Formula 1 Magyar Nagydíj 2016

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 509 comments
It is funny that Kimi is complaining about max "breaking" the rules, yet how many times has kim taken 4 wheels off the track(sure he was with in 20cm but still)

Max's move was marginal. I would have to watch it again, but the second move can be interpreted as returning to the racing line after a defensive move, as they were already in the corner entry.

Could go either way.

What a dull race... Verstappens borderline moves probably the highlight. Or maybe Buttons jibe at the stewards. Or Vettels 'blue flag, blue flag'. I do not think a single driver pushed their car to the limits for more than a lap, if that.

Also, Alonso is Mr Consistant.
P7 in FP1, FP2, FP3, Qualifying and Race.

The right to move once (before turning) is made to allow the defender to choose his line, not block the car behind. Moving twice is less than half a second is a very cheap move. A least three drivers does such thing on regular basis: Vesrtappen, Sainz and Magnussen. It's hard to imagine veteran drivers like Alonso or Button doing such move.

Ricciardo choking, red face, big grin and squinty eyes. Looked like he just took too big a hit from a bong. :lol:

The right to move once (before turning) is made to allow the defender to choose his line, not block the car behind. Moving twice is less than half a second is a very cheap move. A least three drivers does such thing on regular basis: Vesrtappen, Sainz and Magnussen. It's hard to imagine veteran drivers like Alonso or Button doing such move.
Magnussen got a penalty in Austria for moving more than once on Wehrlein, so I really can't understand why there hasn't even been an investigation today on Max for doing the same.

Great job by Lewis, very controlled race all day by him, made it look like he struggled, but surprise surprise he reveals the coy race he was playing at. I can see why his team would be frustrated. Good job on Daniel, ran a good race, not so good on Verstappen though, struggled with what could have been a better race for him and RBR but in the last 10 laps did good though perhaps iffy, but with in the rules. Overall the RBR team let their drivers down, tried to play bold strategy and failed and almost put their driver in the clutches of their nearest points rival.

Ferrari on the other hand did pretty good they got a great strategy on Kimi to allow him to come from the back and finish sixth, and helped Vettel nearly finish on the podium from fifth. So a decent race on their part. The only other notable thing to happen is seventh for Alonso. The remaining drivers in the top ten really didn't surprise me.

Biggest winners today or my driver of the day would have to be: Alonso or Lewis, it would have been Kimi if he didn't have a piece of his wing on the track somewhere.

Biggest loss of the day: Palmer who could have had points and just day dreamed at one point,
and Jenson.

Honey badger has his smile again

Cause he isn't 4th for the nth time.

Why do they keep letting this guy do interviews when they come to this part of Europe or further east...STOP

Have they gotten better? No question. Have they improved as much as others are saying? Hell no.
Currently, under the FACC scoring system, the lead Mercedes is 4.346 times better than the McLaren, which is only just about the 10th car on the grid (Renault 3.767; Haas 3.831; McLaren 4.346; Manor 6.108). McLaren have 5 FACC points finishes.

At the end of this Grand Prix last year, the lead Mercedes was 9.720 times better than the McLaren, and the car was the worst on the grid (Manor 6.935; Toro Rosso 8.679; Renault 9.346; McLaren 9.720) - with just 2 FACC points finishes.

By the end of 2015, McLaren stood at 4.511, ahead of Manor and Renault - so on the one hand the team has markedly improved with respect to the lead cars in the last 12 months and is currently marginally ahead of its overall 2015 performance, but on the other hand, so have the teams around them. Except Manor.

Just me that's never even heard of this dab thing then. I thought he was doing a dodgy version of Usain Bolt's celebration.

Back