Formula 1 Rolex Großer Preis Von Österreich 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 532 comments
If he sees a yellow, he should slow down, regardless of if it was a mistake to be shown. Keep driving through yellow flags and one day it won't be a mistake, leading to disaster.
Something something, boy who cried Wolff.

Ouch, as a Ferrari fan it really hurts to see all the Ferrari-based teams struggling this year. It’s also pretty sus considering it’s only those three teams that have gained time compared to last year while each other team has lost time. Probably were cheating last year then.

Oh well, there’s always next year... and the video game.

Bottas needs to grasp this season with both hands and rather than clenching his fist at the camera at a lucky pole position, as Hamilton was up on him at the 2nd split, he needs to grow some balls and take it to Hamilton, as it'll be his last chance before Russell ousts him from his seat.

I really hope he does it and wish him all the best.

Edit, was that off track excursion a 'rosberg at monaco-esque' tactic I wonder

Watching the onboard, absolutely not.

Yeah I saw him hit the apex perfectly and just boot it too.

The perfect corner to let it drift onto the gravel, as there's plenty of run off, then to trigger yellow flags and secure pole.

Maybe not but I'll suspect alot after Vettels turn in escapades at Canada.

Post-Qualifying Paddock Pass is on F1TV. Everyone has a mask on. Except Vettel. Seriously dude? Is it not mandatory?

So...

Haas: Magnussen is 1.1 seconds slower than last year and Grosjean 0.2 seconds slower. Haas is a perfect example of how not to Formula 1.

In short, Mercedes, Racing Point, McLaren, AlphaTauri and Williams have all improved while Haas, Alfa Romeo and Ferrari have catapulted backwards.

If HAAS have sorted out their long run pace honestly I’d consider that a notable improvement, or at least a bounce back from last year. Them also having reduced upgrades will hold them back a bit, though. If their tires aren’t overheating if you think about them the wrong way again I think they can be safely 8th this year, maybe 9th if Latifi shows quick improvement and Williams plays their cards really well.

Post-Qualifying Paddock Pass is on F1TV. Everyone has a mask on. Except Vettel. Seriously dude? Is it not mandatory?
I think it is meant to be mandatory. All paddock interviews are being conducted at social distancing with the drivers wearing masks. Vettel and Red Bull received warnings following a picture of Vettel talking to Helmut Marko and Christian Horner in which none of them were wearing a mask.

Simon Lazenby on Sky did an interview filmed on Thursday with Chase Carey ,where neither wore a mask (they were on a table in front of them), however despite saying they were keeping to distancing measures, they seemed in quite close proximity to one another.

As if there was ever going to be a penalty.

In today's world, with Hamilton being the main face of the entire moral movement of the F1 circus, they can't afford to do anything that would stop him from beating all of Schumacher's records. He's done it all with a car even more dominant than the ones Schumacher had, with team orders just as bad as the ones at Ferrari, and has got away with clear rule breaches such as this one just like Schumacher did. Yet people remember the Ferrari years as the worst ever while Hamilton's time at the top is applauded and cheered. The evil German vs. the perfect poster boy, I guess.
There's so much wrong with this entire post.

I'm not convinced Redbull can't win, last year Verstappen was 4 tenths off pole and his race pace was far surpiror to the rest.
I'm not doubting Red Bull either; they've put themselves in a good position. I just hope that their strategy call pays off.

C79BBCBA-7EB7-4F33-90DE-89E27AC632E1.jpeg
1B1653EA-DC09-4F50-AABB-5C3FA3AF0B76.jpeg
D8D96BC1-9100-4F74-83C1-F5DD9B8D44B8.jpeg

The Mercedes overlords demanding your tributes.

Last edited:
Watching the support races, there are a LOT more Safety Cars and VSCs for minor pull-offs, so expect it to be deployed during the race if anyone stops on track.

To reduce people at the circuits, marshal numbers are lower at the tracks this season, so it seems that Race Control are giving them plenty of time to deal with any incident safely and with chance to Social Distance while recovering a car if possible.

Excited to finally have a race again. The lack of crowds doesn't look as weird as I thought it would be. If anything it makes you focus on the cars and the beauty of the surrounding scenery more 👍

Anyway, my random thoughts after quali:
- Can PorridgeOS 3.0 finally beat Darth Lewis this year?
- Will Merc's all black car came back to bite them in the high temperatures?
- Ferrari oh Ferrari. Someone mentioned that Leclerc could be doomed to Alesi's fate at this rate and I wouldn't be surprised if it became true. Vettel must be laughing right now. And Sainz crying.
- However, we all laughed at Ferrari's incompetence last year until their upgrade package made them suddenly dominant. Same thing could happen this year too. Probably not as big a jump though considering they can't "cheat" anymore.
- Red Bull is always there, nipping at the heels of Merc. Albon needs to get closer to Max still if he wants his seat completely safe.
- Midfield's best of the rest battle is looking very tasty. I'd say Pink Merc and McLaren is level with Renault slightly behind.
- Given the tight midfield margins, it makes it very obvious which drivers are rusty and which have been keeping sharp over lockdown. Would be interesting to see if the gap between teammates get closer over the season.
- Alpha Tauri are in a bit of doldrums at the moment. At least they have a good livery.
- Williams seems to have made a massive improvement (though it's not hard to do given how bad they are last year). Again I wonder how much of that is down to Russell outperforming the car or a genuine improvement. Latifi is off pace but given he's a rookie, I'll give him a break.
- Alfa and Haas seems to suffer from Ferrari's weakened engine. Absolutely nowhere. I can't see Kimi hanging around beyond this year if they don't get their act together to be honest.

Roll on 2020 :D

Excited to finally have a race again. The lack of crowds doesn't look as weird as I thought it would be. If anything it makes you focus on the cars and the beauty of the surrounding scenery more 👍

I suppose the one benefit is that now the TV directors can't cut to a shot of the crowd prematurely when an overtake happens!

Oh, who am I kidding... they'll probably have a long lens/drone on the hillside couple from yesterday if they show up again.

I've seen some rumours on Reddit and other discussion places that since the FIA clarification Ferrari have basically had to make a whole new Power Unit from scratch, or at least had to do some major redesigns.

That would certainly explain the sudden major lack of speed. It just remains to see if they have reliability to at least survive the race.

I'm hoping the cameras are gonna ignore the black Mercs and just concentrate on the epic race that'll unfurl from P3 down.

Back