Formula One Championship Edition (PS3)

• Thread starter joe8
  • 363 comments
Not if you buy one in decent condition.... no, wait... you mean in the game? Yes, it does... and you can always switch it off, too. You can also choose to have failures, penalties etc., so you can always tweak the settings to give you as much (or as little) of a challenge as you like...

The graphics are not quite GT5:P standard, but the sensation of speed you get outstrips GT anyday...

I haven't heard much about the next title coming out in the near future either...

lol, yeah. I read up a little after posting and it seemed pretty involved. I'm not expecting any kind of comparison to GT5 although I'm expecting it to be like playing F1 like how I watch F1.

Just don't expect it to be GT or you'll be let down it's got it's own thing going on I LOVE it.

Yeah like I said, no comparo to GT5 and in the youtube vids along with pics it looks decent enough.

Thanks guys

Get it!!! A GREAT game for any fan of F1. A true challenge is to set the difficulty to the maximum, i always do and always ended the race with a magnificent sense of satisfaction. Highly recommended

When you get it, you can drop over to the weekly F1CE series. We share tips and setups over there, and there is a good bit of friendly competition.

@DaddyVDUB, how did you manage to find 10 others to race with, Me and Ardius did a full season but the most we ever had in a race was 6.

When you get it, you can drop over to the weekly F1CE series. We share tips and setups over there, and there is a good bit of friendly competition.

@DaddyVDUB, how did you manage to find 10 others to race with, Me and Ardius did a full season but the most we ever had in a race was 6.

It was easy a bunch of guys that usually race together on GT5P on each others friends list put it together so we could race quality guys without the general public. About half are members of GTP.So far we've had 2 exibition races of 20 laps,& just finished the first race of season.We call it the McClaren Memorial ,one of the guys put together a great website for us. http://pages.sssnet.com/jcowan/f1/main.shtml

Last edited:
I consider F1:CE to be THE BEST offline racing game on PS3. Unlike PD, Studio Liverpool focused attention & its (limited) resources on the the things that really matter in a racing game: great track selection, exciting cars, responsive AI with very challenging difficulty levels, a straightforward & meaningful game structure, and simple, but effective damage. The graphics may not have the obsessive detail of GT5P, but they are attractive & good enough to make the game totally "real" when you're racing.

However, I have not enjoyed playing F1:CE online: I have just found it too distracting with the weird tire smoke & periodic lag issues which make the racing (which being F1 is VERY intense) too difficult.

It's bad that they're shutting down the online servers just because there is not a lot of people playing it. They obviously don't realise the fun that this game brings to the few that do play it.

It's bad that they're shutting down the online servers just because there is not a lot of people playing it. They obviously don't realise the fun that this game brings to the few that do play it.

But they obviously do realise the cost of running and maintaining online servers for what is a declining-minority of PS3 users. ;)

True. I'm just glad that the PAL (European?) Server isn't being shut down, because that may have caused me to go insane in the brain....lol.

Yeah, knowing our luck, we will never get it. Its probably been deleted.

I'm assuming it has been.:nervous: I went on the ebgames website yesterday and it said that they were only selling pre-owned F1:CE games. So i'm assuming the game has been discontinued. I looked on eBay yesterday too and F1:CE was about $70 on average. No way i'm paying that.

I really want this game back.
Go get it at the link I supplied. Never ever sell a game that is reasonably fun is my rule of thumb nowadays :)

This is what happens when great games get largely ignored until it's too late. :indiff:
True. Once upon a time I played Silent Hill (greatest game of all time in my book) and sold it. And then a year ago I woke up all alarmed :nervous: by the fact that it was disappearing fast so I bought it back second hand on ebay for the same price one can buy a secondhand great PS3 game. Close one :dopey:

Doesn't matter. It ships to Australia. I buy most of my ebay stuff from UK and I live in Sweden.

Bit different, Australia is on the other side of the world, and with the UK's postal service it probably wouldn't even make it to the airport.

I'm sure he's looking for it a bit closer ot home.

Bit different, Australia is on the other side of the world, and with the UK's postal service it probably wouldn't even make it to the airport

LOL :lol:

I was having a look on fleabay and this game is fetching around the ÂŁ20-ÂŁ25 mark, incredible for a launch title đź‘Ť but it can be purchased from CEX for less !!!

Taking a guess it will be the guys who used to play on the North American Servers looking to buy the PAL version.

Taking a guess it will be the guys who used to play on the North American Servers looking to buy the PAL version.

well, well, well fishfash, you figured us out :lol: I know of two who were looking to buy the game and infiltrate some of y'all races :D but we are having a hard time finding the game at a reasonable price :banghead:

well, well, well fishfash, you figured us out :lol: I know of two who were looking to buy the game and infiltrate some of y'all races :D but we are having a hard time finding the game at a reasonable price :banghead:

Excellent, hope you find one soon, we can then have a GT Planet World Championship đź‘Ť

I don't think the PAL servers will go down for a long time as they still have the F1 2005 servers still running for the PS2 :sly:

Back