardless & the stewards may have taken that into account.

Last edited:
Are you mad because Charles won? ;)
Yes, I can't control my emotions because of the excitement we've seen today.

It has been a while since I turned off the tv during a race and it seems that I didn't miss anything.

Thanks to Monaco GP, younger F1 fans have a taste of what every F1 race looks like during Michael Schumacher Ferrari dominance years.
The midfield was still okay during the Schumacher era. There were still races, just not for 1st.

Last edited:
Back