Forza 3 Nurburgring

• Thread starter neige
  • 49 comments
True, but there's probably more drive days on the ring than anywhere else.

But again, obviously, the point I was making is that it's not an easy track. Heck, it's probably one of the most dangerous tracks; one of the hardest to master, with more crashes there in a year than most other tracks have in 50.

Yeah of course! in GT4 and GTR EVo i crush so many times because sometimes I think I can take the turn where I cant! haha It use to be my worst tracks ever, but I love it!

My uncle is from Germany and i met some people who have visited the ring and on non race days you pay the toll and away you go. I'm sure there's a "Drive at your own Risk" sign before you enter so no liability. I hope to make the trip one day to experience it myself, had enough practice in the Video/sim world, would love to put in a couple of laps with a decent RWD/AWD car, or a very well set-up tuned FWD car. :)👍

Yes sorry that's what I was getting to this whole time... I thought the ring was one of few race courses where you could just go hop on... I am pretty sure all the race courses around me require you to be race licensed, however that's California... you have to CYA on everything... signs that say at your own risk don't cut it and the race track will be worried about repairing damage due to poor drivers.

Nurburgring is classed as a public road which is not speed limited when open to public, it's not just at your own risk and if you drive on it like an idiot you could theoretically get in trouble with the police.

Jay
Nurburgring is classed as a public road which is not speed limited when open to public, it's not just at your own risk and if you drive on it like an idiot you could theoretically get in trouble with the police.

Right... and back to where this all started... the fact the public is allowed on it makes it actually the most appropriate for noobs in a sim as... well that's were it happens easily in real life :)

I'm sorry but you don't make a lot of sense, since the Nurb is one of the most dangerous tracks in the world, if some stupid noob mastered the nurb on Forza3 which really is not an accomplishment and took his real car to the nurb and got killed, it would be a sad day for stupidity.

Noobs don't belong on the Ring ever
Right... and back to where this all started... the fact the public is allowed on it makes it actually the most appropriate for noobs in a sim as... well that's were it happens easily in real life :)

I havnt played GT4 for a while but i remember driving the ring for the first time playing FM2 and there is a huge differnce between the two GT4 has more unsettling bumps and is more of a challenge to get a clean lap. Now compare this with FM3 it is less smoother and more of a challenge compared with FM2

The ring in this game is not scary. Not one bit. It is fun for sure, but I was terrified at certain point in GT4, but here it is so much easy and forgiving. One thing I am really annoyed about the ring in F3, is that T10 made parts of the track to look like jungle. Seriously, I thought that at some parts I should stop the car, get out, get my rifle and continue playing far cry or what not.

I havnt played GT4 for a while but i remember driving the ring for the first time playing FM2 and there is a huge differnce between the two GT4 has more unsettling bumps and is more of a challenge to get a clean lap. Now compare this with FM3 it is less smoother and more of a challenge compared with FM2

I've had another look at some replays, and it appears they actually have made it A LOT more bumpy than it used to be; they wheels are flying up and down like in GT4 and GTRE etc with their versions of the ring.

The problem is...the cars just float over the bumps as if they're not there. Sure the wheels are tracking the bumps perfectly, but the car doesn't respond to them very much.

I'm sorry but you don't make a lot of sense, since the Nurb is one of the most dangerous tracks in the world, if some stupid noob mastered the nurb on Forza3 which really is not an accomplishment and took his real car to the nurb and got killed, it would be a sad day for stupidity.

Noobs don't belong on the Ring ever

We get it. You don't like FM3.

All I've seen so far is that it definitely isn't as bumpy, they have made some parts narrower, and they did re-do some sections.

However, my thoughts remain the same as before. One of the worst representations of the real track, which is an incredible shame because running this track through the cockpit of a car makes it so much more exciting. PGR4, GT4, & Shift, imo, are much more exciting to drive this track on because the course is much closer to how it should be in these games (regardless of physics).

With that said, the cockpit view can still make the course a little more enjoyable, but it won't change the fact that you'll know something isn't right with this track.

You mean it's even more dumbed down than the Shift version?

If it's anywhere near what it looks like in shift it gets a major fail from me. I actually took some time to realize I was on the ring when the game threw me at a ring section. The only thing that actually made me realize it was the ring was the familiar sequence of turns. They barely resemble the real thing. It's far too wide and far too smooth. Takes away a lot of the difficulty of the track. Quite disappointing.

In my opinion, FM3 is pre9tty solid and is much better than the FM2 version. Granted, I have never been on the ring, so I can't confirm it's realism (I am sure most haven't).

^ You only need to watch videos from the real thing and play GT4 to realize the Shift version is dumbed down quite a lot. I'm quite sure that experiencing the real thing would only increase my "it's dumbed down" feeling.

We get it. You don't like FM3.
Funny thing is I'm enjoying Forza3 quite a bit and now that I think of it, I shouldn't complain about the inaccuracies of the Ring when Forza3 physics have been dumbed down so much it wouldn't be a proper training tool anyway for driving the ring in real life, it's not like an accurate Nurburging would make a difference at this point.

