Forza 4 Autovista mode could be standard / premium?

Wow the power of Forza astounds.
People who don't like it are buying it.

Never heard that from any other title ever.

Wow the power of Forza astounds.
People who don't like it are buying it.

Never heard that from any other title ever.

And many people who didnt wanted Autovista, are mad that there are not enough cars for it.

It's not CGI. Turn 10 has already stated it's the game engine. See, here you go again making false claims.

A further nail in the coffin that even the 'cutscene' interest segments are not CGI is the fact when it goes to these fixed segments, the open/closed state of the all the doors etc is retained...

And there are questions like, if it was CGI, and it was all about the IQ, then why didn't they render the CGI in more detail with self reflections etc..

I'm confident at this stage to believe it's all in-engine..

alucard0712
It's racing game - I like racing games. GT has only one alternative so I don't have a choice.

Well I can confidently say if a game was released that I didn't like I wouldn't buy it.

I couldn't imagine forcing myself to play something I didn't like.

Hope it's not too stressful experience for you.

Please when you post up that you don't like the game I won't have any sympathy.
Although I'm sure you don't want any.

It's racing game - I like racing games. GT has only one alternative so I don't have a choice.

Not true. In fact if you buy racing games, just because its a racing game...well...you have many choices. You want sim-style ones? Shift2, Race Pro, Ferarri Challenge, V8 Superstars. Want arcade racing games? NFS, GRID, Dirt1-3, Mod Nation, Midnight Club.

Lets not even get started on the PC racing games...

Although I understand your point, you have to admit its silly to buy a game just because its a certain genre. I like meat....but I am not eating a dead rat just because its "meat".

A further nail in the coffin that even the 'cutscene' interest segments are not CGI is the fact when it goes to these fixed segments, the open/closed state of the all the doors etc is retained...

And there are questions like, if it was CGI, and it was all about the IQ, then why didn't they render the CGI in more detail with self reflections etc..

I'm confident at this stage to believe it's all in-engine..

If a door or some part of the car was open, it would glitch with the camera panning across the car or ruin a certain camera angle.For example, if in one of the segments you had the door of the 458 open and it it tries to look at the front wheels from a back angle, all you would see is a door handle.. Also, you can change the color of the car in autovista. Do you think they actually rendered 10-20 Cgi's of each car?

Last edited:
There is really no need to argue this. It is just Akira boy stating his beliefs as facts yet again.

They say you can lie enough to yourself that you actually start to believe it as true. I think he has this problem.

Interesting, the same thing was said about Porsche.

CGI scenes explains the limited number of cars with AV, plus there is no free camera zone, which means that there are certain angles that are locked and cannot be access during free-camera mode.

Still, the only way to test such thing is by seeing a video which uses a free camera that has free access to all axis(X, Y, Z), something that I haven't seen yet, and apparently isn't there.

I am most positive that option is there under a developer-mode, which is the case with many games. But, I highly doubt Dan is going to use it to showoff AutoVista b/c it's not something we will actually get to use in the game & he has better things to do than prove AutoVista isn't CGI to folks like you.

akiraacecombat
Interesting, the same thing was said about Porsche.

CGI scenes explains the limited number of cars with AV, plus there is no free camera zone, which means that there are certain angles that are locked and cannot be access during free-camera mode.

Still, the only way to test such thing is by seeing a video which uses a free camera that has free access to all axis(X, Y, Z), something that I haven't seen yet, and apparently isn't there.

Wow, are you that dense? No such thing as a free camera huh? Have you forgotten completely about the Kinect integration?

[YouTube]J8peKqHrT54[/YouTube]

Just because you believe it yourself, does not mean the rest us are that ignorant. Now, go away.

Wow, are you that dense? No such thing as a free camera huh? Have you forgotten completely about the Kinect integration?

[YouTube]J8peKqHrT54[/YouTube]

They don't orbit over the car (free access to the X, Y, Z axis) , and they don't do the the same close-ups from the cutscenes.

akiraacecombat
They don't orbit over the car (free access to the X, Y, Z axis) , and they don't do the the same close-ups from the cutscenes.

So it's CGI then? I never knew.

Out of curiosity are you buying Forza 4?

Iplus there is no free camera zone, which means that there are certain angles that are locked and cannot be access during free-camera mode.
Were we watching the same video? Because I saw free camera movement controlled by the user. What did you see? A very clever CGI trick where the animation was perfectly synced to the pre-practiced movements of the demonstrator? Cause if that's what was going on, T10 should go into stage productions, I've never seen better choreography in my life.
It's ok to admit that Autovista models might look better than GT5 photomode models without being "helped" or "faked" with CGI. The universe will not implode, and the monsters won't get you.

They do have a zoom option in autovista. Also, even if it didn't have a zoom option, saying that it is "CGI" just because of that is very ignorant assumption.

Good idea. One guy is buying it even though he hates Forza.

Do you have a wheel?

Used to have an MS wheel.

And I don't hate all Forza, just FM3 which was a huge letdown compared to what T10 did with FM1 and FM2, I just see FM4 following the same all-audiences policy from FM3, AV seems to be one of the things that was develop with the whole "Hollywood style" thing which doesn't impress me, however I do maintain the hope that they hear the very little percentage of people who wants the same challenge and realism offered in FM2, not the FM2 physics model of course, but one based on that kind of challenge, to the "sim-racing" fans.

Used to have an MS wheel.

