Formula 1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 230 comments
Well that was a hectic start and finish.

Max rollin.

Alonso and Gasly had a nice race!

Surprised Ferrari didn't find a way to Ferrari Sainz's race, and that Hamilton was able to claw his way back up to 5th.

McLaren dropped the ball hard, but double points is fine.

Wanted Albon to finish higher.

Lawson finished ahead of Tsunoda? I must've missed that. Nice debut.

Gasly:

IMG_3207.png

I remember watching Vettel winning 9 races in a row and was in complete awe. I thought I'd never see anything like this again and here comes Max Verstappen matching him. No doubt he'll probably go 1 beyond that. Very impressive and hats off to him. Seeing red bull doing that twice with 2 separate driver is also pretty amazing and as much as I dislike red bull as a team, credits where credits are due. Phenomenal job on their part.....now if only the other teams and drivers could come and spoil their party 😏

I must have blinked for Lawson’s 10 second penalty. I thought he’d be further down. Good finish. Happy for Alonso and Gasly.

So, uhhhh

Zandvoort just set a new F1 record. 186 overtakes, which beats the 2016 Chinese Grand Prix as the race with the most overtakes for position.

Zandvoort is not the circuit you'd have expected to set this record. Maybe somewhere like Monza, Red Bull Ring, Sakhir or Interlagos.

So, uhhhh Zandvoort just set a new F1 record. 186 overtakes, which beats the 2016 Chinese Grand Prix as the race with the most overtakes for position. Zandvoort is not the circuit you'd have expected to set this record. Maybe somewhere like Monza, Red Bull Ring, Sakhir or Interlagos.

Anything is possible Jim.

I guess changing conditions, twice, helped massively, tyre offsets in both stints. It's a new record, but needs a big old asterix next to it.

What a great race by Verstappen. One of the greatest in my book.
On intermediates at least 2 seconds faster then anybody else on track is a great example of skill and car control.
Reminds me of the Donington opening lap from Senna in similar conditions.

In the Netherlands almost everybody expect him to get pole and an easy win. Actually do that, with all that pressure and the changing circumstances and still keep a cool head is great to see.
Building up together with the RB team for five years to harvest now is in a way comparable with the Schumacher Ferrari days. Matching greats like Ascari and Vettel with 9 wins in a row is great for the books, but this guy just loves to race.

Furthermore, too bad that Albon took a safe approach on the first lap. Lost around 4 places. And keeping on the softs while the rest was on intermediates was not the best call.
Altough Russel and Hamilton will debate if Mercedes didn’t undercut themselves a few times. Russel on hards, too late to pit, Hamilton always on the back foot and a poor quali. Mercedes doesn’t seem to match difficult conditions like Aston Martin or RedBull can.
Alonso and Gasly both a nice drive. Sainz squeezing everything out of that Ferrari whilst I don’t have a clue how Charles can pick himself up. Ferrari seems to favor him, but Sainz might be faster, or at least fighting.
Norris also disappointed a little. If I am not mistaken, also drove on sifts during the first wet period.

And then for the two drivers who where in front of Verstappen, great drives!
Ofcourse I am talking about Maylander and the overtaking from Lawson under a blue flag.

I guess changing conditions, twice, helped massively, tyre offsets in both stints. It's a new record, but needs a big old asterix next to it.
This record apparently dates back to 1984 data, which includes insane races like Donington 1993, Silverstone 2008, Valencia 2012 and Turkey 2011. Wet, Changeable and fully dry tyre wear races are all included in this set of statistics. The asterisk isn't really applicable if all these other equally-as-chaotic races have been bested too.

Last edited:
This record apparently dates back to 1984 data, which includes insane races like Donington 1993, Silverstone 2008, Valencia 2012 and Turkey 2011. Wet, Changeable and fully dry tyre wear races are all included in this set of statistics. The asterisk isn't really applicable if all these other equally-as-chaotic races have been bested too.
True on the chaos affected races... Not many regular races have many passes in F1 or recently in Fl - and you can have very good races with less overtaking, and lots of overtaking could be drive-by-car on slower tyres and not 'exciting' overtakes.

Also includes changes of position from forcing other driver off track?

Back