Formula 1 Lenovo Japanese Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 115 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
A week after a grandstand finish to the Singapore Grand Prix, where Red Bull's stranglehold on race wins finally came to a close, setting the record at 15 consecutive wins for a Constructor and 10 for a driver, we head north to Suzuka. The unique circuit with a bridge meaning cars crossover another part of the circuit is well regarded by many drivers and has held many classic races. Will Red Bull be back at the front (yes) and how much will they be coming out stronger to make up for the disaster of Singapore? We will find out at the JAPANESE GRAND PRIX!
Screenshot_20230920-083814.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.807km

Race Distance
307.471 km

Lap Record
1:30.983
Lewis Hamilton (2019)

Yay, I can actually watch this race live because it doesn't clash with the Bathurst 1000!

I was hoping it was the TD on flexing wings that was affecting RBR but nope, they are back to normal.

Last edited:
The RB19 driven by Max looks so composed and so fast at Suzuka, you'd think he might just lap everyone all the way to P4 by the end of the race 😂😂....Singapore was definitely a blip....well at least they didn't win every single race this season LOL. Considering this race will be at 1am EST, I'll probably just watch the highlights when I wake up. If it looks like an interesting race then I may or may not watch the whole thing later but I doubt it!

Almost forgot about Qualifying being at a decent time!

Whoa, early and all, but both McLarens splitting the Red Bulls.

A-a-and Logan shunt.

Over half a second clear for Max. That's bonkers pace. I already miss Singapore.

112dfe33-8a98-40d5-ab6a-43d66389c2ba_text.gif

Very, very pleased with McLaren.

Max on pole, no surprise there. Piastri in P2, talk about top talent. Beats Lando as well who looked like he had the edge so far. Even more impressive considering he just got the upgrade on his car. Perez is of course out of position (again, no surprise there) but the pecking order is pretty much align with expectations for this weekend Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes and Aston. I still can't believe how bad the Mercs are here. Hopefully they'll have more pace in the race. This race will be one to follow from P2 and down because I'm sure everyone will be targeting those podiums.

He's pretty good this Piastri kid.

Alpine really screwed up with him.

Maybe Oscar should take one for the world and channel his inner Senna into turn 1 - we might get an interesting race then.

I joke. Mostly.

Last edited:
I'm so upset that I couldn't watch the qualifying - missed a laugh at Sargeant :lol:

Good job by Piastri. This is such a huge flip off to Alpine, and I love every second of it.

Wonder if the FIA will ever make a rule that says you must be straight in the grid box and not angled.

But Piastri will not beat max to turn 1.
Dirty Line and all

Wonder if the FIA will ever make a rule that says you must be straight in the grid box and not angled.

Dirty Line and all
Yes, but it won't be investigated until after the race and the penalty will conveniently be just enough to not change the results.

Dang, Max held up against Oscar and Lando.

Ooh, Yuki and Lawson having at it.

Much first lap / corner debris. SC. 😤

Was perez just passed as he exited.

There is no rule currently.
He passed 2 cars after the line while exiting, and then he let them back.

I'm still not sure what happened to Zhou. Did he break his wing on some debris?

Last edited:

Dirty Line and all

Hopefully they won’t, may as well just admit they don’t want action if they started doing stuff like that.

Back