Forza 3 vs GT5P Physics: Objective Analysis

• Thread starter MowTin
  • 71 comments
Do we know for sure if "new" refers to GT4 or GT5P?

both. as KY said, for GT5 (therefore also GT5:P) they took everything from GT4 and threw in the dumbster, and I think he also stated that the Physics in GT5 were different from prologue?!

both. as KY said, for GT5 (therefore also GT5:P) they took everything from GT4 and threw in the dumbster, and I think he also stated that the Physics in GT5 were different from prologue?!

They are, you can see that from the demos.

What we don't know is how different they will be from prologue. I think they will be quite similar, but the change could be quite drastic.

Nice simulated camera shake and head movement. :D

Amazing... GT5P on youtube sounds better than it does on my TV... I really need to invest in some speakers... :lol:

i didn't want to shake camera : ) but head movements were done intencionaly to emulate head tracking :D

i have crapy video recording but sound recorded exacly like it sounds in my room :) When i have recording i turned up volume and it was reeeeeaaaalyy loud :) So sound in this youtube video is like in my room :)

GT5P Sound Realy shines when you have listen loud :)

btw youtube have some crapy converters. My original video is smaller and better quality and with framerate over 29 FPS

Acceleration

Simple standing start test. Accelerating from zero.
Forza 3: Had to accelerate more carefully to avoid wheel spin. Wheel shakes with wheel spin.
GT5P: Cars seem to have little wheel spin. No touch need for a good start. No force feedback.

Comment: Neither game simulated torque steering (where car pulls to one side during full acceleration) but at least Forza 3 had good wheel spin.

Winner: Forza 3

Hi! Thanks for making the comparison! I just have a question: did you also take in account the tires?

Hate to dig up an old thread but this one was interesting to me. I race with a couple of guys who actually RACE in real life. They all say Forza's the better game physics wise. Yet I read this thread and you would think that Forza has Mario Kart physics (I know fanboyism runs rampant on the internet). I'm just curious about the whole thing. Alot of things make me scratch my head. I notice alot of things people say about GT5P were part of FM2 but for them to change the physics leads me to believe that they researched something and believed what they have now is more true to life.

One thing I would like to see is a non-sponsored event where real drivers who aren't in either Turn 10's or PD's pocket, drive both games and give their impression. Put them all on Porsche 911 Turbo S wheels (so that the wheel wont be a deciding factor) and see what the results are.

Hello t.o., welcome at GTPlanet 👍

Reading your post leads me to believe you didn't read the first post properly. Forget about the opinions of the guys you race with, that's just their subjective and what it seems unfounded opinion. Simply read the opening post again and you'll find what I think is the best 'objective' comparison of the latest versions of both franchises.
For the rest it's just personal preference what physics you think is better. The majority here agrees GT has overall better physics, but then that's to be expected at a GT forum.

Hello t.o., welcome at GTPlanet 👍

Reading your post leads me to believe you didn't read the first post properly. Forget about the opinions of the guys you race with, that's just their subjective and what it seems unfounded opinion. Simply read the opening post again and you'll find what I think is the best 'objective' comparison of the latest versions of both franchises.
For the rest it's just personal preference what physics you think is better. The majority here agrees GT has overall better physics, but then that's to be expected at a GT forum.
Thanks for the welcome. I didn't know this was a GT as in the game forum. I just thought it was GT as in GT type cars. lol.

This "Analysis" is just a random guy, who has some "racing friends" that he doesn't define, that's trying to figure out which game is the best when you have the least "real" settings on GT5:P and the most real in F3.

Because: If either you or your friends find the Forza even in the same league, regarding physics, when you are playing on professional without aides, then you just don't know how a car handles.

I have played both 10+ hours, and i _love_ Forza, but thats just fun. GT5:P is a freaking awesome experience, as fun as Forza, but much more real.

(/end of rage)

The wheel your using "DFP", isn't that slightly dated now? Wasn't that released for PS2 originally?

Anyway, I use DFGT and I do get force feedback and wheel shuddering during acceleration.

Forza is a racing game, many racing fans (12-20) will buy it. Gran Turismo, isn't a racing game, its a driving game, its not a game its something every self respecting 40 year old should own, because its like a cool gizmo to own.

GTP beats Forza in every way apart from damage, cars and tracks. Which is to be expected, GTP is just a hyped up demo.

Back