Formula 1 Rolex Belgian Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 464 comments
Norris is killing it
Indeed. He's on form today.

Another Q3 appearance from Russell. Latifi narrowly misses on joining him, but managed to split the 2 Ferraris. I think it's safe to say that Williams got a massive confidence boost after Hungary.

Ricciardo just barely gets into Q3, thank goodness.

I was getting ready to say that the conditions were giving me Spa '98 vibes. Scary stuff, Norris is ok thankfully.

Last edited:
Unacceptable that this happened. They should have red flagged from the start. Thankfully he's alright. They say they're about driver safety yet they continually ignore safety issues.

What are they going to do with tomorrow's race if they already had to red flag twice today?
There's twice as much rain coming tomorrow.

Luckily for Lando, it looks he hit the edge of the wall curving away towards the straight and help bounce him away rather than hitting it dead stop. Sadly, I’m worried he’s injured his arm/wrist by the way he was holding it. :(

It's coming down hard right now. I have a feeling that Q3 might be abandoned if this continues.

Edit: Martin Brundle: "Other than going up a runway, doing a 180 and going back down, racing will be dangerous."

Me, pretending to be AVUS: "Am I a joke to you?"

Last edited:
It's coming down hard right now. I have a feeling that Q3 might be abandoned if this continues.

Edit: Martin Brundle: "Other than going up a runway, doing a 180 and going back down, racing will be dangerous."

Me, pretending to be AVUS: "Am I a joke to you?"
AVUS wasn't a runway. Zeltweg Air Base was though, universally derised and never used again after one race.

I imagine there's going to be at least one driver making a complaint about the constant replays of Lando's shunt being broadcasted. Not quite the same vein as Romain's crash, but...

Russell on full wets.

"Bold strategy move, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off."

Prediction: Russell in top 5.

Russell...what are you up to...?

Edit: HOLYYYY CRAPOLIIII!!! RUSSELL P2!!!!!!

Last edited:
Animated GIF

Not only did he take P2, he beat Lewis on pace, too. That was incredible!

Also Danny Ric takes P4 today. A much better result compared to previous outings.

Weirdly that equals Russell's best ever qualifying... with his sole Mercedes race :lol:

I wonder if he can use the Mercedes grunt to get ahead into Les Combes...

P2 is nice when you're able to get slipstream first time on Kemel straight. Bit like Sotchi where you won't get pole.

Last edited:
Back