Formula 1 Pirelli Großer Preis Der Steiermark 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 307 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ted is just against FP2 beung used. He has no idea whats being planned. Interestingly when they went back to him he basically conceded that if qualifying doesn't get rescheduled it will be FP2 that decides it.

F1 official twitter also tweeted saying FP2 could decide the grid. Nothing confirming it but qualifying technically hasn't been cancelled yet.

The trouble with moving it to Sunday is theres a tight schedule with F2 and F3 both running races prior to the F1 so, not impossible bur would require some rejigging, potentially shortened races or cancellation to get there, its not like when this has happened recently in Japan and USA where there hasn't been the other 2 series to contend with.
Tight schedule? There's like 2 hours between the last race and the Grand Prix. It's the biggest gap between races you'll see at any meeting. If it was a club event, you'd have the cars rolling out of the pitlane towards the grid almost as soon as the last car from the previous session has entered. It's not like there are any fan parades that need to happen to keep the Grandstands entertained. There's plenty of time. Do the Qualifying first, delay everything else by and hour and there's still time for the TV broadcasts to get the build-up programmes done without cars on track.

Tight schedule? There's like 2 hours between the last race and the Grand Prix. It's the biggest gap between races you'll see at any meeting. If it was a club event, you'd have the cars rolling out of the pitlane towards the grid almost as soon as the last car from the previous session has entered. It's not like there are any fan parades that need to happen to keep the Grandstands entertained. There's plenty of time. Do the Qualifying first, delay everything else by and hour and there's still time for the TV broadcasts to get the build-up programmes done without cars on track.

So why aren't they saying it could be moved to Sunday instead of saying could be using FP2? I'd love to see it moved to Sunday, makes for a great days action, but I feel they would have said that by now.

Ross Brawn saying it's likely to have Quali Sunday morning.

Quali is being reviewed throughout Saturday for possible running, says race director.

Last edited:
Hamilton's already complained he may have to start in P6, if only the teams had been told FP2 may decide the grid...

So why aren't they saying it could be moved to Sunday instead of saying could be using FP2? I'd love to see it moved to Sunday, makes for a great days action, but I feel they would have said that by now.
Because there is still the risk of Sunday morning not being possible to do with the legacy of this rain. They were bigging up FP2 because it is still a contingency plan, so teams were taking it seriously.

Hamilton's already complained he may have to start in P6, if only the teams had been told FP2 may decide the grid...
He did and Mercedes were treating it that way, he just wasn't happy with the car, so it's more of a "6th was the best I could do today, I hope I get another chance once we've worked out what is wrong"

He wont have to start 6th, "they'll run quali whatever" says race director.

Ross Brawn has said they will try for today but will run qualifying tomorrow if they can't. The F2 race and. Porsche Supercup race will be cancelled if this happens. So as I expected, the support program will take a hit to enable Sunday running.

Why is it called "styrian" and not Austrian?
Yes we just had Austrian but the word before GP normally relates to the country.

Yes we just had Austrian but the word before GP normally relates to the country.

Its the region its in, like calling the British GP, the Northamptonshire GP.

Can't have 2 Austrian GP. Mugello will be the Tuscany Ferrari 1000 GP. The 2nd Silverstone race will be the 70th anniversary GP. Doesnt always have to be the country.

So it had stopped raining, but started raining about 5 mins before quali so they've decided that quali will be delayed by 10 mins, which means we are very unlikely to get any running at all.

Sweet. Anyone closer to the track have a good radar? Mine is pretty inaccurate it seems

Here we go. Track didnt look too bad on the safety car outlap. Some rivers but not too bad.

Once they get out and start circulating, as long as no one crashes they should get the whole session done. These wets shift water.

This is awesome!! :lol:
This is like a mini race cause every single lap they do actually count :lol:

Last edited:
Perez is seriously struggling for pace in the wet!

So Grosjean went to the pit and never got back out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back