Formula 1 Rolex Magyar Nagydíj 2019

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 244 comments
I've heard Button and Rosberg saying it's no joke having Lewis hunting you, I guess Max is feeling that pressure today :lol:

Red Bull will rue not bringing Max into the pits when Hamilton pitted... it looked like they made the right decision at the time, but only until hindsight.

Mercedes has snatched victory from the jaws of... uh... non-victory.

So if he didn't sleep the first time and kept up the 5 or 6 seconds he might have had an extra 2-3 seconds window to pit and be safe, assuming no problems in the pits.

But even still, he pits and comes out slightly behind? So what, they both have fresh tires and a full 20 laps to race. He could have gotten ahead on track, but we'll never know.

So if he didn't sleep the first time and kept up the 5 or 6 seconds he might have had an extra 2-3 seconds window to pit and be safe, assuming no problems in the pits.

But even still, he pits and comes out slightly behind? They both have fresh tires and a full 20 laps to race. He could have gotten ahead on track, but we'll never know.
Backseat driving is always easy

Backseat driving is always easy
I didn't say he would have gotten by, just that they shouldn't have made a strategy call based on time alone. I don't understand that at all. It sounds like they're saying they don't have confidence in Max to keep up with Lewis once he's ahead.

Did Ferrari swap Vettel and Leclerc on the last lap?

Vettel 2 stopped and was on softs for the last stint. Leclerc had 1 stopped and was on old hards, so Vettel had a pace advantage.

Edit: Sorry, no he didn't; Vettel stayed out much longer in his first stint on mediums, then put softs on for the final stint, but still had a grip advantage over Leclerc.

Last edited:
Good race but I don't think Redbull could of Prevented Hamilton from winning this one, if they had of pitted Mercedes would of stayed out and Hamilton had newer Hards and more pace it would of been harder For Verstappen to do what Hamilton did.

I didn't say he would have gotten by, just that they shouldn't have made a strategy call based on time alone. I don't understand that at all. It sounds like they're saying they don't have confidence in Max to keep up with Lewis once he's ahead.
It seemed like Lewis would not be able to catch Max, Max could have gone to the end on those tires if he didn't have to defend that hard. Mercedes made an incredible gamble, but it paid off.

Latest Posts

Back