Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix 2024Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 118 comments
German F1 forums and comment sections of german and austrian F1 media on FB, YT, etc. are also like this. Depending on the topic often even worse (Max, Lewis, Horner, Toto and of course the hottest of all final Abu Dhabi 2021).
It was bad already 10 years ago but like on nearly every sport, politics, etc. topic on X and reddit in general it's way worse today. There isn't any communication culture left. Especially F1 reddit went further downhill with every new season of DTS and Abu Dhabi 2021 killed every little bit what was left of those few well discussed topics.

But if you think F1 topics are badly discussed you can still top this with football (the worldwide one, soccer) 🔥

Reddit is good for seeing articles you don’t normally see. The comment part is just like twitter X, youtube, fb, or any social media. Just a cesspool of opinions.

Last edited:
I'm at the point where I completely avoid the comments section on any F1 articles, news and/or videos. People can't seem to be able to have any kind of reasonable conversation about F1 on any of those platforms. @Veinz said "a cesspool of opinions" but I think it's a whole lot worse than that...I'm just not really sure what to really call it.

One of the most annoying thing for me is that it doesn't matter who or what an article is about, as long as it is about F1, somehow the conversation always seems to be Lewis and/or Max.

It's really toxic out there. I second @Liquid , the only exception so far has been GTPlanet where I can see that people can at least have a "friendly" conversation regardless of which driver and/or team they follow.

I was a member of the autosport forums for awhile too, that place was no better.

Last edited:
I was a member of the autosport forums for awhile too, that place was no better.
I still enjoy a browse of The Nostalgia Forum every so often, because the conversations are incredibly obscure.

Twenty years ago, the unwritten rule in that forum was that your couldn't discuss events post-1993.

I never look at the comment section of F1 articles on Motorsport.com but I did earlier this week and I instantly regretted it.

And just like that, tonights race got significantly more interesting.

Did Perez also receive a new PU for this race?

Yikes, Max brake fire.

tenor.gif

Gogogo Sainz, Lando and Piastri!

Max brake fire. Race on!!!!

It is a shame for Max that the streak and attempt for win #10 in a row has stopped so early for a brake fire, but dang does it make the rest of this race so much more exciting.

That brake looks annihilated, how did that happen?

Ooh are we going to get a proper 2011-6 level many pitstops race?

Sauber still can't do pitstops lol

Geez.....Max out and suddenly there's a different level of excitement about the race....let's go Ferrari, don't fumble it!

Back