Formula 1 Rolex Belgian Grand Prix 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 255 comments
It was a two stop race with plenty of different tyres, a race win from the back and lots of overtakes - some epic like the Eau Rouge pass and the triple one down the back straight. For a supposed "boring" race it really wasn't, because we instead had overtakes and good racing. Just because someone wins a race by 20 seconds doesn't automatically make the rest of it a bad race...
It wasn't from the back, and he wasn't challenged at any stage, with a 30kph+ speed difference with DRS it wasn't even enjoyable to watch him pass anyone. The one pass in eau rouge happened before eau rouge as they didn't fancy side by side and the triple pass was again thanks to overpowered DRS. It being dull had nothing to do with a 20 second winning advantage, but when that 20 second winning advantage came from 14th with no challenge, its hardly indicative of a good race. Even the F1 channel YouTube highlights struggled to find anything between lap 17 and lap 41.

DRS is still very important to just get in the position to overtake. Still would take it around and get DRS 2 seconds for the car behind but just until it is 0,8-1s close. As soon as the following car is under 0,8s behind the wing should close/not open.

Last edited:
🤡Binotto: We were brave

Binotto needs to **** off!!!

This man has no ambition and cannot take reponsibility!!!

Get this clown out of my beloved Scuderia. The mentality he has when he said we are not here to win the Championship.

What is he doing in F1 then? You are Scuderia Ferrari you are suppose to win no matter what 🤬

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun race. Plenty of passing and I show why Spa should never leave the calendar and some great drives.

Verstappen: Absolutely peerless and unstoppable at the moment. This guy is in another league and everything he does goes right. He even rolled a Natural 20 on ripping his Tearoff, as it completely ruined the race for his title rival! Getting Hamilton in Brazil 2021 vibes from that race as the new engine was only a small part of his incredible pace difference and ease at which he appeared at the front.

Perez: Didn't really feature but stayed out of Max's way and followed him home ahead of everyone else.

Sainz: Wasn't able to do anything with the inherited pole as Ferrari chose an "SMH" strategy, which sums them up really.

Russell: Merc were third fastest so beating a Ferrari was the best he could hope for.

Alonso: Innocent on lap 1, comical on the radio and flawless after that for another strong result, with another strong front-of-midfield drive.

Leclerc: Mugged by Max on lap 1, it was obvious what was going to happen after that. Ferrari don't even have the confidence to ruin their own race anymore, and the strategy discussions on the radio were so embarrassingly obvious it just hurt them in the long run. Melted wheelspeed sensor causing the pit speed violation is a very valid excuse, but nonetheless embarrassing as that late pitstop was a total flop.

Ocon: What a pass on Vettel and Gasly! And another amazing recovery drive from the back.

Vettel: Definitely ruined Stroll's chance of scoring a point on the first lap, but once again showed that Aston are much faster in the races than in quali.

Gasly: Totally anonymous, but pitlane to points is always impressive.

Albon: Great drive to keep the back-of-the-grid car in the points and hold everyone off behind. DRS may have been powerful, but not everyone can get past.

Stroll: Should have been left space on the opening lap, and recovery to 11th was OK, but being the first car with DRS in a DRS train means you're the one ruining everyone elses race by not being able to overtake.

Norris: Starting at the back didn't help, but McLaren's pace didn't really look anywhere this weekend, so couldn't do anything much.

Tsunoda: I didn't see him at anytime in the broadcast TBH so no idea.

Zhou: Another driver stuck in the DRS train that got nowhere really.

Ricciardo: Was running as high as 5th at the start of the race, but to fall back so far was pretty damning and further cemented McLaren's decision to part ways as a good idea.

Magnussen: Wait, Haas were at Spa?

Schumacher: a nice pass through Eau Rouge, but for last place.

Latifi: Bottled it on Lap 2 and his race was done at that point.

Bottas: Innocent victim and unlucky with gravel.

Hamilton: Why he turned in that sharply I don't know, but a first Lap 1 DNF since Barcelona 2016 for him and one he can't apportion blame to the other car for.
Lol. It was a terrible terrible race. Absolutely nothing happened and the winner was decided 12 laps in.

It was a two stop race with plenty of different tyres, a race win from the back and lots of overtakes - some epic like the Eau Rouge pass and the triple one down the back straight. For a supposed "boring" race it really wasn't, because we instead had overtakes and good racing. Just because someone wins a race by 20 seconds doesn't automatically make the rest of it a bad race...
As good a drive as it was, it really wasn't from the back. It was effectively a P13 start with GAS in the pit lane and he was P10 after the first corner, P8 after Lap 1.

Some of the other racing was decent, but most of it was DRS passes done before the turn-in. It certainly wasn't the worst race ever, but it really wasn't all that exciting either for 90% of it. Pretty bang average, I'd say.

Thought it was pretty much a snooze-fest. However, I definitely agree it put an extra nail in the coffin that holds Leclerc's championship hopes.

While Russell was fast, I felt like Mercedes weren't as surprising as they'd been a few races prior to the break.

I couldn't help but appreciate how solid Alpine was, and wonder where Alonso will be in an Aston.

I couldn't help but appreciate how solid Alpine was, and wonder where Alonso will be in an Aston.
Outperforming the car but further down the grid. He's the current King of Formula 1.5 so I expect he'll be quite competitive in Formula Q2.

Sainz complaining that no one gives Ferrari credit when they get their strategy right.
Well, to be fair;
Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back