Forza 4 Sound vs GT5 Sound

Canada
Vancouver, BC
liampage123
People say Forza sounds better. IMO its just as bad as GT5. Forzas sound are too ronchy and distorted, and all the cars sound like they are jacked with steriods.

A stock Fiat 500 sounds like it has a header back exhaust.

IMO, both games sounds are not good. GT5 is very digital, and Forza sounds bad.

The thing is with these two games, they sound like games.

For example, the latest NFS Most Wanted. It sounds great! Almost gives me goosebumps. It does not sound like a game, it sound real, the sounds are identical.

leave your comments down below.

Need for speed shift 2 wins out of any of them hands down. I think Forza's sound is a little better than gt5. The muscle cars sound proper, the imports sound proper, the game all around just sounds.... better.

if you want my thoughts i say forza has better quality sound but gt5 nails everything else so its a better game lol forza if horrible

I'll likely get some weird looks for this but bear with me..

I prefer GT5.

If you fit Titanium Racing to everything, everything sounds bad (Bar a few exceptions I can count with my fingers) However I think GT5 nails the overall sound though their recording method is lacking at best, especially on muscle cars. Those are the main offenders.

Um.. I think Forza does it better in some ways, sure. But GT5 has a better.. smell to it?
It's so weird to describe but playing Forza feels surreal, the engine sounds particularly.

However, you get into a '69 GT40 and you forget all about that and listen to the sound of hellfire from the exhaust.. beautiful.

All in all, both games need work in the sound department.

forza wins for engine noises hands down. ive played forza 4 almost every single evening after work since its releas and only moved to gt5 recently. forzas engine sounds are very very good, they do sound very much like real. GT engine notes just aren't as good, i mean dont get me wrong they are far from rubbish but alot of the cars in GT just sound like bumble bees on crack, the v8s are worst for that.

Since I've gotten a good headset, GT5 doesn't sound too bad. I tried Shift 2 and hated the car sounds as much as the screwy physics. Stock Miatas and GTI's sounded like they had race engines, please. It did have more interesting "car noises" but after a while they just sounded generic and predictable.

I want stock vehicles exhausts to sound like stock vehicles exhausts not like some boy racer fantasy video game. Wish GT5 had intake sounds. With headphones I can hear the low turbo whoosh that I couldn't before, I'm enjoying that now.

yall are crazy if you dont like the sound of the cars just play the better game which is gt5 and mute it and rock out to some tunes... like country for muscle rock for super cars and rap for jdm it all works

I prefer GT5.

If you fit Titanium Racing to everything, everything sounds bad (Bar a few exceptions I can count with my fingers) However I think GT5 nails the overall sound though their recording method is lacking at best, especially on muscle cars. Those are the main offenders.

Um.. I think Forza does it better in some ways, sure. But GT5 has a better.. smell to it?
It's so weird to describe but playing Forza feels surreal, the engine sounds particularly.

However, you get into a '69 GT40 and you forget all about that and listen to the sound of hellfire from the exhaust.. beautiful.

I have to agree with you that both games engine sounds need work. Honestly. I love the accuracy of Forza 4's engine sounds, but they're a bit too aggressive sounding for stock cars and from what I've noticed so far from playing Forza is that exhaust upgrades have no effect on the sound of any of the cars because they already sound upgraded. My biggest gripe with most videos games are the GT-R R32, R33, and R34. Has any studio ever heard what a stock RB26 sounds like. All you gotta do is watch older clips of Best Motoring on youtube their are plenty. The RB26 in Forza 4 sounds like that RB in Tokyo Drift except a lot more bland. It has no bass and growl it's very disappointing. It's gotten to a point where if I wanna experience a decent feel of what it's like to drive a GT-R I just play GT5 over Forza. I must say that is one car where Polyphony just shines pretty much. Even the sound in my opinion for the RB motor in GT5 blows Forza 4 out of the water.

But what killed it for me was Mines R34. In GT5p, I was very pleased with the N1 RB26DETT in GT5 they destroyed. I feel like as a company you have to realize what you have already done well and leave it alone. If it's not broke don't fix it. I'm even thinking of sending them a message asking them to revert the Mines engine sound from GT5 back to how it was in prologue. It's abyssal right now. Forza still wins hands down though. GT5 has better sound quality but just almost completely lacks any accuracy as far as car sounds.

Last edited:
yall are crazy if you dont like the sound of the cars just play the better game which is gt5 and mute it and rock out to some tunes... like country for muscle rock for super cars and rap for jdm it all works

… What?

In both Forza and GT5 the LFA and 787B sound the same.

No, they really don't.

