Formula1 inspired liveries

• Thread starter DcamaxoG
  • 460 comments
Made a retro version of the 2018 Mercedes.

5846258362687160833_23.jpg

I’m working on a West Zakspeed 1986 livery for the F1500T-A, but I’m discovering it’s not that easy to find decent reference pictures from different angles of the same car as there appear to be quite a lot of variations :boggled:

My take on the 1986 Data General Tyrrell 015.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1247310/1/6124926292652458521

I’m working on a West Zakspeed 1986 livery for the F1500T-A, but I’m discovering it’s not that easy to find decent reference pictures from different angles of the same car as there appear to be quite a lot of variations :boggled:

I had the same problem with this car. every photo i found had different sponsors and designs, so i just mixed my favorite bits from all of them together into one. Accuracy be damned.

I had the same problem with this car. every photo i found had different sponsors and designs, so i just mixed my favorite bits from all of them together into one. Accuracy be damned.
Yeah that’s kinda the way have to go... mixing various versions to make one that kinda averages out what the car looked like over the year.

Yeah that’s kinda the way have to go... mixing various versions to make one that kinda averages out what the car looked like over the year.
I had to do the same with the Minardi I made, there were like 15 photos of 15 different cars online, so I just took the one I could then find some more images as it was a papercraft model as my reference and mixed it with others.

Except for the rims and the rear wing, and a couple other minor details, it's basically the same car!

I've got a sneaky suspicion the model is based on a Lotus 99T albeit altered to avoid copyright infringement.
And of course the F1500T is an altered Lotus 97T!

Dude... we gotta talk royalties!
Lol

For using my own decals? :P I know you made one right after the update and it looks great as well but the decals you used aren't accurate enough for me. That's why I made the Aston Martin Gr3 with my own decals as well. The decals are even shared so feel free to use them, no royalties. ;)

For using my own decals? :P I know you made one right after the update and it looks great as well but the decals you used aren't accurate enough for me. That's why I made the Aston Martin Gr3 with my own decals as well. The decals are even shared so feel free to use them, no royalties. ;)

I'm just kidding. Sure it’s gonna look the same. The car actually exists. Lol
Can you give me you’re profile? I want to check the decals.

Back