Formula 1 Heineken Grande Prêmio do Brasil 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 245 comments
I think it's fine Merc were able to do solid work for years consistently without teams for the most part thinking they were cheating. RBR did tricks but figured out how to not have the FIA confiscate items because they were clever but probably not cheating.

To me this seems like a serious situation but could be an overreaction in a Post Charlie FIA.

In my dream world, a team found cheating or violating technical regulations would lose a chunk of its "heritage" payment or whatever it's called...a boy can dream!

I think it's fine Merc were able to do solid work for years consistently without teams for the most part thinking they were cheating. RBR did tricks but figured out how to not have the FIA confiscate items because they were clever but probably not cheating.

To me this seems like a serious situation but could be an overreaction in a Post Charlie FIA.
What about them having to change or remove the front shock absorbers(?) I think in like 2015? They apparently had this great balancing thing in the front of the car, that got removed... and then they carried on as per

What about them having to change or remove the front shock absorbers(?) I think in like 2015? They apparently had this great balancing thing in the front of the car, that got removed... and then they carried on as per

The only thing I could think of was the FRIC system and that was banned mid 2014. Most teams ran the system so not sure how this correlates and I'm not sure what you were thinking got banned. In fact the third heave system that merc used later and have advanced even to the current car proved far better anyways.

Back