Formula 1 VTB Russian Grand Prix 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 232 comments
And there I was thinking the race might be interesting tomorrow.
Lewis is starting on Reds which have had an awful start to life by sitting in the pit lane, sliding at T2 and being pushed on an outlap. It's not ideal.

Lewis on soft tire so split strategy with Bottas....this should benefit Bottas since those tires are not great at all...I hope he's going to be able to capitalize on that this time around

Lewis is starting on Reds which have had an awful start to life by sitting in the pit lane, sliding at T2 and being pushed on an outlap. It's not ideal.

Bottas might be able to force Lewis into a two stop strategy if he pushes Lewis at the start or pulls away (in an ideal situation where Bottas actually mounts a challenge to Lewis)

“Hamilton makes it through by the skin of his teeth!”
789643C2-84F6-4A16-A074-16AFDD6C6622.gif

Bottas will be P6 by turn 3 tomorrow. If Verstappen gets the lead at the start his engine will probably blow again.

Bottas and Albon weaksauce yet again.

Our only saving grace is Verstappen again, hopefully with HAM starting on soft we can get something close to a race tomorrow.

Predictions for tomorrow:

-Hamilton up by 2 seconds at the end of the first lap after Max and Bottas botch the start
-Ferrari will have another garbage race
-Nothing happens because its Sochi and Hamilton wins with Bottas second cause Max will have issues like he always does
-We spend the next 24-48 hours hearing all about Lewis' 90 wins from the F1 and sports media nonstop

I REALLY wanna be proven wrong and we see a Monza 2.0 by some miracle... but its Sochi we're talking about so... :indiff:

Predictions for tomorrow:
-Hamilton up by 2 seconds at the end of the first lap after Max and Bottas botch the start

I think Max has a good chance of taking the lead within the first 5 laps, if not the first corner given the draft. Those reds Lewis is running will be marshmallows in short order.

Sounds like Lewis is under investigation for not following off track directive at T2
If it's the replay they showed on Sky, any penalty would be a joke, he hit the kerb so late I doubt the car has the turning circle to make the bollards from there, let alone how fast he was going at that point. He would have had to slam the brakes on while sitting on the sausage kerbs on a fast corner, which would be unbelievably dangerous.

Apart from the bit where he lost his certain purple lap in Q2 on one lap mediums when Vettel ran out of talent again ;)

Sure there is a truck load of salt around here somewhere. The F1 threads get more pathetic by the week.

Why is it that we get "pathetic" for wanting actual racing at the front not dominated by Lewis? :confused:

I think it would be harsh and honestly quite bizarre to punish Hamilton for that.

He had the lap time deleted, how would it have made any difference going around the cones? In a race it's totally understandable because you gain overall time, but with the laptime gone, it makes zero difference. You also can't claim it's a safety thing because from that position suddenly slowing and veering across to the cones would've been more dangerous.

No further action on four drivers that all did the same, but a reminder that in the race it likely will be penalised. Makes perfect sense, I still can't understand why that bollard rule was even in place for practice sessions.

1jrpys8j9ip51.jpg

Why is it that we get "pathetic" for wanting actual racing at the front not dominated by Lewis? :confused:
Because
It has been a while since we had an update to the Motorsports forum rules, and a few people could do with the bold, new thread at the top of the forum to remind them of the etiquette of this particular part of the site.

First, the basics:

• Do not wish any harm, injury or incident upon any driver
    The moderating staff understand that people have their favourites in motorsport, and that they might therefore wish the rivals of their favourites to undergo misfortune. Fair enough, but if we see any crash or physical harm being wished upon any participant in any form of motorsport, then we shall immediately issue an AUP violation infraction.
Wishing penalties on a driver who hasn't actually (yet) done anything worth punishing this weekend counts as wishing incident upon a certain driver. So what if Lewis is winning anything, actively calling for him to have a misfortune, of his fault or not, isn't exactly the brightest thing to do.

And Lewis gets lucky again! :lol:

Luck!? Luck that he managed to get round behind all the traffic before the time ran out AND put in a lap good enough to get through with sub optimal warm up? And then set a track record for pole?

Yeah, luck :rolleyes:

Bottas being the simply useless 🤬 that he always is

Yeah, P3 after doing a wheelie at turn 2, so useless. P3 may as well be pole on this track with the run to T2.

Back