Forza 4 Announced (read the first post - no GT vs FM comparisons)

United Kingdom
England.
Forza 4 comes out Fall 2011!

Teaser trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-forza-motorsport/708346

Edited to add:

OK a note to the thread and members in general here.

This thread......

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=142492

is all about GT5 Vs FM3 and as such you can feel free to post your thoughts about FM4 in it as well, should you wish (subject to keeping to the AUP).

This thread is what you want to see in FM4, your dissections of the video, any new information, etc.

I am also going to add this to the OP to minimise the risk of people missing it and edit the thread title.

Keep in mind that currently 3 members are taking a time out for ignoring the ban on GT vs FM discussion in this thread, don't add your name to that list.

Scaff

Last edited:
And NFS hot pursuit beat GT5 for best racing game....didn't see that one coming. And i was really hoping for a new PGR, not forza. And i guess the whole top gear thing was their partnership with T10?

Yes, please. :D 👍

Can't make out too much other than a Zonda of some kind, what looked like an LP550-2, night-time racing (?), and rally.

Could be just random footage thrown together though, so, who knows.

Hoping for night-time racing and rally! T10 really dropped the ball on the last game. Hopefully the new one will be good again.

no in game footage yet?

I will researve my judgement, I am a gt5 fanboy yes, but i still did enjoy forza 3 while I waited for gt5.

hmm not surprised gt5 will lay that down in graves too.

You enjoy making assumptions about a game no one has played yet?

Also....
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

It's actually hard to tell whether you're complimenting or bashing the game....

Really looking forward to this, hopefully it'll be better than the 3rd, otherwise it won't be getting much playtime from me unfortunately.

Parker

Not too much hopes after complete failure called Forza 3.

Besides, all X360 racing wheels are out of production. Does MS really think I'm going to play racing game with kinect (or pad)? LOL

The trailer was bloddy arcadey but is this proper game or Kinect garbage ?

I don't think Microsoft (or T10) is dumb enough to take their top racing series, and destroy it. I'm sure there will be some sort of Kinect support (like we've already seen) but I'm sure it will be a better version of 3.

Not too much hopes after complete failure called Forza 3.

Besides, all X360 racing wheels are out of production. Does MS really think I'm going to play racing game with kinect (or pad)? LOL

Seems like Fanatec wheels are the only option for a 360. While I certainly don't like to play racing games with a controller, the 360 controller actually worked well with Forza 3. I had the clutch set to A, upshift to X and downshift to B, and ti worked well with all assists off.

the 360 controller actually worked well with Forza 3. I had the clutch set to A, upshift to X and downshift to B, and ti worked well with all assists off.

It may work well in terms of lap times, but talking about driving feel it doesn't work at all.

Though there is a possibility that MS will announce new MS racing wheel or get rid of this garbage and make the game compatible with Logitech wheels, which requires only drivers

Hmm... I see they have the Top Gear license. I wonder how they will implement it. It pains me to think they will be able to put it to greater use than GT5 (which won't be hard; standing starts + Liana, Lacetti, Cee'd and more of the cast).

Hopefully this game won't be that good, as A) I don't own a XBox 360 and B) I don't want GTPlanet to be full of complaints (ie. "why did Kaz fail us?" "I am selling my PS3" "It took PD six years to release one game and Turn10 made four games!") It gets tiresome very quickly. 👎

Also, using Kinect for a racing game (judging by E3), even just for inspecting a car, seems incredibly gimmicky. Of course, it isn't confirmed (yet).

Last edited:
E30
Hmm... I see they have the Top Gear license. I wonder how they will implement it. It pains me to think they will be able to put it to greater use than GT5

To be honest Top Gear test track is the worst track in games I've ever seen. So I wouldn't bother too much how they implement it, I just skiped it completely in GT5

To be honest Top Gear test track is the worst track in games I've ever seen. So I wouldn't bother too much how they implement it, I just skiped it completely in GT5

I agree. But there are a lot of Top Gear fans (a lot of whom who don't even care for cars) for whom the Top Gear tie-in will be a selling point.

Anyways, hopefully this additional competition will get Kaz to make GT5 even better via patches and (free) DLC.

I don't think Microsoft (or T10) is dumb enough to take their top racing series, and destroy it. I'm sure there will be some sort of Kinect support (like we've already seen) but I'm sure it will be a better version of 3.

Thankfully, Turn 10 is not that stupid.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/forzamotorsport4_vga/

The ground-breaking Forza Motorsport series will return to Xbox 360 in fall 2011, featuring support for Kinect as well as the classic controls you’ve come to expect from the Forza series.

It may work well in terms of lap times, but talking about driving feel it doesn't work at all.

Though there is a possibility that MS will announce new MS racing wheel or get rid of this garbage and make the game compatible with Logitech wheels, which requires only drivers

I agree with you 100%. With that being said, I'd rather play the game with a pad than not play it at all. 👍

It would be a smart decision to release another wheel close to the Forza 4 launch. Hopefully Microsoft see's what most people want (clutch, 6 speed shifter, etc) and makes a readily available wheel for us. Don't have my hopes up though.

If Kinect is optional and used for head tracking and other things then it is fine. I hope it is a proper sim.

PD knows they have to keep their fans happy and make improvements to GT5 otherwise they are going to loose them :lol:

The trailer was bloddy arcadey but is this proper game or Kinect garbage ?
I love how not a thing was shown about the physics, yet you of all people called it "arcadey". And once more, your double standards show because GT liked to present similar trailers mixing real life & small shots of the game, but that's fine.

I love how not a thing was shown about the physics, yet you of all people called it "arcadey". And once more, your double standards show because GT liked to present similar trailers mixing real life & small shots of the game, but that's fine.

That game could be NFS trailer and I would never know. GT has class ;)

But it will be intresting to see if Forza is any good and competition is always nice

That game could be NFS trailer and I would never know. GT has class ;)

- Video -

Is there any point to you posting here other than to start yet another meaningless fanboy brigade?

The trailer looked "arcadey" (whatever the hell that means) okay, fine. Move on...and stop polluting the thread with useless dribble.

This is not actually a trailer, almost everything just shot with camera in real life.

I remember first Forza 2 CGI trailer, I was disappointed a bit when I saw that in game Sebring doesn't look exactly like announcement trailer :)

Wow Forza fans are soo touchy :lol:

I think it is great for both Forza and GT fans if Forza4 is not Kinect game. This year at E3 they were showing a typical Kinect game which was on rails. All you had to do is move your hands and the car will accelerate, brake for you.

Back