Formula E to Run a Reverse Direction Circuit Race

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 23, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. evldave333

evldave333

They should have done this at Austria and Silverstone with the back to back F1 races too. Quite like Maggots / Becketts in reverse...

3. Famine

Famine Administrator

Then you arrive at Copse at 204mph and the runoff is basically a tarmac strip the width of a car park at a Sainsbury's Local.

KinLM, TheHun99 and evldave333 like this.
  4. evldave333

evldave333

Yeah add in some "British Summer" weather to the mix and it would be wreckfest, thinking about it turn 2 reversed at Spielberg would be the same like an Austrian wall of champions... scratch that idea lol

5. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

...so my F1 rallycross idea @ Silverstone is on? :eek:

evldave333 likes this.
  6. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

Try it in games and you'll see all the challenge disappears. Chapel is flat out into the first big corner which is a tricky braking points - but not an overtaking spot at all. The rest of the three apexes are easy flat acceleration zones. Woodcote into Luffield is the only part of the circuit that is improved by going in a reverse direction, all the rest of the circuit doesn't work for racing or driving at all in reverse.

7. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

At this point the low bar was set at at the ExCeL track, pretty much anything is better.

8. evldave333

evldave333

I enjoy the circuits backwards (mainly because its fresh), I do agree they're sub optimal too.