Forza 4 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 579 comments
I brought FM4 last year and was able to download the DLC packs that I had originally brought when the game first came out. That 458 Challenge sounds so good...

My question is can you still download tunes and paints? I’ve tried to but I get a message saying I need Xbox Live to do that so I’m guessing you can. I just need to buy some Xbox live for the account then.

Yes i bought it at the time, but i only recently,last year, got another xbox 360 and the game again, it wont even update or anything....as i found this info last year aswell

forza-4-m-ended-jpg.940598
I was able to re-download it by going into my download history.

Im sure mine says nothing when i looked which really cheesed me off..Will have to set
the 360 up again..

Just tried again by doing what it says on microsoft site, because i have a different console to what i initially downloaded to, it says download some content, then you1ll be able to redownload old...but nope..ive been on my microsoft account looking through all my purchase history, no mention anywhere of forza 4, it says points purchase ...dont know what that means but was around the time i was buying the DLC for forza 4..

On my 360 download history is not available ....

proper upset all my fave forza 4 cars i can`t have anymore.....

Encode_204.mp4_snapshot_00.01_[2021.03.29_20.23.10].jpg
Encode_203.mp4_snapshot_00.06_[2021.03.29_20.22.56].jpg
Encode_203.mp4_snapshot_00.01_[2021.03.29_20.22.49].jpg
points.jpg

Last edited:
Playing FM4 yesterday and was wondering if I had actually purchased more then the two DLC packs I could access ingame. Stupid me has never thought to look in the account section of settings which lists your download and purchase history. Upon scrolling through this it was apparent to me that I had originally purchased most of the DLC including the Porsche expansion pack. My memory is shocking these days. So after downloading it all I have a stack of DLC cars to drive again.

First up was the Aston AMR-One. Such an oddity. So disappointing in reality but fun to drive in Forza. Racing that got me thinking of how successful the car could have been if they replaced the troublesome straight six with the glorious V12 from the Lola. I still think it wouldn't have beaten the diesels. Tall order there.

Grrrr why wont any DLC work for me?

Would licence transfer do anything?

In my experience the downloaded content was showing in the history before I did that as my 360 isn’t my original one. So I don’t know if that could be an issue.

It could be a issue at Xbox’s end if you are sure that you brought the DLC and using the same account as the one you are trying with now. Downloaded items shouldn’t disappear from your history. Have you contacted support?

Sorry that you are experiencing these issues. It would do my head in also

Last edited:
Thanks for replying, i think its the same account ive had, and i did try transferring license, when i was on the microsoft help bit, chat and email/phone wasnt available it said, there was only a bit to ask another gamer ...

Also did they release any disc version containing all the dlc cars?

Last edited:
Thanks for replying, i think its the same account ive had, and i did try transferring license, when i was on the microsoft help bit, chat and email/phone wasnt available it said, there was only a bit to ask another gamer ...

Also did they release any disc version containing all the dlc cars?

There was no Ultimate version on disc for 4 like 3 had unfortunately. Such a shame they only did that with 3 but I’m guessing licensing is to blame for them not doing that again.

Ok ive completely deleted and uninstalled the game of my xbox 360, I then re installed both discs, it then let me download a few car packs and tracks, i presume these are from disc 2 so downloads are working.......i still cant get what i paid for as DLC or any kind of updates, the question is can i get a car if someone sends it me? is that even possible?, i only really want the volvo 850 estate...it was in one of the car packs...

thanks

Ok ive completely deleted and uninstalled the game of my xbox 360, I then re installed both discs, it then let me download a few car packs and tracks, i presume these are from disc 2 so downloads are working.......i still cant get what i paid for as DLC or any kind of updates, the question is can i get a car if someone sends it me? is that even possible?, i only really want the volvo 850 estate...it was in one of the car packs...

thanks
Only the leaderboards work with FM4 & Xbox Live Silver Account. It worked about a year ago...

After all these years, I finally completed the event list.

I revisted the game when the lockdowns began and started fresh.*. I’ve been away from my 360 for three semesters of college since then, plus I’ve been distracted by other games in the process. I still think the 360 Forza games are the best ones in the series, plus it’s a shame I can’t get the DLC anymore. Also there’s no word on the server issues, but with the 360 Halo servers shutting down last week I would probably guess they’re down for good.

For some reason the Bucket List achievement triggered before I officially completed the list. I did as many of the races as I could in World Tour then worked my way up the classes, and I know that some of the events require Disc 2, so I think it might have to do with that.

*I had all the unicorns except for the Camaro SS while you could still get them and pretty much left the game alone until 2020.

BBEAC48B-8021-4D69-B285-2C0AAB5F6200.jpeg

3789ADC1-478B-4AD4-8B42-2209306ADCFF.jpeg

EB78AABD-2F1D-4B1A-9BBB-02A6D43EB003.jpeg

2C2B4C68-774E-4C9F-B4B0-CCAF227B8576.jpeg

Last edited:

I revisted the game when the lockdowns began and started fresh.*. I’ve been away from my 360 for three semesters of college since then, plus I’ve been distracted by other games in the process. I still think the 360 Forza games are the best ones in the series, plus it’s a shame I can’t get the DLC anymore. Also there’s no word on the server issues, but with the 360 Halo servers shutting down last week I would probably guess they’re down for good.

For some reason the Bucket List achievement triggered before I officially completed the list. I did as many of the races as I could in World Tour then worked my way up the classes, and I know that some of the events require Disc 2, so I think it might have to do with that.

*I had all the unicorns except for the Camaro SS while you could still get them and pretty much left the game alone until 2020.