And I don't hate all Forza, just FM3 which was a huge letdown compared to what T10 did with FM1 and FM2, I just see FM4 following the same all-audiences policy from FM3, AV seems to be one of the things that was develop with the whole "Hollywood style" thing which doesn't impress me, however I do maintain the hope that they hear the very little percentage of people who wants the same challenge and realism offered in FM2, not the FM2 physics model of course, but one based on that kind of challenge, to the "sim-racing" fans.

I've said it before , I'll say it again. Hard =/= sim. I don't want some artificial challenge. I want real. If real is easy then give me easy. If real is hard then give me hard. If real is something in between and dependent on the vehicle and circumstances then give me that. Nothing more , nothing less.

I've said it before , I'll say it again. Hard =/= sim. I don't want some artificial challenge. I want real. If real is easy then give me easy. If real is hard then give me hard. If real is something in between and dependent on the vehicle and circumstances then give me that. Nothing more , nothing less.

Good point, in fact Hard=/=sim, the thing about FM3 is that it sacrifices sim to get into the "Easy side", I have complained a lot about the permanent assist which ruins the experience for several cars like the F430, the F40 and the corvette, I don't mind if the assists is present, what buggers me is that the assists cannot be turned off, and that's a let down with the amount of events that involves those cars.

akiraacecombat

1- How would you like them them to hover over the car using Kinect? I cannot levitate in my living room. Since Autovista was specifically created for Kinect, which has been said countless times in various interviews, your point is irrelevant.

2- Photomode movement, specifically above vehicles, is restricted in many games (ie FM3 and GT5). So I guess that means that is all pre-rendered CGI scenes as well?

3- Don't do the same close ups? Are we watching the same thing? Obviously the camera angles are different because the point of view during live interaction is from an individual walking around and climbing into the car (Kinect again). The same level of detail from the same car model is there.

If you honestly cannot hear that Turn 10 staff member disclosing that the level of detail that went into the car model is comparable to both what is in movies and CGI pre-renders, well I just don't know what to tell you.

Believe what you want. But quit posting your opinion, which cannot be confirmed as correct information, as fact. It is both annoying and against the AUP.

akiraacecombat
Good point, in fact Hard=/=sim, the thing about FM3 is that it sacrifices sim to get into the "Easy side", I have complained a lot about the permanent assist which ruins the experience for several cars like the F430, the F40 and the corvette, I don't mind if the assists is present, what buggers me is that the assists cannot be turned off, and that's a let down with the amount of events that involves those cars.

I agree with your permanent assists comment.

Really hard not to put in some artificial buffers for pad users though.
900 degrees rotation, squeezed into around an inch of lateral travel isn't going to fit without some shenanigans.

1- How would you like them them to hover over the car using Kinect? I cannot levitate in my living room. Since Autovista was specifically created for Kinect, which has been said countless times in various interviews, your point is irrelevant.

2- Photomode movement, specifically above vehicles, is restricted in many games (ie FM3 and GT5). So I guess that means that is all pre-rendered CGI scenes as well?

3- Don't do the same close ups? Are we watching the same thing? Obviously the camera angles are different because the point of view during live interaction is from an individual walking around and climbing into the car (Kinect again). The same level of detail from the same car model is there.

If you honestly cannot hear that Turn 10 staff member disclosing that the level of detail that went into the car model is comparable to both what is in movies and CGI pre-renders, well I just don't know what to tell you.

Believe what you want. But quit posting your opinion, which cannot be confirmed as correct information, as fact. It is both annoying and against the AUP.

Why is it against AUP? is presented as an hypothesis, if people cant accept or at least study why is not CGI then what is the point of having to report it.

In several interviews T10 themselves said that Autovista can also be done with controller, which makes available an free orbit camera(like the one used in FM3 replay photomode for example).

When the cutscene showing close ups is activated, there are spreadsheets and stats all over the place, and that is really difficult to pull out that without implementing CGI techniques.

Please notice that the camera angles, and how the car is navigate is very different from an orbit-camera mode like the one used in FM3 photomode replay mode and garage photo-mode.

cuco33
In other words, no.. you wont buy it.

I have to play it first, then buy, careful consumer strategy, is what is called.

I agree with your permanent assists comment.

Really hard not to put in some artificial buffers for pad users though.
900 degrees rotation, squeezed into around an inch of lateral travel isn't going to fit without some shenanigans.

True, very true, what pains me is the F430 and the F40, such an entertaining way to play on the Nurburgring in FM2, then they put Fujimi Kaido in FM3 which is awesome, and introduce the steering assist and spoiled what could have been an excellent driving experience.

If they manage to make a decent challenging driving model, or a free assists mode, I'll buy that game.

Last edited:
There is an assist free steering mode in FM4, which as difficult as it may be if sim = hard (which I don 't believe as driving fast doesn't = hard) I'll be using with a pad.

Why is it against AUP? is presented as an hypothesis, if people cant accept or at least study why is not CGI then what is the point of having to report it.

In several interviews T10 themselves said that Autovista can also be done with controller, which makes available an free orbit camera(like the one used in FM3 replay photomode for example).

When the cutscene showing close ups is activated, there are spreadsheets and stats all over the place, and that is really difficult to pull out that without implementing CGI techniques.

Please notice that the camera angles, and how the car is navigate is very different from an orbit-camera mode like the one used in FM3 photomode replay mode and garage photo-mode.

I am pretty sure that Turn10 did not put in "orbit cam" in Autovista for specific reasons. If there is orbit cam, it would discourage the kinect ability. Also Turn10 wanted to make you feel like you were in a showroom in person. You don't get to fly around in showrooms.

It is relatively easy to put up spreadsheets and it certainly does not require CGI renders.

Back