While I would agree, in the lower spec cars, Forza does embelish the sounds quite a lot but the base sound is correct with some simple post effects added to make them sound more beastly for people using very basic audio systems. Another weak point in Forza is Overrun and gear changes especially in high end european cars.

I'm sure it's great for them but for people like me with large speakers or high end headsets it doesn't make sense and I'm sure most of us would like the option for "raw" sounds so to speak. That said, the cars in Forza sound real. They sound like real engines in real cars through real exhausts. They have that ever present dirtyness to them that real performance cars have.

Every time I listen to some sort of recording of GT5 wether it's off screen or direct feed I always hear the same clinical synthetic noise with every car.

People say Forza sounds better. IMO its just as bad as GT5. Forzas sound are too ronchy and distorted, and all the cars sound like they are jacked with steriods.

A stock Fiat 500 sounds like it has a header back exhaust.

IMO, both games sounds are not good. GT5 is very digital, and Forza sounds bad.

The thing is with these two games, they sound like games.

For example, the latest NFS Most Wanted. It sounds great! Almost gives me goosebumps. It does not sound like a game, it sound real, the sounds are identical.

leave your comments down below.
That's a bit ironic. NFS games, outside of Shift/2, are notorious for cranking all their engine sounds to 11 to get that loud, almost identical sound.

But, the truth is, the cars while loud, aren't that loud.

Forza has a better sound than GT5 but it's a close win because GT5 sound is not too bad if you don't upgrade your exhaust but yeah from what the other guy said Shift 2 definitely has better sound but the handling is horrible.

It's ok, pCars is coming.
when?
I've seen nothing but trailers but never a release date or console generation it will come to

To at least be a bit on topic: I've never played Forza so could not comment on that sound. NSF shift2 has great sound but the handling is horrible.

There are very few cars in GT5 that sounds correct but the few that do (hello stock Challenger SRT-8) are pretty good. I prefer Forza's cranked up but still accurate engine sounds.

Makes me laugh when people defend GT5 engine sounds. They are pretty weak even with a good sound system.

I prefer GT5.

However, you get into a '69 GT40 and you forget all about that and listen to the sound of hellfire from the exhaust.. beautiful..

Ah, the usual reasoning from a GT fan why something is better. "It's that feel, that touch, you can't describe it. It's definitely better though for that reason though, yup".

Forza cars tend to sound scratchy and overly loud, but more annoying being that they do a really bad job of telling you where they are in relation to the "camera." On the other hand, a distressing amount of GT5 cars have problems sounding like cars.

I know which one I prefer.

I prefer GT5.

What you said is what I have a heard time to explain. Forza just doesnt sound right. When you dont put titianum exhaust on GT, the sounds arent really that bad.

if you want my thoughts i say forza has better quality sound but gt5 nails everything else so its a better game lol forza if horrible

We already have a GT vs FM thread and one for physics, if you want to discuss other areas of the games aside from sound then use those.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=226995

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=275742

Oh and the AUP you agreed to when you joined contains this....

AUP
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

....and its not optional.

And that what the Forza 4 people CANT understand! Its very frustrating.

Understand what? The titanium exhaust isn't the only thing that causes problems. The Semi-racing exhaust breaks just as many cars (and the sport exhaust to a lesser extent); and you're starting off with the assumption that the cars sounded accurate to begin with.

Ah, the usual reasoning from a GT fan why something is better. "It's that feel, that touch, you can't describe it. It's definitely better though for that reason though, yup".

Except I'm a big fan of both games.
If you'd like to try again without resorting to petty flinging matches that would be appreciated.

And that what the Forza 4 people CANT understand! Its very frustrating.

I've spent the vast majority of my working life around cars and have followed motorsport up close and personal since I was a kid, what I can't understand is how anyone can think that GT5's sounds (regardless of stock or modified) are even close to how cars sound .

It's not just Forza people (whatever they are) as just about any racing title you care to mention gets a lot closer than the GT series does audio wise, but rather the utter refusal by a small group to acknowledge that GT's sounds still need a considerable amount of work that causes frustration to far more that the "Forza People" (nice new dig - don't like GT, why you must be Forza people).

What you said is what I have a heard time to explain. Forza just doesnt sound right. When you dont put titianum exhaust on GT, the sounds arent really that bad.
But, they are. The sole fact you have to add the titanium exhaust to make them sound "not that bad", should tell you PD did a horrendous job.

Shouldn't have to add an aftermarket exhaust in the game just to get a realistic sounding car.

Forza sounds brillant in my opinion, cars sound like the do in real life. Just are a Honda civic put in both games nuff said

Can Sony update the sound to this game? I must admit its not what i expect to hear, the Lambo sounds like a bee.
I think they have on a few occasions. I believe the HSV GT500 got an update & sounded much better afterwards.

Back