Forza 2 Patch: Be Aware

I've just downloaded the Auto Update and within 2 minutes, the 360 made a funny noise and threw up the three red lights.

I got it in June 2006, so it's out of warranty as well.
:grumpy: :ouch:

I've just downloaded the Auto Update and within 2 minutes, the 360 made a funny noise and threw up the three red lights.

I got it in June 2006, so it's out of warranty as well.
:grumpy: :ouch:

I think microsoft said they were changed all redlight consoles since day one. Check with them.

I've just been pointed to the article, so thankfully I can get it sorted, but what about DLC? Do I lose that, because I've downloaded cars for PGR3 and TD:U already.

Also, my Forza 2 save will be OK won't it?

I've just been pointed to the article, so thankfully I can get it sorted, but what about DLC? Do I lose that, because I've downloaded cars for PGR3 and TD:U already.

Also, my Forza 2 save will be OK won't it?

Bring the issue up with Turn10. Hopefully, your joint just happened to die at the time or another issue came up. But your downloads should not be affected. I recieved my red lights after the last TDU DLC, and I still have them.

I guess it's just a very unfortunate coincidence then. Well, I was slightly bored of Forza any way, so waiting to get the console sorted will give me a break.

Lol, I only have 1 game on PS2 now to tide me over.

Patched.

Everything is as fine as always.

I think my 360 is unbreakable.

Yup, just like the lottery is un-winable :)

But a June 06 system? You should be coverd withe the 4 year(Um Free) warranty right?

What does the new patch do anyway? I got mine around June 06.

Yeah the new warranty will cover it, the patch is taking Elan domination out of D class and fixing the scoreboards, AH glitches and some other bugs.

Found out I have one problem with the patch, my game freezes in the lobby after a couple of minutes.

My console has just come back to life! I loaded it up, got the blue tint over the screen, but the dashboard was working, so I wiggled the VGA lead and voila, it loaded Forza.

Ohhhhh 360, don't do that to me again, please!

Hmm my game hasn't frozen today and it's been running for over 3 hours... AND a brand new replacement box is on the way (vendor confirmed I'd get a replacement when they get more in stock).

Anyone had issues with new xboxes (the ones with heatsink installed) freezing up?

A couple folks are now finding their set-ups are stock, but do not appear stock on tuning screens. This has taken affect most of the time after 4-5 laps on Mugello and Suzuka. Wouldn't be a big deal except many folks are reporting this after the update.

The glitchers are also unaffected. There's been more reports of Auction House glitches being seen, among others.

I couldn't care less about art, auctions and scoreboards... I just want a game that doesn't crash and/or bug.

Ske
I couldn't care less about art, auctions and scoreboards... I just want a game that doesn't crash and/or bug.

Um, people's set-ups going bad and becoming stock after 4 laps is a bug.

As for the Auction House, it has bugs too.

I'm sooooooo glad they didn't fix the browsing my cars freezing "glitch" I enjoy restarting my 360 THAT MUCH so I can see the pretty fm2, turn10, and dolby logic start screens. Thank you from the bottom of my heart M$ and Turn10...

Um, people's set-ups going bad and becoming stock after 4 laps is a bug.

Yeah, I was kinda generalizing about the patch and not replying to your post ;)

The auction house bug is something I don't worry about personally... I think they should sort the "local" issues first anyway. And the biggest of them all right now is crashing, I think it's just about proven that Forza overheats consoles... and I bet/hope there's a solution somewhere in FM2's code, as from what I've heard it's not just limited to old consoles, and because most (all?) other games don't seem to cause this problem.

Maybe add an option to reduce graphical effects? I for one could do without the ghastly fake "soft focus" shine effect, and I bet the game would run a whole lot better without it.

DWA
I'm sooooooo glad they didn't fix the browsing my cars freezing "glitch" I enjoy restarting my 360 THAT MUCH so I can see the pretty fm2, turn10, and dolby logic start screens. Thank you from the bottom of my heart M$ and Turn10...

Thanks god it's not just me.

Happens SOOOO often:(

It only happened once for me, though it was the Xbox's fault, guess not. I had a bad first impression with the game when my first races replay was F'd up. I'm glad the Elan was fixed. the first week or two it was only a few but recently I've seen 5-6 car races with 4-5 being Elans when doing D class races.

Yeah man, my console told me yesterday that there was an update and I downloaded it and then 2 minutes later it made a funny noise and I got 3 red lights. The really crappy thing is my 360 was made in april of 06 and this was the very first problem I've had with it since I bought it more than 9 months ago. I'm very mad right now because before I downloaded the update I qualified for the S-class tournament that starts tomorrow and I had a really really high seed. :(

Vectradriver, if your 360 does die and you have to send it away for repair, you DON'T send your hard drive with it. You keep hold of that.

Back