Formula 1 Lenovo Japanese Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 115 comments
Wind tunnel time. The teams involved are already operating at the budget cap, so it just means more profit for the parent company.
Like tips at a bar that go to the owner instead of the staff.

Mclaren is doing a better job than Ferrari.

Ferrari get your act together.

I want to enjoy Ferrari vs Mclaren again I wont able to enjoy it if Ferrari is doing garbage.

Piastri and Lando Norris have got very good chemistry I really think Mclaren is really getting there its just a matter of time when they get to the top.

Mclaren fans are hoping for a win honestly I hope they get it. They deserve it.

What did we learn (again)? Races get better with short lasting tyres but also the chance to have an alternative pit strategy with fewer stopps on tracks you can overtake on (in best case without DRS). As if Indycar doesn't show this on every track with right turns.

Great defense from Verstappen at the start. Mclaren have two fantastic drivers at the moment, a joy to watch them. Hamilton was very very racy today, insane overtake at 130r on Alonso. Perez doing his usual divebomb into car, nothing new there.

I can see Checo going to Alpha Tauri before the end of the year.
This late into the year?

Don't get me wrong, he certainly seems to have lost his edge, but he's still got to defend his P2 in the standings, even if the constructors is sealed. :lol:

:confused:

Is this a tongue-in-cheek joke about Checo pulling in twice?
It is
I can see Checo going to Alpha Tauri before the end of the year.
This late into the year?

Don't get me wrong, he certainly seems to have lost his edge, but he's still got to defend his P2 in the standings, even if the constructors is sealed. :lol:
RB has won the WCC, and has guaranteed the WDC (although both drivers can in theory still win it). I'm sure they want to complete this by also getting the P2 in the WDC. Only Perez would be able to do that. If they were gonna switch, they'd have done it around the summer break.

Max Verstappen could secure the title in the Sprint Race in Qatar.

Technically, this would mean he would equal Michael Schumacher's 2002 record of winning the title with 6 races to go.

He only needs to finish 6th or higher or, if he fails to score, have Perez finish 4th or lower.

Perez would just walk if that happened, I’m sure of it. He didn’t go there to be relegated back to a team he’s never raced for and has never wanted to.

From what I've seen regarding Perez & RB, general assumption seems to be him being ousted some point next year for Ricciardo & letting Yuki/Lawson run Alpha Tauri, "hence" why RB may not be keen to let Lawson go.

Perez was really embarassing in the race. The start was tight so I can understand some damage, but after that, it was just painful to see him. Especially that attempt at a divebomb at Kmag.

Props to McLaren for having a good package and 2 good drivers that used it to get a podium.

Mclaren fans are hoping for a win honestly I hope they get it. They deserve it.
Honestly think Oscar might get it first, which'll be a bit sad. Saw that Lando now has the most championship points without a win. Seems he just lacks the killer instinct - it was quite telling that Sainz was not worried about him at all in Singapore.

Perez is so gone. Book it.

RB will be Max and Danny, AT will be Lawson and Yuki.

Danny will do a solid enough job to drive towards a comfortable retirement there, Lawson will put a lot of preassure on Yuki and eventually drive him out of his seat.

Sending Perez out with a broken car under VSC so he held Norris up for an entire lap (and nearly took him out, although quite inadvertently) when he wasn't exactly a threat for the victory was certainly a mood.

As ever though, the FIA seemed unbothered by any of that, despite the weekend starting with the teams questioning why RB seemed to get away with so much crap in Singapore and the stewards' representative admitting they got it wrong...

Ky1LlyQAjNhmy6pugCYhOqKqHRg=.gif

Sending Perez out with a broken car under VSC so he held Norris up for an entire lap (and nearly took him out, although quite inadvertently) when he wasn't exactly a threat for the victory was certainly a mood.

As ever though, the FIA seemed unbothered by any of that, despite the weekend starting with the teams questioning why RB seemed to get away with so much crap in Singapore and the stewards' representative admitting they got it wrong...

Ky1LlyQAjNhmy6pugCYhOqKqHRg=.gif
Tbh I lost interest/faith after 2021. I think the FIA are utter shambolic.

Wonder if the FIA will ever make a rule that says you must be straight in the grid box and not angled.

But Piastri will not beat max to turn 1.
Dirty Line and all
Would this rule apply to the other front row car that is angled, or does Red Bull get the usual FIA free pass?

2 drivers both angled and driving across the track, but only one criticised for a dirty line.

Last edited:
Back