To me its 99% like Forza 2, the only thing i find changed is some cones the trees nothing more, the rest of the track as Forza 2, the change maybe is theres more grip in some cars now which makes bit easier some turns, nothing more.

Forza3 physics have been dumbed down so much it wouldn't be a proper training tool anyway for driving the ring in real life, it's not like an accurate Nurburging would make a difference at this point.

Now this gets the funniest and most pathetic post of the year award, bar none. (If am being brutally honest).:dunce:

^ You only need to watch videos from the real thing and play GT4 to realize the Shift version is dumbed down quite a lot. I'm quite sure that experiencing the real thing would only increase my "it's dumbed down" feeling.

I driven both hundreds of times (and GTR Evo and FM2-3)- the only difference that I notice between GT4 and SHIFT (when you remove all the other variables- physics and cockpit effects etc.) is right off the start at Hatzenbach. I don't know which of the two is more accurate but the one in SHIFT is bit harder to manouver due to having more bumps.

The climb from Fuchsrohre onto Adenauer Forest seems a bit to steep and short in GT4 and the braking point is different from all the video I've seen of actual driving (ie. Toshio Suzuki in the GTR although the guy's a maniac) while the one in SHIFT is a bit more realistic.

The section from Kallenhard to Wehrseifen has supposedly been paved post GT4 and is much smoother now as is the one in SHIFT. Karussell is definitely much more like the real thing in SHIFT than GT4. All the technical section before the last straightaway look and feel the same. But perhaps due to nature of SHIFT physics, it's more visceral in that game (on the PS3 and the PC version with the G25, don't know much about the 360 version).

As to FM3- I'm happy that T10 has finally narrowed down most of the section from FM2. But the descend and turns at Wehrseifen, seem a bit too mellow as is the following climb. The Karussell is a disaster but the technical section is quite accurate although not as involving as SHIFT. For most part the road also seems too level, bowling alley level- if you look up the climb onto Schwedenkreuz, for example, it should be a bit tilted. Next time, more trees at the start.

Nordschleife_image_of_Nurburgring_track.png

Last edited:
To be clear I'm not saying you can drive the Ring in real life because you drove it in a game, but atleast GT4 is a nice primer before the real thing where as if you used Forza3 as a primer, you might aswell been playing Mario cart and shooting bananas.
Now this gets the funniest and most pathetic post of the year award, bar none. (If am being brutally honest).:dunce:

I driven both hundreds of times (and GTR Evo and FM2-3)- the only difference that I notice between GT4 and SHIFT (when you remove all the other variables- physics and cockpit effects etc.) is right off the start at Hatzenbach. I don't know which of the two is more accurate but the one in SHIFT is bit harder to manouver due to having more bumps.

The climb from Fuchsrohre onto Adenauer Forest seems a bit to steep and short in GT4 and the braking point is different from all the video I've seen of actual driving (ie. Toshio Suzuki in the GTR although the guy's a maniac) while the one in SHIFT is a bit more realistic.

The section from Kallenhard to Wehrseifen has supposedly been paved post GT4 and is much smoother now as is the one in SHIFT. Karussell is definitely much more like the real thing in SHIFT than GT4. All the technical section before the last straightaway look and feel the same. But perhaps due to nature of SHIFT physics, it's more visceral in that game (on the PS3 and the PC version with the G25, don't know much about the 360 version).

As to FM3- I'm happy that T10 has finally narrowed down most of the section from FM2. But the descend and turns at Wehrseifen, seem a bit too mellow as is the following climb. The Karussell is a disaster but the technical section is quite accurate although not as involving as SHIFT. For most part the road also seems too level, bowling alley level- if you look up the climb onto Schwedenkreuz, for example, it should be a bit tilted. Next time, more trees at the start.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/Nordschleife_image_of_Nurburgring_track.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Maybe my mistake is to assume GT4's is closer to the real thing. It may or may not be but considering how Kaz is a perfectionist to the point it's nearly sick, I believe it's a safe assumption. What I can tell for sure is that the GT4 version is considerably narrower and bumpier than the Shift version and that the videos I've seen from the real thing also seem to show a narrower and bumpier track. Another thing I can say for sure is that it's a lot more rewarding and fun to drive it on GT4 but that's probably due to physics more than the track layout. Still, the track layout in GT4 appears to be quite more unforgiving. When the real thing is known as "Green Hell", unforgiving is what we are looking for I believe.

Last edited:
To be clear I'm not saying you can drive the Ring in real life because you drove it in a game, but atleast GT4 is a nice primer before the real thing where as if you used Forza3 as a primer, you might aswell been playing Mario cart and shooting bananas.

I must agree, GT4 is more realistic in NUR-Ring over FM3 version. And yeah, you dont need to drive it on the ring, Once you drive it, you will firoget how corners are and what not, just look at photos and videos and you will come to see GT4's version is more accurate over FM3 version. Same thing with every single track.. don't get me started people how bad SUZUKA is in FM3! To me calling something real SIM you need the most accurate tracks from real world, and if the team can not make them, stick with imaginary ones.. Thats is why iRacing is #1.

Back