FORZA 3 not a Sim according to KY?

• Thread starter PAPPACLART
  • 220 comments
Personally, i haven't had any experience with FM3 at all, aside from testing it at the store for 5 min... so i could be abit biased.

But Playing GT5-TimeTrial Demo, the driving physics shocked me the first few minutes playing it back then... Even as a long time GT player...

I honestly feel it is a real nice departure into the next incremental improvement step of the Car game.

I think the GT5-TTD driving physics is quite good, if not the best of what we have on the main stream... it's not the easiest to control or drive, especially if you are used to arcade game or BurnOut Paradise, but if you applied real physics, it starts making sense.

To me, it seems that you have been so used to playing "Standard Physics", otherwise it couldn't seem that much harder than in real life...

SORRY to hear/learn that the FANATEC wheel is not well supported...
but I guess that's why they only have one official wheel: DFGT.

CTznOfTime,
I am in no way an Arcade racer.
imo. GT5 TT's physics are no way near the real thing. I will still buy GT5 when it comes out propably not day one anymore.

Another racing game on Xbox360 is the Race Pro. The best physics I have experienced in a console, recommend it to everyone :)

Fanatec is a great wheel and it supports multiplatform but the FFB isn't so good on GT5P or GT5 TT. I hope PD sorts this out for the full version of GT5.

I would choose Fanatec with it's FFB flaws on GT5p and GT5 TT over DFGT anytime-anywhere-anyday.To feel the huge differance, you really need to test the Fanatec wheel ;)

CTznOfTime,
imo. GT5 TT's physics are no way near the real thing. I will still buy GT5 when it comes out propably not day one anymore.

Another racing game on Xbox360 is the Race Pro. The best physics I have experienced in a console, recommend it to everyone :)

Fanatec is a great wheel and it supports multiplatform but the FFB isn't so good on GT5P or GT5 TT. I hope PD sorts this out for the full version of GT5.

I would choose Fanatec with it's FFB flaws on GT5p and GT5 TT over DFGT anytime-anywhere-anyday.To feel the huge differance, you really need to test the Fanatec wheel ;)

I have both Fanatec and G25, and to me FFB is much better on Fanatec. You need to reduce FFB in game to about 3 or 4, because on 10 it doesn't work good on GT5TT

I agree that it's not as realistic but in a way it is more fun whereas GT5 and iRacing are more clinical. In saying that I'm still a GT man but the fact I can change my Challenger into a AWD Plum Crazy NASCAR or put 20's on my Fusion NASCAR is a little more fun.

Does Race Pro support the clutch on your Fanatec?
CTznOfTime,

It's all speculation we have only KYs opinion to go on because he's the fortunate one to have played GT 5. What I will add is that atleast Forza is here.

That was his opinion and he said it doesn't feel quite like a sim. That's a pretty open statement really and considering he makes GT and it would be assumed he feels GT feels like a sim, and Forza definitely does feel different from GT... well his statement seems logical from his point of view.

Yeah well, even the guys who work in my local GAME store agree that Forza 3 is more like an arcade game with realistic bits tagged on.

Back