Formula 1 Rolex Großer Preis Von Österreich 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 532 comments
Damn, guess it's time to pack it in for this season, huh? Half a second clear on a short track, Ferraris nowhere.

But in all seriousness, that Ferrari upgrade better be the real deal, this is embarrassing. Someone should be fired.

Drama I bet Lewis would have pipped valteri there without the yellow flag he had slow sector 1 after the spin great close team battle 2day.

Biggest surprise (for me) is Norris in his McLaren on P4. Was somehow predicted but at the end they have to show it and he did. Max lifting on his mediums behind both Mercedes's during the start tomorrow seems promising? We'll see. Great performance of Bottas.
Even with his final stint Dirt Rally gravel lap :scared:

All i want is a close title fight, will need either Lewis drop off/Bottas improvement ( over the season - he normally starts strong like this ) or Red Bull to be MUCH better in race performance than qualifying.

0.5 from P2 to P3 is pretty 👎

So...

Mercedes: Bottas is 0.6 seconds faster than last year and Hamilton 0.2 seconds. That gap is enormous, if they were at Spa they'd be almost a second faster than everyone else.

Red Bull: Verstappen is 0.1 seconds slower than last year and Albon is 0.3 faster than Gasly's time. Verstappen starting on the mediums could give him a late-race advantage on low fuel.

Ferrari: Leclerc is 0.9 seconds slower than last year and Vettel is 0.6 seconds slower. Where to begin...they've really dropped the ball, assuming the new car is any better they just need to think damage limitation for these two races; stay out of trouble and grab points whenever possible.

Racing Point: Perez is 0.9 seconds faster than last year and Stroll 0.8 seconds. Look's like they've bridged the gap to the front-runners, or at least to Red Bull, but to be fair that car does look almost exactly the same as last year's Mercedes.

McLaren: Sainz is 0.5 seconds faster than last year and Norris 0.4 seconds. McLaren have evidently stepped up as well, and that was fantastic from Norris.

Renault: Ricciardo is 0.4 seconds faster than last year and Ocon 0.1 seconds slower than Huelkenberg's time. Ocon is a bit rusty obviously but they seem a little better.

AlphaTauri: Gasly is 0.4 seconds faster than Albon's time last year and Kyvat is 0.9 seconds faster. A major improvement over last year, slightly nulled by everyone else's improvements

Haas: Magnussen is 1.1 seconds slower than last year and Grosjean 0.2 seconds slower. Haas is a perfect example of how not to Formula 1.

Alfa Romeo: Raikkonen is 0.9 seconds slower than last year and Giovinazzi 1 second slower. They were really strong here last year so this does not bode well.

Williams: Russell is 0.7 seconds faster than last year and Latifi is 0.5 seconds faster than Kubica's time last year. Russell is killing it and that's a perfectly respectable first qualifying from Latifi. They've closed the gap, we just need to see if they can fight.

In short, Mercedes, Racing Point, McLaren, AlphaTauri and Williams have all improved while Haas, Alfa Romeo and Ferrari have catapulted backwards.

It wasn't a great performance and all seemed to be down to pace, not any of Ferrari's customary other-sort-of-****-ups.

Makes me wonder who Leclerc's boss will be in 2022 :lol:

I guess not having their cheat mode of introducing other flammable liquids into the combustion chamber to avoid fuel flow regs is hurting them, boys will be boys according to the governing body, and nicely covered it up too.

If it's within the regulations couldn't Ferrari just fly last year's cars in for next weekend?
Theoretically yes, but a team like Ferrari wouldn't accept defeat like that. Only if the fabled Hungary update fails may they need to do that.

Last edited:
Only if the fabled Hungary update fails may they need to do that.

It seems as plain as something this covered-up can be, they can't do that.

I stuck up for Ferrari during the "is they a cheat?" period of 2019, I didn't see any evidence that they were cheating and I thought some of their gains were explicable through genuine performance and track type.

In retrospect I find it hard to see why they'd be required to make a settlement for something that was entirely legal. If it wasn't entirely legal it was partly illegal, and therefore illegal. Other teams have lost out through that and should, in my opinion, be informed of what happened. Maybe even offered some recompense against points and winning that they lost. A closed-door Ferrari hearing plays to all the ******** "Ferrari International Assistance" jokes of the 1980s and takes us (imo) right back to the days of Balestre.

Didn't know Bottas got divorced at the end of 2019.

How long until we can see Bottas going off track with the F1 theme overdubbed.

That's gonna be a spicy grid if he gets a five-place penalty.
I think it would only be 3, because that's what Max got in Mexico. I have a feeling Hamilton might worm his way out of it because he was right behind Bottas when he went off, so technically he might not have "seen" the yellow because it came out physically behind him. But without seeing the onboard we can't assume anything. If a yellow light box is visible and he didn't lift off, then it's a slam dunk penalty.

That's gonna be a spicy grid if he gets a five-place penalty.
And he'd still be ahead of Ferrari.

8ddd86d705603d027820av2k8h.gif

The Ferrari salt must flow.

https://www.racefans.net/2020/07/04/hamilton-cleared-over-yellow-flag-speeding/

No penalty. Apparently he saw both green and yellow flags (probably because Bottas drove from one flag zone to the next one, therefore a green turned into a yellow), so the stewards left it alone.

Which is silly. If he sees a yellow, he should slow down, regardless of if it was a mistake to be shown. Keep driving through yellow flags and one day it won't be a mistake, leading to disaster.

As if there was ever going to be a penalty.

In today's world, with Hamilton being the main face of the entire moral movement of the F1 circus, they can't afford to do anything that would stop him from beating all of Schumacher's records. He's done it all with a car even more dominant than the ones Schumacher had, with team orders just as bad as the ones at Ferrari, and has got away with clear rule breaches such as this one just like Schumacher did. Yet people remember the Ferrari years as the worst ever while Hamilton's time at the top is applauded and cheered. The evil German vs. the perfect poster boy, I guess.

Back