Forza 3: Leaving A Delayed GT 5 In The Pits

• Thread starter Simple SIM
  • 274 comments
I don't know if I'm allowed to copy and paste whole articles here, so I'll just provide the link instead.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/09/27/forza-3-leaving-a-delayed-gt-5-in-the-pits/

WTH? I thought The SixthAxis was a PS3 fan site, but they write an article about GT 5 and spend their time gushing all over Forza, it's damage modeling, livery editor AI ect. They are practically telling GT fans to go buy a 360 and Forza 3.

Do you think an article like that has any place on a PS3 fan site?

You can copy paste the article as long as you supply the source. (which you have) :)

I didn't know it was a PS3 site... I thought it was just a gaming site in general...

Well, sixaxis is the name of a PS3 controller.

It doesn't seem that unfair. GT5 has got some work left to do. Forza 3 seems ready to rock and roll. I'm sure it'll sell well. GT5 will have its turn in the spotlight once March rolls around. We'll begin to see stories like these but they will be pro-Gran Turismo 5 stories. And they'll likely be oozing with hype and information.

Problem with many of these comparison articles is most of GT5's features are assumed, we really don't have many facts yet. Many of them claim how GT5 will be inferior for not having community features (auctions etc) and no livery editiors but they/we don't have a clue if that is the case. Same in the other way assuming GT5 has dynamic weather and 24hr cycles, we don't know for sure yet. You can't make accurate comparisons like this.

Jay
Problem with many of these comparison articles is most of GT5's features are assumed, we really don't have many facts yet. Many of them claim how GT5 will be inferior for not having community features (auctions etc) and no livery editiors but they/we don't have a clue if that is the case. Same in the other way assuming GT5 has dynamic weather and 24hr cycles, we don't know for sure yet. You can't make accurate comparisons like this.

The most annoying thing though is neither game is released yet (and one still has a very long way to go) and these comparison's are running rampant all over the internet... Imagine the amount of comparison's that'll happen when both games are out, gonna be a ****storm to say the least.

Jay
Well, sixaxis is the name of a PS3 controller.

Hmm... well I don't go there often (usually if someone links to a story) and I guess it does seem a little more PS3 centric... I just always thought since it has PS3 news and 360 news on the front page it was just a gaming site...

Anyhow, interesting and they do sound very happy with the F3 demo. Apparently he is the kind of person who appreciates the features F3 is pushing which I am sure is T10s marketing plan (ie offer what GT doesn't rather than 1 up them at their own huge numbers and sparkling graphics game).

It does seem they are assuming a lot about GT5 from previous GTs and it does seem GT5 is shaping up to take on some of those issues, but it also does seem like PD and Kaz really didn't plan on doing so to the extent they are now trying to.

All I can say is now I wanna bust out the 360 and rock a car around on it's roof even more... too late tonight thought :)

All of those articles go to waste on me

I would never ever ever ever ever buy an xbox. Never.

That's the sound of a logical, objective mind at work :D

[/url]WTH? I thought The SixthAxis was a PS3 fan site, but they write an article about GT 5 and spend their time gushing all over Forza, it's damage modeling, livery editor AI ect. They are practically telling GT fans to go buy a 360 and Forza 3.

Doesnt matter, thats their opinion. We have to respect that

Hmm... well I don't go there often (usually if someone links to a story) and I guess it does seem a little more PS3 centric... I just always thought since it has PS3 news and 360 news on the front page it was just a gaming site...

Personally I don't know much about the site as I never go there but the name suggested to me it was a PS3 based site.

Doesnt matter, thats their opinion. We have to respect that

Trolls are everywhere!

Interesting contrast there...

Jay
Personally I don't know much about the site as I never go there but the name suggested to me it was a PS3 based site.

Yeah for some reason I think I had it pegged as some kind of axis/allies play on words... I know... seems totally ridiculous now that I think about it...

Just read the article and to be honest its difficult to disagree with whats written. The only thing I will say is the way the article is written makes it sound like you have to play either Forza 3 or GT5. Personally because GT5 is delayed until March 2010 gives me more time to play FM3 but this doesn't mean I won't buy GT5.

I have played the Forza demo extensively since release and although its an improvement from FM2 the differences are marginal. The physics are definately an improvement but it lacks the class of GT5P for the simple reason that Turn 10 haven't put in the necessary development time.

Come this Autumn/Winter Forza 3 will have the limelight but this will be quickly overshadowed when GT5 is released. Im sure Turn 10 will see another 2-3million copies sold due to the delayed GT5 but I fear their DLC will take a hit when many leave FM3 for GT5.

From now until GT5 is released I shall be playing FM3/MW2. However I shall instantly stop playing these games once GT5 is released.

is anybody realy doubting the fact that once gt5 is out (and i know about the irony in this) it will blow forza out of the way in all aspects of a simracer?
im not.

