• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 255 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
image (12).png

A lot of Formula 1 fans are hoping they announce the 2023 F1 calendar this week along with a renewal of a contract with Spa, because this just can't be the last time F1 visits here. The summer break comes to an end at one of the most famed and historic circuits on the calendar. The track has had a large facelift since last year, with runoff increases at Raidillon in response to too many years of horror crashes there, and gravel in lots more corners for bikes. The month of July delivered us 4 absolutely epic F1 races, will the Summer Break have helped Ferrari's strategy team get it together, or Mercedes to challenge for victory again? The anti-Porpoising g-force regulations are being enforced from this weekend onwards, so what effect will that have at hopefully not the last BELGIAN GRAND PRIX!

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
7.004km

Race Distance
308.052 km

Lap Record
1:46.286
Valtteri Bottas (2018)​

Start can be pretty interesting without the huge runoff after T1 which was replaced with gravel during the winter. SC/redflag chances are higher now with lot of places F1 cars can get beached but still most gravel traps are far behind asphalt-runoffs so there are only few places like runoff after T1 or T7 where the gravel is close to the curb/runoff. Will be interesting to see how the bigger runoff after Raidillon will effect track limit abuse. Hope there won't be another s-show with lots of deleted laps or penalties.

Last edited:
We all know this is the end - it'll get replaced by another soulless street circuit paid for by a despotic regime.
Let's hope it gets a worthy sendoff.
Yes, but only if you get lucky with the climate, the economy and the war. This has been a season to savor, forever.

We all know this is the end - it'll get replaced by another soulless street circuit paid for by a despotic regime.
North Korean Grand Prix.

North Korean Grand Prix.
Well, Pyongyang does have plenty of road infrastructure that's apparently kept in pretty good shape. Largely because nobody outside DPRK officials can afford a car to drive on them regularly, but y'know.

North Korean Grand Prix.
Well, they do need another venue where women are second-class citizens and homosexuality is illegal, to go with Singapore, Bahrain, United Arab Emirate, Russia, China, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Texas, and Florida.

Well, they do need another venue where women are second-class citizens and homosexuality is illegal, to go with Singapore, Bahrain, United Arab Emirate, Russia, China, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Texas, and Florida.
F1 reversing its spine to go back to Russia would be hilarious. Too bad (good?) Russia doesn't have the money. Or maybe they go back to Malaysia.

I forgot they hosted one in India too. And of course Azerbaijan.

I reckon Iran looks well on for one.

Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan are still to be prized open and have their juices sucked out. Plenty of desert car parks still to be constructed. Hell, even Afghanistan probably has a decent enough chance.

Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan are still to be prized open and have their juices sucked out. Plenty of desert car parks still to be constructed. Hell, even Afghanistan probably has a decent enough chance.
Kyrgyzstan and then you can spend a segment trying to see the F1 drivers trying to spell Kyrgyzstan.

Before WW2, the last 2 GP's were both held at Tripoli.

Lewis laps Tripoli

Last edited:
Aramco Grand Prix of Somalia has a ring to it.

Excited!!
Please no rain 🙏🏼
Rain is forecast all weekend currently...

Well if you believe the rumours/supposed 2023 calendar this and France are being replaced by Las Vegas and Kyalami. So one soulless street circuit, one actually decent real circuit.

I'm not up with the latest news regarding possibly losing Spa next year. What's the issue, cash would be my guess?

I'm not up with the latest news regarding possibly losing Spa next year. What's the issue, cash would be my guess?
money is always the issue. other venues will pay a lot more in hosting fees, plus the F1 owners say they want to make the sport more global (but also have multiple US races).

Hopefully the Red cars can win, the piggy ones. We will find out how well a GOAT gets along with a pig. I think Shov hinted at more power and downforce for this race and the TD also might affect some teams more than others. If they can outperform Max at this track which should be perfect for this years Red Bull's strengths then championship hopes for Mercedes will be a reality if they are also quicker than Ferrari. Might be hard to read with the rain the performance but if Helmut Marko seems annoyed with Mercedes performance then will know the people at Brackley and Brixworth have done a great job.

Will be interesting to see how many cars get new upgraded power unit elements. Impressive that they all seem to be 1000HP+. Given the conditions it looks like it will be for this race, it would be good to see Williams and Nicholas have a solid race.

I'm sure the red will be good in avoiding any potential Ferrari bad luck.

You were too busy wondering whether you could without considering whether you should.

Hopefully the Red cars can win, the piggy ones. We will find out how well a GOAT gets along with a pig. I think Shov hinted at more power and downforce for this race and the TD also might affect some teams more than others. If they can outperform Max at this track which should be perfect for this years Red Bull's strengths then championship hopes for Mercedes will be a reality if they are also quicker than Ferrari. Might be hard to read with the rain the performance but if Helmut Marko seems annoyed with Mercedes performance then will know the people at Brackley and Brixworth have done a great job.

Will be interesting to see how many cars get new upgraded power unit elements. Impressive that they all seem to be 1000HP+. Given the conditions it looks like it will be for this race, it would be good to see Williams and Nicholas have a solid race.
Ah, the optimist is back!

Raidillon surroundings certainly looking different. Gotta be honest though, I think those metal barriers for track limits are a bit extreme.

Fa8bibkXoAAS4l1

Fa8bjbqXwAA4bLh

As far as I understand the red livery of the Rote Sau (red pig) won't be on the actual racing cars and only on the show car. The racecars + safetycars will only have changed Merc/AMG logos and start numbers.

Last edited:
Raidillon surroundings certainly looking different. Gotta be honest though, I think those metal barriers for track limits are a bit extreme.

Fa8bibkXoAAS4l1

Fa8bjbqXwAA4bLh
Hey, it worked during January 6th! Have some faith!

Back