Formula E racing series launchedOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter ECGadget
  • 1,180 comments
Draft Season 3 calendar
Most of these races actually seem plausible. The only one I'm iffy about is New York.
Hong Kong, Long Beach, Buenos Aires, Monaco, Montreal, Mexico, Berlin, and Paris are pretty much good to go I would assume. Marrakesh, Singapore, and Brussels are venues I have no insight on.

Marrakesh is easy, the new WTCC layout would probably be fine. Though they can't join the two races together if it's in November. Singapore would be ideal as the pre-F1 event ala Monaco...except it's in April, don't know what's up there. And if New York proper doesn't work out, guess they finally have an excuse for that New Jersey circuit eh?

Also London noooo.

Oh my God you guys...
http://www.racer.com/f1/formula-e/item/130785-new-bidder-for-formula-e-chassis-revealed

This can't be a coincidence... It's the Red Bull X2014 Fan Car, minus the fan and with a hole in the canopy...

The TEOS Formula E bid features a Red Bull aeroscreen-esque canopy to improve driver protection, aggressive bodywork and a very low rear wing.

Its bodywork has narrow sidepods enclosed by C-shaped winglets and large covered wheel arches that are connected to both wings in place of conventional endplates.

dd9b31643db5da90135637c787ccabaf.jpg

New chassis

red-bull-x2014-fan-car-for-gran-turismo-6_100553456_l.jpg

X2014 Fan Car

e5d8a7aab20a871819b3f5a6cdd02678.jpg

New Chassis

adrian-newey-red-bull-x2014-gran-turismo-6.jpg

X2014 Fan Car

Well, I mean the article was posted yesterday so... Since yesterday?
From what I've gathered, the current chassis manufacturers contract ends at the end of next season, so various companies are bidding to be the next supplier. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh my God you guys...
http://www.racer.com/f1/formula-e/item/130785-new-bidder-for-formula-e-chassis-revealed

This can't be a coincidence... It's the Red Bull X2014 Fan Car, minus the fan and with a hole in the canopy...

View attachment 559025
New chassis

View attachment 559028
X2014 Fan Car

View attachment 559026
New Chassis

View attachment 559027
X2014 Fan Car
Everyone uses wind tunnels and the physics of wind is standard across the globe. So after spending time and money into research, it's possible they'll reach similar solutions for aerodynamic bodies.

Aguri have confirmed that they will withdraw from the series after the London races. Formula E has now lost two of its founding teams in a year, just two years after it started. It's not a good look.

Double header in Battersea this weekend to decide the championship. Buemi, Di Grassi and Bird can all mathematically take it.

Aguri have confirmed that they will withdraw from the series after the London races. Formula E has now lost two of its founding teams in a year, just two years after it started. It's not a good look.
But on the other hand, big manufacturers such as Jaguar are committing to it. If teams don't have a huge amount of funds from the get-go they're probably not going to have a huge lifespan.

Bo
But on the other hand, big manufacturers such as Jaguar are committing to it. If teams don't have a huge amount of funds from the get-go they're probably not going to have a huge lifespan.
And on the third hand, is it really healthy for a motorsport series to rely on manufacturer support? Chances are, the UK (and probably the developed world as a whole) is staring down the barrel of another recession, and remember how BMW and Toyota were willing to stick around after the Credit Crunch? Yeah, me neither.

Race 2 in Battersea is about to get underway. Di Grassi has a slight buffer after beating Buemi in Race 1, but it's still wide open.

Honestly, I'm hoping di Grassi can do it. I wasn't backing one or the other until now, but Buemi has accused di Grassi of being willing to deliberately crash in order to win the title, and I thought that was both baseless and unprofessional.

Honestly, I'm hoping di Grassi can do it. I wasn't backing one or the other until now, but Buemi has accused di Grassi of being willing to deliberately crash in order to win the title, and I thought that was both baseless and unprofessional.

I was backing Buemi after the heartbreak he went through at Le Mans, but his pointless complaining about di Grassi yesterday (and his moaning in general throughout the season) reminded me why I wan't really cheering for him before..

Yesterday di Grassi and Turvey complained about Vergne's driving, which I do agree with though. Swerving all over the place into the braking zones - not just ahead of those two, but his own team mate too.

All respect lost for Di Grassi. They suggested he was going to do it, I never thought he actually would.

Back