Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada 2011

Gotta love the spelling mistake from the BBC "Mock The Week wil follow Formula 1" :lol:

Reference my earlier post... it is indeed MUMM and not Moet as I incorrectly remembered :D

Button_and_his_MUMM.jpg

That's what I love about GTP, I gave all that insight at god knows what time in the morning, and the only thing anyone was bothered about was what the blinkin heck I meant when referencing a champagne.

:cheers:👍

That's what I love about GTP, I gave all that insight at god knows what time in the morning, and the only thing anyone was bothered about was what the blinkin heck I meant when referencing a champagne.

:lol:

Not like any of it went under or even unappreciated. I just didn't know what the hell you were on about with MUMM. :P

Is there anywhere I can catch a full race replay? My alarm failed me :ouch:

Check your PMs.

He means that Schumacher failed to make it onto the podium. In non-Islaamic countries they spray champagne there. Strangely it's also illegal in France... so they just take the labels off the bottles.
They weren't allowed champagne when they raced at Jerez either, due to it being a sherry producing region. Sherry isn't exactly known for it's spraying properties...

Schumacher never had your MUMM this time, but he's had your MUMM 154 times in the past. 👍

Last edited:
I've been wondering about this for a long time actually, but when the cars are running at full speed at the back straight, there seems to be like a water vapour coming out on the very edge of the rear wing. Does anyone knows what is this? I sadly can't find any picture at all...

I think its moisture in the air coming off a very high pressure area of the car.

It seems to be taking a while for the stewards to penalize Button. They usually have these things done by Monday or Tuesday.

It was announced on Sunday that both incidents are regarded as racing incidents and there is no penalty.

He means that Schumacher failed to make it onto the podium. In non-Islaamic countries they spray champagne there. Strangely it's also illegal in France... so they just take the labels off the bottles.

The only thing is... I'm fairly sure that the F1 champagne sponsorship is held by Moet & Chandon, not Mumm...

EDIT: I stand corrected... MUMM it is :D

In islamic countries they use rose water not champagne. ;)

Watching it on the iplayer again now, during the red flag time there was an interview with Di Resta where he calls Kobayashi Kobay-yoshi :)

Watching it on the iplayer again now, during the red flag time there was an interview with Di Resta where he calls Kobayashi Kobay-yoshi :)

Glad i'm not the only one who noticed :D It made me lol. I think he's been playing too many Nintendo games.

Does anyone know how Kobayashi passed several cars before the red flag? The BBC coverage didn't show it, he started 13th but ended up just behind the two Mercedes, which pitted shortly before the red flag. Bearing in mind Di Resta and the two Renaults didn't pit before the red flag either, so he can't have jumped them in the pit stops. (Obviously he overtook them on track at some point, but when? And is there any footage?)

Di Resta made à mistake and lost positions as he said in the interview. Not sure about the renaults but I think Kob passed them before the red flag.

Awesome race, too bad Kob couldn't hang on for a podium finish.

That lap chart looks like a 3 year old has been let loose with coloured crayons...

That means need a faster car ASAP. Way too good for Sauber.
He seems to lose positions just as quick as he gains them though.

Di Resta made à mistake and lost positions as he said in the interview. Not sure about the renaults but I think Kob passed them before the red flag.

Awesome race, too bad Kob couldn't hang on for a podium finish.

I think the Renaults stopped under one of the safety cars but Kobayashi stayed out. IIRC Kobay only had 1 pit at the red flag whereas most had 2.

That lap chart looks like a 3 year old has been let loose with coloured crayons...

He seems to lose positions just as quick as he gains them though.

I'll admit his defensive ability isn't fantastic but part of that is down to fighting against Mercs and Ferraris. It's no wonder he loses out to those in a Sauber.

I'll admit his defensive ability isn't fantastic but part of that is down to fighting against Mercs and Ferraris. It's no wonder he loses out to those in a Sauber.

Kobayashi's Ferrari doesn't use a hot-blown diffuser either, Brundle and DC both noted how little rear downforce he seemed to have in the corners. On a drying greasy track like Montreal it's amazing that he was even fighting with the front runners.

KK just continues to go up in my estimation!

PeterJB

Most of the time he has another tire strategy so he finds himself a lot in front of the fast guys doing shorter runs. No point in fending them off all the time.

I think he is pretty smart, good overtaker but also gives room when overtaken. He really raises his fortune to finish the races with good positions in a slow car. Can't really say that of Lewis.

Kamui Kobayashi and Sauber are simply punching far above their weight. The car isn't bad, but it's definitely a midfield machine. The fact that Kobayashi is always fighting with Maccas and Ferrari's is a testament to his driving skill and the tactics at Sauber.

I can't wait to see him at Ferrari, personally. Renault is a less likely choice.

He just stayed out. Everyone in front of him except Vettel pitted.

Edit. Vettel pitted as well but he was so far in front that he didn't lose position.

Official FIA lap chart.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/sport/championships/f1/2011/canada/Pages/lap_chart.aspx

No, if you look between lap 4 and 6, Both Renaults dropped 1 or 2 places and Di Resta lost even more, and there is no 'P' in sight at that point. Kobayashi got past both Renaults and Di Resta before the first second safety car, and I want to know how. Oh, he also passed Maldonado, Webber and of course Hamilton. The rest were in the pitstops. It's funny you posted a source that directly contradicted what you said :lol:

He certainly needs a better car, then maybe he won't lose out when the track dries.

Last edited:
Back