Formula1 inspired liveries

• Thread starter DcamaxoG
  • 460 comments
After much delay, Part 1 of Modern Retro Schemes Volume #4 has launched!

Though it's certainly been a while, you voted, I listened, and as a result here are the first three versions of my interpretation of the 1999 BAR 01 were it a competitor during the 1980s. Took a little more artistic license with this one, but I'm inclined to think it paid off in the end.
  • Was only able to find the pre-1995 State Express 555 logo in decent quality as a single 5 rather than all three, but at least I didn't have to make a logo from scratch. Turns out they'd been using that one from around the 60s. Did have to make the wreath/crown on the nose though, absolute nightmare getting that monstrosity remotely within the region of 15kb.
  • Had to skip out on several of the logos, either due to them not existing at all around 1985 or not having an official corporate logo until much later. One I am happy to report on the inclusion of was Teleglobe Canada.
  • Though the real thing had an engine from Supertec, the off-brand Renault supplier that certain teams used until Renault's full-works return in 2001, BAR arguably became synonymous with Honda, their relationship with the Japanese automotive giant starting a mere 12 months after the team's Formula 1 debut. As a result references to Honda are all over the body of this car, including an advertisement for a Japan-only dealership which is the sole reason as to why Renault's hatchback has been called the Lutécia in that part of the world for the past 20 or so years.
  • Being as this was my second F1500-TA with sponsorship from Lucky Strike (the first was this replica of an Audi retrospective study from before I learned how to apply decals to the sides of the wings), I wanted to try something a little different.
  • For the longest time I couldn't figure out whether or not I wanted to include the "plumage" pattern on the top of the sidebox, and struggled until I accidentally discovered that the Exxon Pegasus' wings fit almost perfectly.
As it presently stands there are three variants, all in the 1999 colour scheme; the infamous split design, an all-555 car and an all-Lucky Strike car.
20180607215533.jpg

Get these cars from here:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/4505604/1/5774200777648112665 (555)
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/4505604/1/5773633429649227793 (Split)
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/4505604/1/5908745807458239505 (Lucky Strike)

More photos/variants are sure to follow, but these are the first. The McLaren MP4-13 is next on my list.

Absolutely astonishing job! 👍 I didn't think of this success when I opened the thread. Big mentions to @sinner @RealJaySee @VXR @Spongeinside who mostly keep this alive with their impressive job (with the help of many others who I just forgot to mention when I saw this flying jetpack man at the F1 french 2018 GP) :bowdown:

@AlexGRFan97 Loved your retro modern schemes concept! They trully deserve their own thread as it inspired me many many ideas not only F1 related

Have a nice weekend :cheers:

Yeah that flying dude at the start was awesome right? I think it was some kind of quadcopter sort of thing he stood on top of... reminded me of the Green Goblin from Spiderman :P

Absolutely astonishing job! 👍 I didn't think of this success when I opened the thread. Big mentions to @sinner @RealJaySee @VXR @Spongeinside who mostly keep this alive with their impressive job (with the help of many others who I just forgot to mention when I saw this flying jetpack man at the F1 french 2018 GP) :bowdown:

@AlexGRFan97 Loved your retro modern schemes concept! They trully deserve their own thread as it inspired me many many ideas not only F1 related

Have a nice weekend :cheers:

Thank you! I am very busy irl lately, so I didnt had the chance to make a lot of new stuff. But I still got a few liveries I didnt posted yet. Will try to fix it one of these days!

Footwork FA15

Sort of... I started wanting to make a replica, but of those tiny squares man.. pfff... so it became more of a inspired/tribute/replica/wannabe version. I couldn’t find pretty much any of the logos that it should have, but I came across a reference picture of a, i guess demo or decommissioned, version that had most stickers taken off, so that’s my excuse and i’m sticking with it :crazy:

Anyway I hope you’ll all like it! :cool:

2AEBA551-77E9-4EDB-877D-47468D429E23.jpeg

D450ECA1-4D5D-4304-818A-774428F92D2A.jpeg

Last edited:
Did they seriously let us buy a blank livery Merc W08 and then NOT let us do custom liveries on it? Dick move PD, dick move.

Did they seriously let us buy a blank livery Merc W08 and then NOT let us do custom liveries on it? Dick move PD, dick move.

We actually can't make custom liveries on the W08, either the fully-liveried version or the blank one?

We actually can't make custom liveries on the W08, either the fully-liveried version or the blank one?
Well I bought the blank one, figuring that it'd be allowed on that. It isn't. So I'm guessing you can't on the official liveried one either. Probably because the blank one still has the Merc logo on the nose.

Guess I should share this one here as well. :)

The RB14 livery on the Aston Martin V12 Vantage Gr3. Spent many hours on this one since it's so awesome, I wanted all of the little details to be there. Made all of the Red Bull logos and camo textures myself in Photoshop/Illustrator to get the most accurate result. :)

JlLSRyK.jpg

mbXG3ya.jpg

7Yxmpht.jpg

I've also shared all of the logos and textures that I made so that you can use them on whatever car you like. :) Tags for the decals are redbull, astonmartin, rb14.

The RB14 livery on the Aston Martin V12 Vantage Gr3. Spent many hours on this one since it's so awesome, I wanted all of the little details to be there. Made all of the Red Bull logos and camo textures myself in Photoshop/Illustrator to get the most accurate result. :)

JlLSRyK.jpg

mbXG3ya.jpg

7Yxmpht.jpg

I've also shared all of the logos and textures that I made so that you can use them on whatever car you like. :) Tags for the decals are redbull, astonmartin, rb14.

JlLSRyK.jpg

mbXG3ya.jpg

7Yxmpht.jpg

Unable to find the decal
can you please help?

Latest Posts

Back