Formula 1 Ooredoo Qatar Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 333 comments
So if it starts happening during qualifying session or during the race, would his car get disqualified? If so does it happen during via black flag or after the session?
I mean, Red Bull has been allowed to duct tape their wing and run anyway while Mercedes weren't allowed to tighten two screws over a 0.2mm gap.

So what the rules say (RB should be DSQ) and what actually happens are rare companions in Formula 1.

Given how much damage people are picking up over the kerbs at this track I think it's likely we'll see a lot of halfway squeezes where the inside driver forces the outside driver wide enough to screw their ride over but not be in danger of an investigation.

So much hyperbole. Can’t believe people think they are actually gaining anything by having the drs flopping around like that.
Nobody is imagining there is any benefit to have an aerodynamic oscillation like that, but it's not the point - Red Bull is bitching about Merc having an illegal rear wing (but can't prove it) while all the time running a rear wing which is illegal. Michael 'I definitely don't treat Red Bull any differently' Masi is continually allowing the team to run this illegal wing, patching it up, for it to happen again and again.

It seems this is the last weekend Mercedes is allowed to drive with this rearwing. At Jeddah they have to change the wing.

Enjoy Quali (BOT-HAM-VER)

==
Edit: And the RBR of Max has a bigger rear wing vs FP3.

Last edited:
Nobody is imagining there is any benefit to have an aerodynamic oscillation like that, but it's not the point - Red Bull is bitching about Merc having an illegal rear wing (but can't prove it) while all the time running a rear wing which is illegal. Michael 'I definitely don't treat Red Bull any differently' Masi is continually allowing the team to run this illegal wing, patching it up, for it to happen again and again.
Their whole argument is that the lower flap moves under high speeds and the score marks on the end plates are the “proof” according to them. What is illegal about RBR’s rear wing?

Last edited:
There whole argument is that the lower flap moves under high speeds and the score marks on the end plates are the “proof” according to them. What is illegal about RBR’s rear wing?
Top element is moving massively when DRS is open, both becoming a "moveable aerodynamic device" and definitely opening more than the 85mm that Hamilton's DRS failed in Brazil.

Why do Qatar want to build a new track for their GP? This one is excellent to watch them drive on. Racing might be difficult but it's a real driver's circuit here.

Mazepin 2.5 sec slower than anyone else...
He has only done 1 practice session compared to everyone else's 3, and he broke his front wing on his first laps, but still that's a long time difference...

Vettel did some passing in the pit entry and exit, may get some problems from that
before pit entry is still part of the track so allowed, what he did at pit exit is not allowed (according to the experts, I'm just the messenger)

Perez didn't seem to be doing too well in Q1 and Q2 and the laptimes were pretty close.

At least Leclerc was expecting not to make it.

Max needs to find a tad more pace or hope Alonso doesn’t repeat his lap time. I don’t think he’ll let Max get by so easily.

How the heck did Lewis find that much time?! Wow.

Gasly noooooooooooooo! But still P4. 😮

Good to see Tsunoda starting in the top 10.

Very surprised by the Alpines.

Back