Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 349 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
After a really short Winter Break which has felt like ages, Formula 1 returns this weekend to Bahrain, a small Desert island in the Middle East which can offer a reasonably remote and enclosed paddock to help kick off the new season as COVID is still an issue that affects the world. The minimal 3 days of Pre-Season testing were held at this circuit, so teams should be prepared for the layout at least, but these new old modified cars seem tricky with the new rear floor regulations. Stories were set, expressed and extrapolated from the three days, but it's just Testing, so do you really believe everything you saw? Mercedes have not won a race since the last time Formula 1 raced on this layout, so will that loose rear from testing sort itself out to stop Mercedes going 3 races without a win? New teams, new driver line-ups and the most experienced Rookie ever join the field as we start the season with a bang (just not at Turn 3) with the BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX!
image.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.412km

Race Distance
308.238 km

Lap Record
1:31.447 Pedro de la Rosa (2005)​

Nice! I'm most excited for the new team battles, especially Ricciardo v Norris, because McLaren.

Hoping for good results from Perez and Vettel at their new teams.

Ah! Going to be surreal to see MSC on the boards again. Gogogo, Mick!

ac7e86fd8c6a6953b686cc0e7b9a8900.gif

Genuinely excited for the start of this season, even if it isn't in Melbourne. Lots of changes have occurred and there are some seriously tantilising prospects throughout the grid. Now I'm going to predict the result. Watch these predictions age like milk:
Verstappen
Hamilton
Perez
Bottas
Ricciardo
Leclerc
Vettel
Norris
Sainz
Gasly
Alonso
Stroll
Ocon
Tsunoda
Russell
Giovanazzi
Raikonnen
Schumacher
Latifi
Mazepin

Last edited:
I have a good feeling for Red Bull. In depth analysis of the cars shows Mercedes struggles may be genuine, particularly in Bahrain. I'm predicted RBR domination, front row lockout and 1-2 in the race.

The battle behind will be close but I fancy Alonso or Stroll for a surprise podium.

I have a good feeling for Red Bull. In depth analysis of the cars shows Mercedes struggles may be genuine, particularly in Bahrain. I'm predicted RBR domination, front row lockout and 1-2 in the race.

The battle behind will be close but I fancy Alonso or Stroll for a surprise podium.

I think one of the McLarens will be on podium

I think one of the McLarens will be on podium

Yeah they're definitley a good shout. My main fear for them would be weekend long reliability. There's bound to be a few bumps with the Mercedes PU. But yeah the car seems pretty hot otherwise.

Still fully expecting Mercedes to blitz everyone in qualifying and the race. My main interest is in the battle for best of the rest. Hoping McLaren can continue on the form they showed last season. Should be a good contest between them, Ferrari and Aston Martin.

Last edited:
Anyone here watching the race through F1TV? I plan on getting a subscription, but I need a list of all supported regions before throwing my money at the screen.

EDIT: Nvm, I just found the Content Schedule page from the F1 website, it looks like I'm good from where I am. Now I just need to figure out how payment methods.

Last edited:
Im excited to see what the true pace of the teams actually is, hopefully some tighter racing at the front this year... Binge watched drive to survive this week to get it in the mood for the new season. I would like to see Seb redeem himself this year, and for Checo to push Max really hard (I should imagine all the drivers in new cars will take some time to adjust though...)

Im not fully convinced that testing is anything to go by, theres a lot of psyche games going on between RB & Merc. Suspiciously the Mercs were slow in a straight line whilst having the same cornering speed as RB is it sandbagging or Honda improvement, wont know until Q3. Fingers crossed its super tight upfront... Is the Merc actually unstable? or as we see every weekend Hamilton pushing to find the ragged edge of grip? tantalising...

Last edited:
This season looks like we will have a good mix on the podium and we may not necessarily see the same 3 people every single time like it was last season.

Looking at how the Merc were behaving during FP1, the car looks a lot more stable now than it was during testing even though it's still not quite as planted as the Red Bull. It's almost as if the Merc and Red Bull swapped places from last year

Last edited:
Anyone here watching the race through F1TV?
If you plan to use it on a computer, have a look at this little tool, more convenient than the website to watch streams, especially if you want to watch several streams at once and not just switch from one to another.
F1viewer on github
upload_2021-3-26_16-14-1.png

I usually set up to 4 streams from F1TV, in addition to my TV provider (and their timing app)
upload_2021-3-26_16-28-31.png

Last edited:
Can't seem to get F1 TV to work on my iphone. Anyone else having this problem? It somewhat works on my lap top, but it's really laggy. I just wanted to watch FP2, the other practice sessions are not representative. Hopefully this is sorted by qualifying.

Last edited:
Can't seem to get F1 TV to work on my iphone. Anyone else having this problem? It somewhat works on my lap top, but it's really laggy. I just wanted to watch FP2, the other practice sessions are not representative. Hopefully this is sorted by qualifying.
You're not alone:
upload_2021-3-26_16-53-24.png

I have one stream on PC right now and it's fine.

Last edited:
Back