Formula 1 VTB are-we-allowed-to-say-Russian? Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 283 comments
Keep It 100 GIF by Honda

Yeah this time it wasn't perfectly-timed safety cars or retirements from his main rivals that gave Hamilton the win, that was a big error from Norris and McLaren.

What. A. Race. Was on the edge of my seat the entire time, suspense and excitement just kept coming. Absolutely gutted for Norris, in hindsight it was a bad call to not pit for inters, coulda woulda shoulda, but it is what it is. And that's also win #100 for Hamilton, a new milestone in F1. Not a big fan of Sir Lewis, but hats off to him, that win #100 was well-earned and hard-fought.

Gutted for Lando, he should have pitted way sooner, great race as I was enjoying even before the rain came.

Playing what if, I think that if both cars had the exact same strategy, Hamilton would have been screwed. If both stayed out, Verstappen would have won. If both cars pitted, Norris would have been in better shape as DRS was disabled. Learning experience for Norris.

Playing what if, I think that if both cars had the exact same strategy, Hamilton would have been screwed. If both stayed out, Verstappen would have won. If both cars pitted, Norris would have been in better shape as DRS was disabled. Learning experience for Norris.
And if the rain stayed light, Lando would have been able to hold on.
It was just a gamble with what the weather would do

That was a very different Russian grand prix!! Was not expecting that at all! That ending was absolutely intense.

Perez finished way down and Bottas did indeed finish in the top 5.... considering how he was going, that was pure luck....which Max benefitted from too to finish P2 cause he was stuck there for a bit!

I'm also gutted for Lando....cause he raced really well today.

As for Lewis....making history in F1 for 100 race wins....congrats to him!!! I'm just glad I decided to watch this race and got to see that happening live.

Norris not going to the inters.
If Norris went wide on one of the previous laps and lost the lead then would that have been due to luck, out of curiosity? Lando messed up so bad that a lot of drivers gained from his inexperienced decision.

That, along with other teams'/drivers' incompetence benefited Max way more than Lewis so I'm not really sure how you can call Lewis the lucky one.

Every time the last 2 seasons, we think we're seeing a race which we'll remember for decades, and then a few weekends later, another race comes and one-ups it.
No complaints from me :D

Last edited:
Exciting race.

Absolutely gutted for Norris. Last few laps went from bad to worse after it started dumping, and... a penalty to boot? Man. Still, such a great drive. 😔

Amazing recovery by Max. Good to see Sainz on the podium. Solid race for Ricciardo.

Congrats on Hamilton's 100th.

If all it takes for an entertaining Russian GP is for a certain Mr Putin to be isolated far from the track so the local authorities don't bust out their adverse weather dispersion systems*, that's a sacrifice I'm ready to accept.

*s

If Norris went wide on one of the previous laps and lost the lead then would that have been due to luck, out of curiosity? Lando messed up so bad that a lot of drivers gained from his inexperienced decision.

That, along with other teams'/drivers' incompetence benefited Max way more than Lewis so I'm not really sure how you can call Lewis the lucky one.
What if doesn't count.

His main competitor in this race made a colossal blunder. If Lewis has anymore luck in his racing life he starts pissing champagne. But there is no denying that Lewis and Merc did have the right calls. And luckily for the championship, so did Max and RBR.

If all it takes for an entertaining Russian GP is for a certain Mr Putin to be isolated far from the track so the local authorities don't bust out their adverse weather dispersion systems*, that's a sacrifice I'm ready to accept.

*s
I'm fully ok with isolating Putin from anything and anyone all the time anyway :lol:

Back