Formula 1 Pirelli Großer Preis Der Steiermark 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 307 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad they didn't cancel this qualy cause that one was properly entertaining! The care were running all the time!

Now let's get on with the race! With Lewis and Max on the front row, it should be a good one. Looks like it won't be as hot tomorrow as it was last time so that will probably play into the Merc's hand.

Looks like the F2 race will go ahead.

source.gif

Other than Bianchi, has there ever been a fatal accident in wet conditions?

One of the greatest drivers and a master of car control, Jim Clark, died in the rain at Hockenheim. Of course, that was an F2 car, not F1.

John Taylor at Nurburgring, crashed into Icxx's car in heavy reain. Although he was treated for his burns for five weeks after the accident he succumbed to his injuries.

I guess it's not the rain that makes any particular crash more dangerous, despite the increased likelihood of leaving the track, but it makes it more likely that more cars will crash at the same spot at the same time. Rescue workers could be trying to extricate somebody from a car at that point. Then there's the obvious problem with aerial medical extraction

Anyone still questioning if Hamilton is worthy of being touted as the successor to Schumacher as the statistical GOAT in F1 has surely been shut up by that. He's still the best out there, especially in the wet. 1.2 seconds on the shortest lap of the season on full wets? Unbelievable.

Really enjoyed the changing track conditions today was a very compelling watch. I get the feeling George Russell will be a force to be reckoned with in a better car, really great drive. Lewis was imperious today whether you love him or hate him you have to admit his butt gyroscope is second to none lol Valteri will be feeling the burn for sure. I feel bad for Albon his car balance was all wrong and he has a lot of pressure trying to keep up with rainmaster Max, I dont think Seb's comments of wanting to go back to Red Bull will be helping psychologically for Albon either (I heard Horner say Seb returning wont happen, but look at Gasly last year...) Cant wait for the race now, gonna put some laps on F1 in the meantime...

It was a long wait, but Formula 1 finally returned last week with one of the best season-opening Grands Prix we've seen in a very long time. The first half of the race showed us that F1 was back to normal: Mercedes streaking ahead, Verstappen and Ricciardo having engine issues, Grosjean spinning out of nowhere, Haas having brake issues, Vettel spinning after hitting another car, "Valtteri, It's James". But a late Safety Car turned everything on its head and made the race go from 1-100 very quickly.

This season looks really close. The midfield have closed the gap to the top teams - in fact there were two midfield teams on the podium in Austria! Ferrari hope to exit the midfield with their new Hungary upgrade speedtracked in a week earlier.

For the first time ever, Formula 1 will race a second race at the same circuit in a season in its 70 years of history. Will the race be exactly the same as last time or completely different? Judging by the chaos we just had, I wouldn't complain about seeing the same thing again. It's time to enjoy ourselves as for probably the only time ever, we can get hyped for the STYRIAN GRAND PRIX!!!

image.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
4.318km

Race Distance
306.452 km

Lap Record
1:06.957 Kimi Räikkönen (2018)​
Typical Spielberg... always a bloody sequel.

Seb's only options are Alpha Tauri and Haas. I don't see Alpha Tauri's lineup changing and Haas... they seem to not have the guts to get rid of their drivers and try some new talent. Maybe Seb can convince them that he can get them better results than Grosjean and Magnussen

Seb's only options are Alpha Tauri and Haas. I don't see Alpha Tauri's lineup changing and Haas... they seem to not have the guts to get rid of their drivers and try some new talent. Maybe Seb can convince them that he can get them better results than Grosjean and Magnussen

As much as I dislike Vettel, I don't wish for him to suffer the dumpster fire that is Haas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back