Formula 1 STC Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 303 comments
What was Max whining about in the last lap of the race?? God he is so insufferable.

I rooted for him as the underdog last year but man, I honestly can't stand him this year.

Keeps crying home to Horner "daddy he cwossed da white line!!"

"Daddy he catch me, unfair! 😭😭"

Frustrated Get Outta Here GIF by Sebastian Maniscalco
What Max was complaining about was neither of them slowing down in double yellow flag zone before a blind corner enough that they could safely stop within that distance...

What was Max whining about in the last lap of the race?? God he is so insufferable.

I rooted for him as the underdog last year but man, I honestly can't stand him this year.

It was valid things he was complaining about. The white line is not allowed to be crossed. The catching up was about the yellow flags, suggesting that he may have not slowed down enough

I'm looking forward to the next GP. Overall, I like how close the races are without the manufactured drama from last year. Some good, mostly clean, close races.

This should be a good year.
I was thinking the same. I'm less of a fan this year.

I'm looking forward to the next GP. Overall, I like how close the races are without the manufactured drama from last year. Some good, mostly clean, close races.

This should be a good year.
If you want to support an underdog who allegedly doesn't whine you can support the guy down in P10 or whatever.

What Max was complaining about was neither of them slowing down in double yellow flag zone before a blind corner enough that they could safely stop within that distance...

It was valid things he was complaining about. The white line is not allowed to be crossed. The catching up was about the yellow flags, suggesting that he may have not slowed down enough

Right, but it was decided the double yellows would not have any affect on the rest of the race. Albon was way clear off the track and not a hazard.

Overtaking would have been allowed. Sure it's a valid complaint but focus on your damn lap!

He reminds of a whiny toddler! When he started complaining about Leclerc's brake indicators not flashing it pissed me off.

He doesn't point out issues, he complains to get an advantage. So his lights don't work... you want them to retire his car?? Get your head down and race!

You know damn well where the brake zones are. You're a world class driver not a dimwhit.

Last edited:
Enjoying the closer racing.

Good scraps between Max and Charles.

Shame about Perez getting boned by the SC.

Still surprised by how well Ferrari are doing so far.

Points for Norris!

Gutted for the retirements.

Forgot Albon was back, and he bonks Stroll. C'mon, bro.

Oh! We get to go back to Australia next! Nice.

Right, but it was decided the double yellows would not have any affect on the rest of the race. Albon was way clear off the track and not a hazard.

Overtaking would have been allowed. Sure it's a valid complaint but focus on your damn lap!

He reminds of a whiny toddler! When he started complaining about Leclerc's brake indicators not flashing it pissed me off.

He doesn't point out issues, he complains to get an advantage. So his lights don't work... you want them to retire his car?? Get your head down and race!

You know damn well where the brake zones are. You're a world class driver not a dimwhit.
They are not brake lights, they are battery recharging lights, which affect braking distance, so may cause a car to brake earlier. They are necessary for safety. A car with non-functional lights is an illegal car, so again, fair to point out.

Also the yellows were working as usual and required drivers to slow down and not overtake

Sad to see my 2 favourite teams in the bottom two (Williams and AM).

Hopefully Seb comes back for Melbourne.

Still a great race. The cars certainly can follow eachother in the high speed corners.

Now let's kick this track off the schedule for next year!

Only just realised how tame that was considering only 12 drivers saw the chequered flag.

Very interesting race today. Happy that Max secured his first win of the season. This promises something for the rest of the calender. The differences between Red Bull and Ferrari at the moment are so little that it will be a really, REALLY exciting season!

Last edited:
Just chiming in to say that once again the TV direction was utter 💩. Cutting to "fans" right after an overtake (when the move isn't even complete!) and 30 second replays of a pass that literally just happened when you're down to the wire with a few laps to go... c'mon.

Not to mention the old gripe of still not having a split view when they inevitably blank out the second lap in favour of replays of the start...

Am I the only one bugged about hiw much time they spent in Lerclerc's helmet cam where you couldn't see anything because of all the glare?
What bugged me a bit was the amount of replays they show whilst there’s a battle unfolding on track. One replay of an overtake, followed by a different camera angle of the same replay but in slow motion. Show that after and keep eyes on the race for now!

It’s certainly shaping up to be a very exciting season nonetheless!