I think the article is pretty fair (though yes, assuming what either game will be like at this point is a bit premature)... all it means is that Microsoft will undoubtedly have a huge headstart in sales advantage due to GT5's delay. Which is true.

I still don't want rewind! Sparta!

You think Sony was PAID to delay GT 5? O_o

Lol, that's a good one. Of course, probably not though hehe. But really, MS does have serious cash. It's not too out of this realm. :D

About the article, I guess I'm glad it'll work out great for Forza 3. No matter what though, the debate will forever go on between the best of the best of either FM or GT, no matter how much we try to avoid it. They are both anchors in their system's respective.

What's up with all of the FM3 bashing?

360 owners are guaranteed to have a very solid and competent sim to play with for the next 6 months, whilst us PS3 owners will be twiddling our thumbs and deciphering off-screen mobile phone images and nonsensical information from PD.

It's a bit rich discrediting FM3 based on a small demo.

For all we know, GT5 might be atrocious.

This thread just displays all of the insecurity of the GT5 fanboys.

"I will never buy a 360, even if my life depended on it".

Oh please......

360 owners are guaranteed to have a very solid and competent sim to play with for the next 6 months, whilst us PS3 owners will be twiddling our thumbs and deciphering off-screen mobile phone images and nonsensical information from PD.

It's a bit rich discrediting FM3 based on a small demo.

This thread just displays all of the insecurity of the GT5 fanboys.

Oh please......

Meh, I bet there is as much GT5 bashing out there. It's best, I think, to not comment on them and just leave them alone. I've done many of what you're doing all over the net. Unfortunately, we don't make a difference.

Oh please......

Theres a difference between buying a 360 and buying forza.. If forza was on PC then everyone in this forum would buy it I'm pretty sure. But buying a 360 is a different story especially with the amount of crap that goes wrong with it (I've had 2 360's and both RROD'd so I just gave up all togethor on the franchise, especially since I realised I could've bought a PS3 with the amount I spent on the 360's)

A small demo that is a representation of the final game.
Forza 3 has gone gold, and all the bugs will have to be patched up once the final game is released.
Not a good look.

What are you guys talking about? Did you read the article? They aren't "discrediting" it based on the demo. Infact they are gushing all over it based on the demo.

sqo6ea.gif

What are you guys talking about? Did you read the article? They aren't "discrediting" it based on the demo. Infact they are gushing all over it based on the demo.

sqo6ea.gif

I'm responding to AAscooter, not the article.
He said you can't judge a full game by a demo, and that's where I replied.

I'm not hating on anything lol. :rolleyes:

EDIT: And how can you compare a game that's ready for release with a WIP?
You can't.
We'll compare F3 and GT5 in March.

Last edited:
If anything, we should be thanking Turn 10.

Competition is what propels the quality of a game upwards.

If there was no Forza, we probably wouldn't have damage and other little tidbits (ie- an inferior product).

This is probably the kick in the backside that PD needs. They have stagnated in the quality department with no real competition last gen and it had started to show.

I thought XBox 1 and FM1 were great, some very good graphics for a racing game at the time.
forza-motorsport-20041014002734283.jpg

I Found Forza 2 to be a step backwards, nicer graphics(totally new platform) but the game play and especially the speed sensation(or lack of) is wat put me off. The 360 as a system is too frail and bare bones for the price, and im really not feeling the XBL deal. As much as its FBish to say so, but the PS3 seems to be aimed at a more mature gaming audience, the look, the GUI, the games.

In retrospect there is a few features that GT seemed to have been "influenced by" FM, the racing line comes to mind.

Obviously your a youngster who isn't familiar with the GT franchise.

There are only two game developers in the world who you know will produce top quality games. You never even need to see videos or play demos or read reviews because you just know these games will be excellent.

So who am I talking about? answer Polyphony Digital, Infinity ward.

When Kaz was once asked which developer he admired he answered by saying infinity ward. Obviously Kaz knows what hes on about!

This is probably the kick in the backside that PD needs. They have stagnated in the quality department with no real competition last gen and it had started to show.
Yes which is why GT4 sold 13 million copies and GT5P (demo) sold more copies than FM2!

Seriously its Turn 10 who should thank PD because if it wasn't for Gran Turismo Forza wouldn't excist and Dan Greenawalt has said as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me GT5 has to come long way in next months for it to blow minds of gaming journalists after forza 3. Simple reason of course is that if you have seen it before, it usually gets lower score in most cases.

I currently see problems with games from horrible limited steering animation on both games to too easy driving of forza 3 and more limited damage model on GT5. I will get both games knowing none of them is perfect.

Obviously your a youngster who isn't familiar with the GT franchise.

There are only two game developers in the world who you know will produce top quality games. You never even need to see videos or play demos or read reviews because you just know these games will be excellent.

So who am I talking about? answer Polyphony Digital, Infinity ward.

When Kaz was once asked which developer he admired he answered by saying infinity ward. Obviously Kaz knows what hes on about!

Only one can be the king: Blizzard!

Latest Posts

Back