Formula 1 Qatar Airways Hungarian Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 124 comments
While we all love these rapid pitstops

Maybe the FIA should limit the number of pit crew working on the car.
We have 3 for each tire(gun user, tire remover, tire fitter) which makes 12
Front jackman
Rear jackman
Spare rear jackman
2 Stabilizers

Thus would make it around 17

There should just be a crew for tires, the gun user should remove and add the new tire.
The teams already don't want to make pitstops as much as they can get away with. Slowing them down will make 2 and 3 stop races even less likely.

Was that a fake out by Russell?

Seems odd he would make a call that he wants to box then he overtakes.

edit: Though this is also typical for Ferrari to fade out during the race.

Last edited:
What happened to Piastri? Switched to the golf for a couple minutes and he's miles behind Hamilton.

What happened to Piastri? Switched to the golf for a couple minutes and he's miles behind Hamilton.
Hamilton has been doing flying laps and Leclerc is essentially 8 seconds behind the McLaren so no reason to push.

1. Verstappen (FL)
2. Norris
3. Perez
4. Hamilton
5. Piastri
6. Russell
7. Leclerc
8. Sainz
9. Alonso
10. Stroll

Congrats to Red Bull on their milestone.

Nice podium for Lando, and a solid 5th for Piastri. I'm still cautiously optimistic about McLaren's pace, but it was nice to see them so quick.

Quiet race for Ricciardo. Glad he's back.

Looking at how this race unfolded, it's safe to say that Red Bull has not been fighting anyone this season but themselves. The fight is only for P2 and the team to beat is Mercedes. I say this because they are the only team that has been consistently competing for that position while other players seem to come and go. At the start it was against Aston Martin then briefly against the Ferrari and now against McLaren. Meanwhile Aston Martin seems to have completely dropped off and they are only fighting against the Ferrari but only just.

We know McLaren has more upgrades coming and I think Mercedes might too but I wonder if Aston Martin and Ferrari has already maxed out their upgrades plans. Horner already said the upgrade they just brought for Hungary is it for Red Bull and they are focusing on 2024.

We know McLaren has more upgrades coming and I think Mercedes might too but I wonder if Aston Martin and Ferrari has already maxed out their upgrades plans. Horner already said the upgrade they just brought for Hungary is it for Red Bull and they are focusing on 2024.
They are nowhere since the new tyres came in.

Bahrain 3/10
Saudi Arabia: 2/10
Australia: 5/10
Baku: 3/10
Miami: 4/10
Monaco: 6/10
Barcelona: 2/10
Montreal: 5/10
Spielberg: 5/10
Silverstone: 5/10
Hungary: 3/10

sadly another one to forget

They are nowhere since the new tyres came in.
When did the new tyres come in the picture? I feel like Aston Martin hasn't really been all that competitive since Canada which I believe was when they got their last upgrades.

Bahrain 3/10
Saudi Arabia: 2/10
Australia: 5/10
Baku: 3/10
Miami: 4/10
Monaco: 6/10
Barcelona: 2/10
Montreal: 5/10
Spielberg: 5/10
Silverstone: 5/10
Hungary: 3/10

sadly another one to forget
The next two will be like this too sadly. The sport is in an incredibly sad state right now.

If they were smart, they'd have gimmicked trophies for the podium for exactly this reason.

Back