Forza 4 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 579 comments
I was watching one of the "first 15 minutes" videos and noticed that the stupid "WTF is a brake petal?" AI has returned to FM4. Now, I've seen this type of AI before, but the only problem is, other than Forza 3 and 4, the only games I've seen it in are arcade sims and kart racers. Mario kart has the "perfect when behind you, stupid when ahead" AI to make it seem challenging...but...it just doesn't seem right in a "serious" racing sim...Not that Forza takes itself too seriously obviously, but still...I like GT5's AI better...at least they don't forget about the brake pedal.

Later in the game it happens very rarely, FM's AI shouldn't even be compared to GT5's , it is just another level. AI racers do nothing in GT5 at all, just robots doing their job perfectly.

I was watching one of the "first 15 minutes" videos and noticed that the stupid "WTF is a brake petal?" AI has returned to FM4. Now, I've seen this type of AI before, but the only problem is, other than Forza 3 and 4, the only games I've seen it in are arcade sims and kart racers. Mario kart has the "perfect when behind you, stupid when ahead" AI to make it seem challenging...but...it just doesn't seem right in a "serious" racing sim...Not that Forza takes itself too seriously obviously, but still...I like GT5's AI better...at least they don't forget about the brake pedal.

Believe me, the AI knows the brake pedal exists. They use it far too often where it isn't even remotely necessary. Only on occasion (say you've restarted a race two, three times) will the AI shoot off into a corner without attempting to brake whatsoever.

I will say this though: I do not care for Forza's or GT's AI. Both lack any intelligence their initialized name implies.

From what I've seen (semi-Pro Season right now), the AI knows nothing but the brake paddle... There have been a few times when they carried too much speed and flew off the track, but that usually happened when they had someone on their tail for a while.

Anyone else having connection issues?

I tried to join a room today 4 times and every time it gave me an error message saying it couldn't connect. I was also having trouble uploading pics yesterday.

I can still access rivals mode and car clubs though.

From what I've seen (semi-Pro Season right now), the AI knows nothing but the brake paddle... There have been a few times when they carried too much speed and flew off the track, but that usually happened when they had someone on their tail for a while.

Ive seen that too, ill be driving and the guy in the front will just keep driving into a wall, its quiet wonderful :).

I tried to join a room today 4 times and every time it gave me an error message saying it couldn't connect. I was also having trouble uploading pics yesterday.

Yeah, I had trouble last night. I was able to get into a few rooms, then I couldn't anymore. Or upload pictures, and also access Rivals (although, you said that's working today, so that's good).

Damm my thiumb hurts had the LCE since Thursday Afternoon :guilty:

Can't leave it alone , its like a drug :dopey:

But i've got to level 41 and i'm really enjoying the game lots an lots 👍

Damm my thiumb hurts had the LCE since Thursday Afternoon :guilty:

Can't leave it alone , its like a drug :dopey:

But i've got to level 41 and i'm really enjoying the game lots an lots 👍

:) I am glad for ya , u was in my ps buddy list , I've remember you've played a lots with GT5 . Im at level 40 yet in FM4, but I enjoying every World Tour races , amazing to drive these beautiful high detailed cars! :cheers:

Oni
Ive seen that too, ill be driving and the guy in the front will just keep driving into a wall, its quiet wonderful :).

That's what I'm talking about, though. The AI did that in FM3 a lot. If a couple were a head of you, it'd take maybe a lap for them to drive headlong into a wall...at full speed. Which isn't simulating reality. No race car driver is going to drive himself straight into a wall even if he's being pressured. He might over cook a corner and spin out or take a bad line, but he's not gonna commit suicide.

I am glad that it goes away as you progress through FM4, though.

That's what I'm talking about, though. The AI did that in FM3 a lot. If a couple were a head of you, it'd take maybe a lap for them to drive headlong into a wall...at full speed. Which isn't simulating reality. No race car driver is going to drive himself straight into a wall even if he's being pressured. He might over cook a corner and spin out or take a bad line, but he's not gonna commit suicide.

I am glad that it goes away as you progress through FM4, though.

Broken steering column.

Yessir. Starting last night around 9pm CST and even 7am this morning I would get server offline messages when at the auction house.

T10 is posting on the official Forza forum that they're aware of the issue and their techs are working on it.

Does the AI ever stop being stupid?

I'm level 28, I think, doing the A V8 GT championships at suzuka and before the 1st corner, my car is a wreck. One guy cuts inside and brakes way, way, way early. I have to go left wheels on the grass. He moves over but the guy behind me is going full speed way past the braking point so evenw hen I brake late, I get rear ended. I end up going head on into the barrier. When I catch back up, the guy who rear ended me, has a grudge and runs me into another guy. Now I have 2 AI cars ramming me every chance they get.

I've noticed that once I make any contact, no matter how small, accidental or not, the AI becomes very vindictive.

Sold a car in auctionhouse, did not recive any credits. Got try again message but try again where? My auction is gone and my car is gone.

The official Forza 4 website is a complete joke.

It never works and every time I click on "My Forza" it takes me to Froza 3 :/

Been like this every time I check it. I'm getting sick of it now.

Been away for the weekend.
Tried one public lobby today. Cars flying all over the place.
Has this been happening to all.

What have I missed guys?

I wish I could answer that, Spagetti.

My LCE finally came in. I'm not playing it yet, as I wish to start the game with the Peugeot 908 among other things, you know? :P So, uh, a few more hours and I'll be ready.

I wish I could answer that, Spagetti.

My LCE finally came in. I'm not playing it yet, as I wish to start the game with the Peugeot 908 among other things, you know? :P So, uh, a few more hours and I'll be ready.

Start off small eh.

It's not so much about wanting to leave every opponent an a 1 mile-long dust cloud. I've heard about the AI (in World Tour mode) going nuts, so to speak, quicker after something like that than doing it 'the right way'. I'm just a bit wary on starting World Tour mode due to the AI alone. :/ When I do approach it, I plan to do so carefully. Anyways, in regards to the 908: I'll have it ready for the events that require it.

What I'm referring to is how much space I need to install the content from both discs. I don't have a hard drive as I have a 4GB 360 S with a 16GB USB stick (that's about fully used up) and a 4GB stick that I'm formatting just in case. I just only want the tracks and cars.

Back