Formula 1 Heineken Grande Prêmio do Brasil 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 245 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Two races to go and both titles are sewn up to Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton respectively. But that doesn't mean we need to tune out of the last two races! Brazil is one of the true fan favourites on the calendar, as Formula 1 makes its only trip into South America for the year to a nation with proud motorsport heritage. Last year's race was a memorable one as Max Verstappen lost certain victory after being spun by Esteban Ocon trying to unlap himself. Can Max get back on the top spot at the circuit he so memorably made everyone stand up and pay attention to him in the soaking wet 2016 race? There are still battles all through the field for championship positions. Can another midfield team or Alexander Albon make it onto the podium? We'll have to find out at the Brazilian Grand Prix.
image.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
4.309km

Race Distance
305.909 km

Lap Record
1:10.540 Valtteri Bottas (2018)

And another technical directive just before this GP is going to start. Not that 'any' team is using it right now, but just in case and to be sure ;)

https://f1i.com/news/361468-another-fia-technical-directive-aimed-at-ferrari.html

I can see why Ferrari are feeling a little hard done by, all these recycling sites saying "aimed at Ferrari" when there's no evidence of such (other than a few Red Bull employees who've said so). I'm not saying they weren't pushing the envelope (and even the legality) but all this "oh it's obvious" seems like bollocks to me.

I can see why Ferrari are feeling a little hard done by

Given the power of veto and extra money they get just for turning up Ferrari have had over the years, it's very hard for me to feel sorry for Ferrari.

I can see why Ferrari are feeling a little hard done by, all these recycling sites saying "aimed at Ferrari" when there's no evidence of such (other than a few Red Bull employees who've said so). I'm not saying they weren't pushing the envelope (and even the legality) but all this "oh it's obvious" seems like bollocks to me.
Fully agree. My personal favorite is also based on real evidence/facts. At least don't judge too soonish. So at this point it's just meant as a warning if any team would implement such a 'technique'. A couple of months ago there was also a 'gossip' that the car of Ferrari smelt like grapefruit when they passed by. The response of Günther Steiner was epic. He requested strawberry flavor but the teams decided grapefruit would be better. Ilike the humor twists.

At least we have something to talk about and hopefully a good race weekend?!

We will see some nice overtakes from Charles as he has a 10 place grid penalty because of parts (combustion engine) change.

Edit: it was too early to go out on softs/mediums during the last minutes of FP1...

Last edited:
Red Bull have said that Albon's off was not driver error, there were problems with throttle oscillation. I'm not clear if that applied to Verstappen too - he was lucky to avoid hitting the wall about a minute before, also on slicks.

Given the power of veto and extra money they get just for turning up Ferrari have had over the years, it's very hard for me to feel sorry for Ferrari.
Do you think Hamilton will accept getting paid same as Albon? Absolutely not. Same goes for teams, Ferrari are by far the most successful and oldest team in the sport, they shouldn't get paid like any other team.

Do you think Hamilton will accept getting paid same as Albon? Absolutely not. Same goes for teams, Ferrari are by far the most successful and oldest team in the sport, they shouldn't get paid like any other team.

Do me a favour.

Do you think Hamilton will accept getting paid same as Albon?

Did anybody say he should? Or that such an offer was a credible scenario either way around?

Ferrari are by far the most successful and oldest team in the sport, they shouldn't get paid like any other team.

Alfa Romeo are also the oldest team in the sport having been at the original race in 1948. They were also at the first "proper" F1 race in 1950, neither Ferrari nor Mercedes were at that race. Mercedes joined F1 six years later in 1954 and could arguably have had as much success as Ferrari had it not been for their withdrawal after the Le Mans disaster - at that point they already had two WDCs under their belt.

If you look at the last decade of F1 it's been something of a drought for Ferrari. Should they really keep a historic paid-to-race status just because? I'd argue that they need to demonstrate their relevance in modern F1 - their legacy will never be removed or forgotten but it has nothing to do with the hyper-efficient modern 1.6 hybrid racing of today.

Anyway... back to this:

Fully agree. My personal favorite is also based on real evidence/facts. At least don't judge too soonish. So at this point it's just meant as a warning if any team would implement such a 'technique'. A couple of months ago there was also a 'gossip' that the car of Ferrari smelt like grapefruit when they passed by. The response of Günther Steiner was epic. He requested strawberry flavor but the teams decided grapefruit would be better. Ilike the humor twists.

At least we have something to talk about and hopefully a good race weekend?!

Observers reckon that Ferrari are back on the pace and that COTA was indeed an aero aberration. It seems that the directives have nothing to dampen the ardour of their quite incredible engine.

Is this thing legal?
I remember Ferrari were told off a few times by the FIA for blocking the TV Camera.
Yet is it OK for Mercedes to have it or does it not matter during P3 or when they're in their garage?
Screenshot 2019-11-17 18.04.07.png

Is this thing legal?
I remember Ferrari were told off a few times by the FIA for blocking the TV Camera.
Yet is it OK for Mercedes to have it or does it not matter during P3 or when they're in their garage?
View attachment 866121

I can't quite recall if Ferrari is still using it this year but according to Autosport (video above), it's legal.

EDIT: Quoted from the late Charlie Whiting "The new one, I went to go and see it at Ferrari it wasn’t even on the cars, this was about an hour after a free practice session. Apparently they put it into the airbox and the primary thing is to blow cold air into the airbox and to various other places which are fed by those big ducts. They’ve got some secondary ducts it would seem that blow a bit of air onto the OCU but as I said [we’re] not concerned."

Last edited:
Max looking for revenge after last season and Leclerc from the midfield. There is potential for action in this race!

And Sainz coming through as well should be interesting. I hope they got a handle on things this weekend

Ricciardo did a bit of a brain fart there. No penalty though as the new front wing pitstop was a penalty in itself. 5 seconds if they want to do anything.

Back