Formula One Championship Edition (PS3)

• Thread starter joe8
  • 363 comments
Hi!

In the new PS3-Formula one-game will there be the 2005 season or the 2006 season?

When the game maybe comes out at the end of the year, the 2006-season is at the end and the 2005-season is old and unspectacular.

What do you think???

Well lets take "F1 05" for PS2 into consideration. This game was released around halfway through the '05 season and included everything to do with the 05 season (Except they didn't change the quali structor back to a single lap), so if the PS3 game is released at the end of the year in theory, it should include the 06 season.

Hope thats cleared it up a little.
:)

i think that as well, also, since it will be connected to the internet, you will be able to update the game with new cars and tracks probably like with the PSP F1 05 (you could unlock new cars and the F1 grid for each race!!)

go to gamespot and search for the game. There are three screenshots, and damn do they look nice. My only hangup is that on the screenshots the front wings seem to be too high, or is that just me.

Sony and their exclusive f1 licence suck,The PC is missing out on a great F1 sim for some crappy console version. Sure hope it dont get renewed in 2007, but I somehow doubt it with the money sony will throw at the FIA and co.

You can use the PSP as your wireless rear view mirror... Thats awesome.

for this version, i really hope they go balls out.

in F1 05, i find the career mode or championship mode a bit bare.

instead of driver career, include a constructor career as well, similar to a franchise mode in madden. start out with your budget, select/sign up a title sponsor, hire your key personel, select a basic car design, hire your drivers and as the season goes on and you accumulate money, you can have simple aero updates (select an update out of 5 or 6). have select testing days (optional), have a grape-vine to see who's in their contract year so you can try and swipe up a top driver, top designer, etc.

hopefully the ps3 will integrate online capabilities so that you could have the new rookies, newly signed drivers, etc. with the new drivers and whatnot coming in, you'll be able to keep the roster fresh throughout your constructor career.

could we possibly see GP2 incorporated into the game this year?

i'm really looking forward to playing out the new qualifying format. interesting to see how the AI goes about their business and whatnot.

very curious about this game. i cant wait. :)

Looks like a current high-spec PC game. Much worse than the trailer last year. 👎

Hopefully it's still fun, but it doesn't look as nice as I'd hoped.

Looks find to me, pal...

scea1_40.jpg

scea1_41.jpg

scea1_42.jpg

scea1_43.jpg

Yeh this game look ok, nothing special, but not bad, and they still have 5 to 6 months to finish it off. Its still not that close to the FMV vidoe of E3 2005, but its getting there. cant wait to see this running with final graphics and code, bet its great.

VIPERGTSR01
You can use the PSP as your wireless rear view mirror... Thats awesome.

I knew there was a reason I got a PSP.

Now to only get a PS3 and F1 06......

It is being released in June for ps2 and psp and late this year for ps3...rword has it that the online capabilities will span all 3 platforms, so you can play against ps2 users on your psp..

I think it looks great!

SCEE (i think)
FORMULA ONE 06 Comes to PlayStation
More pickup and play than ever, fully loaded with brand new features: Put on your racing gloves and experience action-packed racing fun in FORMULA ONE 06

Set for launch in June 2006, FORMULA ONE 06TM is the only official game of the 2006 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPTM and is back exclusively to PlayStation®2 and PSPTM (PlayStation®Portable). Loaded with new features and all the official 2006 drivers, cars, teams, circuits and rules, FORMULA ONE 06 is the only way to truly interact with the world's raciest sport!

FORMULA ONE 06 on is all about speed, competition and fast-paced action. If you're a novice, switch on the improved driver and racing aids to race for fun; or turn them off for a full length GRAND PRIX experience if you're a FORMULA ONE professional. FORMULA ONE 06 features the ability to Network Play between PlayStation 2 and PSP. This means players can now compete online across platforms to see who the fastest FORMULA ONE 06 racer is. In other words, if you own the PlayStation 2 version of the game and your friend owns the PSP version, you can still compete on the same circuit!

