Forza 4 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 579 comments
Merged skidmark's thread concerning AI difficulty with this one.

Let's keep this place tidy, folks.

I am getting the same times and lift pre-patch and post-patch in the drag. Others are reporting the same, so something else has been changed.

I am getting the same times and lift pre-patch and post-patch in the drag. Others are reporting the same, so something else has been changed.

Yeah, I'm getting a bit more wheel spin now. It's not a huge difference but I think Drag tires should grip more anyway even pre-patch.

I'll bet it's to do with the fact that you don't do a pre-run burn out to warm up the tires, hence the seemingly lack of grip.

I'll bet it's to do with the fact that you don't do a pre-run burn out to warm up the tires, hence the seemingly lack of grip.

Hmm, Strange that they are not doing the same thing that they did in the FM3 patch where the tires are already hot at the start.

Never noticed that, though I never had the tire heat monitor on.

Yeah it was in the patch to help improve the drag racing in FM3. The tires were at their hottest temp just at the start. Didn't help a ton though but it did just a tiny bit. I think it would help much more if it was done in FM4 with the new drag tires.

Unfortunately, Wal-Mart. But then again, better Wal-Mart than Best Buy. A real shame folks who preordered from there got the shaft. :/

Also, nice to see someone from the UP on these here forums!

You from here or been here?

Funny thing is I went to the Walmart up here yesterday and they had 2 LCEs on the shelf.

I did. I've been tracking the thing via FedEx, but it hasn't been updated since it departed from Grove City yesterday morning. :/

How far is Grove City from you? Might just be a long distance and it hasn't been put through any more post offices yet.

Like I said then, sometimes packages travel a long distance before getting to the next destination, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was on a truck.

Raises hand:) Mine is coming from Grove City too on Fed-Ex. They finally updated it and it now says its in Henderson, CO. Only a few hours away but not supposed to get here till Monday.:irked:

Raises hand:) Mine is coming from Grove City too on Fed-Ex. They finally updated it and it now says its in Henderson, CO. Only a few hours away but not supposed to get here till Monday.:irked:

Go to the Fed Ex location and pick it up. That's what I would do with the weekend coming up.

I'd love to but got weekend plans anyway with the family already:) Not totally sure how much i want to play it right now anyways with the Fanatec credits problem:irked: Just got my CSR yesterday. Been playing some Forza 3 while I'm waiting.

Well I've been at 50 for probably a year and a half:) Just trying to finish up all the events in the event list. It is immensely more fun with a wheel that's for sure.

Getting to 50 isn't incredibly hard. It's just trying to make sure that data doesn't go away in accidental mishaps. That, or transferring it correctly. :/ I had to restart because of a faulty hard drive at one point. Good times, good times!

Well, my dad came home (at last) after a few drinks at around 10.30pm and handed me the FM4:LCE and went to bed. Its not 2.45am and I have just finished my first session!

I am in love, this is too much fun. If I didnt have work in the morning I would keep on playing.

I was watching one of the "first 15 minutes" videos and noticed that the stupid "WTF is a brake petal?" AI has returned to FM4. Now, I've seen this type of AI before, but the only problem is, other than Forza 3 and 4, the only games I've seen it in are arcade sims and kart racers. Mario kart has the "perfect when behind you, stupid when ahead" AI to make it seem challenging...but...it just doesn't seem right in a "serious" racing sim...Not that Forza takes itself too seriously obviously, but still...I like GT5's AI better...at least they don't forget about the brake pedal.

Back