Formula 1 Lenovo Japanese Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 115 comments
An interesting move by Hamilton on Russell, it was quite Verstappen of him. Sergio Plonker has had a nightmare race as have Aston Martin; their second half of the season has been very disappointing.

Lol, so you can just jump back into the race to serve your penalties even though you're technically retired from the race all so the penalties don't carry over.

Feels like it probably shouldn't be allowed, but hey, the FIA think you can do that. :boggled:

Have we ever had an un-retirement?
David Coulthard at Belgium 1998. McLaren saw how high the number of retirements was and fixed his rear end to send him out on the chance of scoring a point, hoping that even more drivers would retire.

If their is a safety car now.
The rules allow lapped traffic to pass, so if Red Bull decided to keep perez out, does that mean they have to hold the safety car out till he unlaps himself?

If their is a safety car now.
The rules allow lapped traffic to pass, so if Red Bull decided to keep perez out, does that mean they have to hold the safety car out till he unlaps himself?
Unlapping only means going around once to get to the back of the field. You don't get all your laps back.

But het just re-retired

Last edited:
Mercedes haven't done themselves any favors by swapping the cars around.
Russell and Davidson are right, if it's an instruction Russell could have done it on the last lap. Swapping them round so that Hamilton gives Russell DRS is ridiculous when Russell was already giving Hamilton DRS.

A McLaren double-podium.
Star Trek Applause GIF

Congrats on Red Bull's WCC.

Stoked. McLaren 2-3! Lando and Oscar drove a fine race. Damn. Well earned podiums.

fanboy-freakout.gif

It's a shame Lawson and Yuki didn't score. I thought they had the pace.

I want an American on the grid, but Logan's a bit of a menace. If he ain't wiping himself out, he's wiping someone else out. Git!

And Perez ain't doing much better.

Last edited:
I kinda want Max to win the title in the full Qatar race as opposed to the sprint. Sounds odd that Max hasn't won a title without something going on (Masi 2021, nobody knows the rule book 2022). To win it in a sprint race when there's still a race to go the day after. I'd think it'd dull the celebration personally.

A three year extension isn't long enough. McLaren need to lock up Piastri up for life. He is special.

Back