Formula 1 STC Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 950 comments
Leclerc first victim to be charged with that wall premium that I mentioned earlier. The track is so fast, there's virtually no room for error, 1 mistake and your race is done. It should be an exciting race but likely a very tense one too.

Red bull doesn't seem to have that car dialed in yet but Max doesn't seem too far off the pace compared to Checo who seem to be going really slow. This looks like it might go Lewis' / Mercedes' way assuming nothing major happens.

Leclerc first victim to be charged with that wall premium that I mentioned earlier. The track is so fast, there's virtually no room for error, 1 mistake and your race is done. It should be an exciting race but likely a very tense one too.

Red bull doesn't seem to have that car dialed in yet but Max doesn't seem too far off the pace compared to Checo who seem to be going really slow. This looks like it might go Lewis' / Mercedes' way assuming nothing major happens.
There was a comment on Reddit that said between Perez & his engineer, he said he was struggling with the car.

Max's conversation with Horner didn't sound super enthusiastic, either. Horner gave him a choice of what he wanted to do & Max said, "I don't care".

Revenge of the Jeddah.

I love this track driving it as a mod in AC. It's basically AVUS with a few kinks on the straights. Proper balls to the walls track and very unique. Unfortunately as everyone said the racing is going to be pretty boring. Only thing we can hope for is safety car spicing things up in terms of strategy.

Slow cars and cars already on full speed are very dangerous at this track. Speed difference is too big. Is a minimum speed an idea?
Hopeffuly no accidents during FP3/Quali with the slower cars.

Unleash the beast

1638627677261.png

Having eventually seen the onboard of Lewis flying past slower cars at what must have been well over 100mph difference with absolutely no chance of seeing them until he's right ontop of them , I have to wonder what the FIA and F1 were thinking about other than their wallets . This track just seems too dangerous.

They might need tiered qualifying. They nearly introduced this at Monaco in 2010 for Lotus, Virgin, and HRT, though ironically they all actually got blocked themselves by Massa.

That was pretty close. Hamilton cruizing in his cool down lap and both Gasly and Mazepin almost crashed into him. Engineer warned Lewis (too) late and he stayed on the racing line twice. Dangerous situations

Last edited:
You could argue the team themselves should get penalised but not Lewis himself for any wrongdoing.

Masi also mentioned there was no flags. How do you even see a white flag while going that quickly through those corners? Lol.

Last edited:
You could also argue that a driver of Hamiltons skill and experience should have the awareness to work it out for himself.
You could argue the team themselves should get penalised but not Lewis himself for any wrongdoing.

You could also argue that a driver of Hamiltons skill and experience should have the awareness to work it out for himself.
The Gasly one definitely looks worse for him. It's at the end of the main straight so he would've seen him in his mirrors well before.

Gasly, sure. Looks like maybe the intention was to give Gasly the apex by going wide.

The Mazepin incident isn't on him. As they said, it's a blind turn, if the driver behind can't see whose up ahead, how can they expect the driver ahead to do the same. Blame falls on the Merc. wall & probably the marshals for not waving white flags.

Gasly, sure. Looks like maybe the intention was to give Gasly the apex by going wide.

The Mazepin incident isn't on him. As they said, it's a blind turn, if the driver behind can't see whose up ahead, how can they expect the driver ahead to do the same. Blame falls on the Merc. wall & probably the marshals for not waving white flags.
And Herman Tilke , for designing a track where you can't see more than 50m at 160mph .

According to the document, it's for waved double yellows.

Indeed. All media thought it was for the near accident(s) with Mazepin and/or Gasly. Now it seems he ignored double yellow.
Probably this was not broadcasted? I never saw it during FP3

==
Edit:

Not sure if real but another one for Lewis pops in.

1638633508289.png

Last edited:
Back