For the first time, the experienced Studio Liverpool development team has been hard at work on both titles, to ensure the 2006 games remain innovative and fresh. Brand new features include:

Accessibility: Thanks to new racing aids, any gamer can pick-up and play FORMULA ONE 06 and enjoy the exhilaration of driving a FORMULA ONE car. Equally, if you're a confirmed F1 driver, you can scale the gameplay to make it more simulation oriented. Either way, you will have access to a Tips and Learning Centre to constantly improve your racing skills

Online Play: You can now race online in a complete 18-race season! Relive the excitement and the competition of a full championship season. Winning it will make it even more satisfying!

Cross Platform: Race online between all PlayStation platforms!

Realism: Race in this year's championship with all the 2006 drivers, cars, teams, circuits and rules!

Getting even closer to the world's most glamorous sport, both titles give players the real FORMULA ONE experience via new additional features including:

Classic Cars: Unlock and take the wheel of classic FORMULA ONE cars
Extensive Career Mode: Chief Engineer - A new way of playing career mode
Live Action Racing: Pressure system, AI mistakes and collisions, race incidents, new physics
Race Car Evolution: Tune and set up your car without going through complicated menu screens

The PSP version will also take advantage of Infrastructure Mode allowing you to race online, a first for FORMULA ONE on PSP.

So... take a seat, put on your racing gloves and get ready to experience the action-packed racing fun that is FORMULA ONE 06 on PSP and PlayStation 2.

Game © 2006 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. An official product of the FIA Formula One World Championship.
FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, F1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and translations thereof are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One Group Company. Licensed by Formula One Administration Limited, a Formula One Group Company. All rights reserved.

i hope the game isn't like the PSP version beacuse although it was good, the cars could handle way better, accelreate better, but the top speed wasn't. also, to gain speed, in real life, moving from side to side didn't help, so how come on the psp version it did? also, i would like to be able to glide tha car into the corning instead of suddenly turning 90 degrees!!! So thats what i would lik to do. The psp-ps3 connection was also very cool!!!!

Exenter
the end of the video is in slow motion..

If it was in slow motion the speed counter would also be in slow motion, but it isnt, the speed counter rises and falls like you would expect, do you have any proof that the video is in slow mo?

Wow, that is horrible.

It's like disneyland, not formula one. I'll stick with Gran Turismo, thanks.

It's no wonder all these f1 games suck.

sprite
If it was in slow motion the speed counter would also be in slow motion, but it isnt, the speed counter rises and falls like you would expect, do you have any proof that the video is in slow mo?
It may be a bug that slow down the game but not the timer?
well I think the graphics looks good and they still have 6 months to finish this game so they will probably fix all bugs...

sprite
Just downloaded that vid, and what a dissapointment, the car is doing 186mph but it looks like its doing 30. the graphics arnt too bad, but that sense of speed issue needs to be resolved.

Actually, I don't think it's farfetched that the game was toned down to allow pick up use, many of the games at E3 were like this.

in Resistence you had a lot more life (enemies did less damage) so users could enjoy it more.

In Heavenly Sword it was the same thing.

Gears of War was on god mode the first day.

MotorStorm was infinite respawns after you crashed.

Sonic was the same, infiinite lives after death.

A lot of the games were done like this, to allow people to really enjoy it and play it as much as possible, instead of just dying and moving on. They were all timed play experiences, so you got a few minutes and left, so I can understand why they dumbed the games down.

tha_con
Actually, I don't think it's farfetched that the game was toned down to allow pick up use, many of the games at E3 were like this.

in Resistence you had a lot more life (enemies did less damage) so users could enjoy it more.

In Heavenly Sword it was the same thing.

Gears of War was on god mode the first day.

MotorStorm was infinite respawns after you crashed.

Sonic was the same, infiinite lives after death.

A lot of the games were done like this, to allow people to really enjoy it and play it as much as possible, instead of just dying and moving on. They were all timed play experiences, so you got a few minutes and left, so I can understand why they dumbed the games down.

You might have a point, to be fare, I hate all F1 games, My dad plays F1 2005 on the PS2 and it sucks, but I think that the graphics looked reasonable and it seemed to run without a hint of stutter.

Back