Great battle between Ferrari and RedBull.
Great to see how Charles and Max battling and push eachother.

Let’s hope they can do the same on tracks that are less dangerous for the drivers.

I mean, it's been 10 years since he last finished 10th but...

Not exactly the first time he has no clue what the rules are

Edit: figured I should clarify, I was referring to this incident where he just asks where in the rulebook it says you can't do practice starts outside the designated area. Not anything about racecraft or something like that.

Last edited:

Overtaking allowed in a double yellow flag zone?
What are you smoking???

@Jimlaad43
I went to rewatch it instead of just retelling the same comments as the Sky presenters in the heat of the moment.

In about 3 corners, it went yellow, green, yellow, and finally green, before becoming a hard double yellow with only a few corners left.

During those moments Leclerc did not gain, he remained at ~~0.500s til the end. Neither driver eased up, so I don't get what the issue is.

This becomes a he said she said argument until Verstappen crosses the line and all is forgotten...

Such as Verstappen gaining ~.700 from ~1.7s delta during the virtual safety car before restarting at ~1.0s behind.

Regarding crossing the pit entry, a lot of drivers did so during their scraps but it was a non issue because the drivers involved just wanted to race.

I just find it amusing when the most aggressive driver of the last season cries out like some great injustice has befallen him.

Absolute hypocrisy and a poor character trait.

Last edited:
Regarding crossing the pit entry, a lot of drivers did so during their scraps but it was a non issue because the drivers involved just wanted to race.

I just find it amusing when the most aggressive driver of the last season cries out like some great injustice has befallen him.

Absolute hypocrisy and a poor character trait.
Be aware that all drivers constantly complain about everyone around them. It's just that Verstappens radios get broadcast way more because he's fighting for the lead and is a championship contender. Last year there was also a constant stream of radios from Lewis complaining about whatever others around him (mostly Verstappen) were doing.
So this has nothing to do with Verstappen being more 'whiney', just F1 broadcasting him more.

I think DRS is a tiny bit too overpowered so far. It feels like the current cars don’t really need them as badly as before.

Either way what a hell of a race. Leclerc is a genius with the last corner scrapping, but it didn’t work out unfortunately.
I said that too last week, DRS seems way too advantageous. I.ve always hated it.
Just chiming in to say that once again the TV direction was utter 💩. Cutting to "fans" right after an overtake (when the move isn't even complete!) and 30 second replays of a pass that literally just happened when you're down to the wire with a few laps to go... c'mon.

Not to mention the old gripe of still not having a split view when they inevitably blank out the second lap in favour of replays of the start...
I dont understand why they think the first thing I want to see after a move is close up of fans.

Be aware that all drivers constantly complain about everyone around them. It's just that Verstappens radios get broadcast way more because he's fighting for the lead and is a championship contender. Last year there was also a constant stream of radios from Lewis complaining about whatever others around him (mostly Verstappen) were doing.
So this has nothing to do with Verstappen being more 'whiney', just F1 broadcasting him more.
I'm not denying this, I'm well aware. Just Verstappen's outburst last week coupled with his comments during this race really paint him in bad light. Whether it be the production team's fault or not for broadcasting his comms more, it shows a major difference between an athlete that works the problem and points out an issue, as opposed to one that is just straight up emotional.

Verstappen needed Horner to get his emotions in check and work out how to overtake Leclerc, otherwise he would've done the same mistakes again and cried even more. Hamilton whines a lot but he's not a hot-head.

That's just my observations. I don't care for Red Bull or Mercedes or Ferrari. I like to see genuine, close, respectful racecraft, with drivers that reflect it in their attitudes as well.

This will be a great season with the new cars. I'm excited to see how far they go with development. Particularly excited to see Mick Schumacher paired with a competent driver like Kevin Magnussen. The Haas car seems to be doing great so far. I'm also happy for Bottas, the new Alfa performs much better, shame about today's race though.

Hopefully Vettel returns for the Australian GP and we can see where the Aston will go in his hands, no offence to Stroll. Also I hope Alonso gets his head out his ass and works with Ocon instead of fighting for 6th place because his precious ego can't take being behind a teammate.

Also great to see Albon get a second chance in F1. Hopefully he has some better races. Maybe Latifi can pull a safety car in his favour for once.

Back