View attachment 1107383
View attachment 1107384
View attachment 1107385
View attachment 1107386
Oh man... Think I might fire up my x360 just for some FM 3 and 4. One of their best products ever 👍

View attachment 1107383
View attachment 1107384
View attachment 1107385
View attachment 1107386
I need to do this too I’m pretty close and I have had FM4 day one limited edition 😱 😭. Great work well done 👍

Bit of a silly question but valid still: I don't have the latest versions of FM3 and 4 as I can't access xbox live on me x360 (long story, don't ask) - so am I missing out on anything by not using the latest versions?

Last edited:
Bit of a silly question but valid still: I don't have the latest versions of FM3 and 4 as I can't access xbox live on me x360 (long story, don't ask) - so am I missing out on anything by not using the latest versions
Nothing major as far as I’m aware.

View attachment 1107383
View attachment 1107384
View attachment 1107385
View attachment 1107386
Great job on completing the game. Can you tell a bit more how you played the game? Have you used rewind option and what options have you used?

Great job on completing the game. Can you tell a bit more how you played the game? Have you used rewind option and what options have you used?
All assists off (including rewind off), manual with clutch, normal steering, and AI on professional difficulty with upgraded cars except for the prototype oval races where I set the cars to stock because the AI did faster laps at Motegi and Sedona than me.

I tried using as many cars as I could while playing through the game. Unfortunately the DLC was off-limits. The only cars I ended up not buying were most of the 1 million+ CR classic cars, a few R3 supercars (Veyron, CCX), and some race cars. 1.25 million CR is not a lot of money to end the game with. No way I’m going to try grinding for the 40 million I need for the Exclusive Taste and Ferrari Collector achievements.

All assists off (including rewind off), manual with clutch, Normal Steering, and AI on professional difficulty with upgraded cars except for the prototype oval races where I set the cars to stock because the AI did faster laps at Motegi and Sedona than me.

I tried using as many cars as I could while playing through the game. Unfortunately the DLC was off-limits. The only cars I ended up not buying were most of the 1 million+ CR classic cars, a few R3 supercars (Veyron, CCX), and some race cars. 1.25 million CR is not a lot of money to end the game with. No way I’m going to try grinding for the 40 million I need for the Exclusive Taste and Ferrari Collector achievements.
Whaa?! Why you use no SIM steering?! 😂

All assists off (including rewind off), manual with clutch, normal steering, and AI on professional difficulty with upgraded cars except for the prototype oval races where I set the cars to stock because the AI did faster laps at Motegi and Sedona than me.

Pretty much hardcore settings you have used there -very nice! It is a bit surprising that you used normal steering - but I guess there must a good reason that you have done that. I guess you used an joypad. You won every race, but did you have to restart some races? I'm asking because the AI is even on Pro diff. very dumb

I agree that grinding 40 mil. (and spending reallly a lot of time for that task) doesn't make much sense

Pretty much hardcore settings you have used there -very nice! It is a bit surprising that you used normal steering - but I guess there must a good reason that you have done that. I guess you used an joypad. You won every race, but did you have to restart some races? I'm asking because the AI is even on Pro diff. very dumb

I agree that grinding 40 mil. (and spending reallly a lot of time for that task) doesn't make much sense
Maybe he's using a wheel. I find many wheel users revert to normal steering as it doesn't need to "simulate" anything, it's already 1:1 with the players inputs relative to the front wheels, if that makes sense.

On a controller, however, you'd always want to use sim steering as it "simulates" realistic driving on an analogue stick!

Maybe he's using a wheel. I find many wheel users revert to normal steering as it doesn't need to "simulate" anything, it's already 1:1 with the players inputs relative to the front wheels, if that makes sense.

On a controller, however, you'd always want to use sim steering as it "simulates" realistic driving on an analogue stick!
Nope, I use a controller. Sim steering feels way too slidey for me, but that’s probably because I go full tilt on the analog stick when I steer. I’ll admit it’s not too bad with FWD and AWD cars, but it’s borderline undrivable with high-power RWD cars. No way I’m going to mess with controller settings to make it slightly more manageable!

I’m a fan of FM2/3’s driving model too, so I feel at home with normal steering. Also obligatory challenging ≠ realistic.

Last edited:
Nope, I use a controller. Sim steering feels way too slidey for me, but that’s probably because I go full tilt on the analog stick when I steer. I’ll admit it’s not too bad with FWD and AWD cars, but it’s borderline undrivable with high-power RWD cars. No way I’m going to mess with controller settings to make it slightly more manageable!

I’m a fan of FM2/3’s driving model too, so I feel at home with normal steering. Also obligatory challenging ≠ realistic.
I also play with controller. Today I tried an simple rubber band mod on the controller and I must say it is makes a big difference. Controlling the car is much more precise with it.

I also play with controller. Today I tried an simple rubber band mod on the controller and I must say it is makes a big difference. Controlling the car is much more precise with itive never

I also play with controller. Today I tried an simple rubber band mod on the controller and I must say it is makes a big difference. Controlling the car is much more precise with it.
I've never had to use a rubber band for precise control and have sim steering on with 0/100 Deadzones. Control is as precise as can be.

Last edited:
good for you. I guess you got used to it and don’t need any changes. In my case it is different and the rubber band is big help for me and the way I drive.

Last edited:
What is the rubber band method? I want to try FM4 again but I usually play on a wheel and I don't have a 360 compatible one so it's a bit challenging for me to get used to it.

take a thin rubber band and wrap it around the left thumbstick several times.
The rubber band adds resistance to the stick. You will need to find out what is the best portion of resistance that fits your driving style

Attachments

• IMG_20220204_191908.jpg
    IMG_20220204_191908.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back