Forza 5 and the direction it should go

hennessey_86 and GTP_evox
hennessey861
I can't speak for all of you but I want turn 10 to up the realism in Forza 5, I hope that the next iteration of Forza is released on next gen hardware. This will give Turn 10 the power they need to really work on the physics and get them up there with the best PC sims like iracing. Don't get me wrong I think the phyisics in Forza are the best on all consoles but they are still lacking when compared to the best. Also I want more realistic tracks especially the ring. I think Turn 10 have done a fantastic job creating Forza 4 for 6 year old console and getting it to the level it is at because its the best racing game you can get on a console. But I think there is room for improvement in certain departments and then the game will be untouchable.

Race disciplines. Flags, qualy, race.

No more sticky grass. Real stop and go penalties.

Real world tracks.

Packs of cars in a real series. DTM, STCC, etc. etc.

I dont think it would drive people away, I think it would actually interest more folks.

Real world tracks.

I dont think it would drive people away, I think it would actually interest more folks.

I think the game has reached a level where they can NOW focus on those things. I think earlier versions of the game trying to do this would have been too ambitious but I think they can pull off some of that stuff now and the rest later in FM5. Pretty much everything above tracks save for FM5. Tracks and below can be done now.

What I really want are more real tracks, more point to point style tracks.
And number one, I want cars with an in dash nav screen to display a track map on said screen, its annoying to see that huge blank space there. And get the R-34 GTR digital meters working.
I'd also really appreciate a re-work of the livery system, fix the glitches from FM2 already.

Sorry for being the broken record here, but... night racing. I mean, if it's possible on a next-gen console Forza, then I'm all for it. Kinda gets boring being able to only play on LaSarthe in the day. Plus, there's some of the night tracks in the original Forza that haven't been brought back in any of the other games, like Pacific Shipyards and Tokyo. I'm all for the above mentioned (as in mentioned in the earlier posts) improvements, too.

If Forza 5 is released on the Xbox 360...

- More cars.
- More tracks.
- More Autovista cars.
- Expanded split-screen mode. Allow two players to complete career events together as a team and earn extra credits.

If Forza 5 is released on the next-gen Xbox...

- Dynamic time/weather.
- Improved graphics/physics.
- Higher number of cars in races. (24 cars in endurance races, for example.)

A free roam mode, so people could use these great physics in a road car setting at last. TDU2 is there for the taking thanks to its sloppy physics. The maps wouldn't have to be huge and a couple from each region (USA, Europe & Japan) would be a nice start.

I think something like a PCH setting and a New England setting similar to the scenery in Maple Valley for the USA. Germany's Black Forest and English Moorland for Europe and a neon Tokyo-esque city and a beautiful, cherry blossom prefecture for Japan.

As a tool for forzatographers, meeting place for the car culture this game breeds and somewhere new for the series to go, it'd be ideal.

What I would like to see from Forza 5 is a career mode that feels more like a sports game

- Sponsors
-What the media and other racers say about your driver
-race invites
-rivals
-invites to race for GT teams and NASCAR teams
-objectives from your GT team e.g "acquire at least 6 championship points next race"
-being fired from the team for missing too many objectives
-optional qualifying and harsher race penalties as "Vaxxtx" mentioned
-Championship points, no gold, silver, bronze medals (even for smaller club races)
-Each event to be a mini championship season with 5 or more races that award championship points
-changing some of the AI drivers and their cars from "season to season"
-making some of the AI drivers have better "AI" than others, regardless of difficulty e.g your AI rivals will always be "smarter" and have similar race times to you
-higher class races for lower end cars, example " S class 70's muscle car shootout"

Just anything to make your career mode experience feel like a career mode in any other sports game. These are not huge changes but I feel it would make the next game much more enjoyable

^^ I like those ideas. More of a 'career' with championships, instead of 3 separate 2 or 3 lap races like we have now. Qualifying, flags, and more real life series'. BTCC, WTCC, DTM, and maybe some open wheelers.
Not asking for much :P

Better sound. I want it to sound like this:

gtr3.com

------------------

Ultra-wide view (black bars / letterbox) That helps those who can't afford 3 xbox's and 3 tv's get a similar wide angle view with a big tv.

-----

drag racing - super sticky track, christmas tree, staging w/ possible foul start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jPqtjciinE

------

Different classes of online races. - Rookie, Average, Veteran, Expert, Professional. The more you win the more you "level up". Plus it's more fun to race in your class. They could do something similar to Iracing where you have to earn the right to race. (clean record)

Real world tracks.

ToCA3 had the flags...UNBELIEVABLY annoying when it didn't work right. Like when you'd get a course cut flag for avoiding an accident.

Tracks and/or more varied gameplay modes for things to do. Basically what VXR said.

I'd likely be in the minority, but I would be happy if FM5 added as many tracks as it did new cars.

Sorry for being the broken record here, but... night racing. I mean, if it's possible on a next-gen console Forza, then I'm all for it. Kinda gets boring being able to only play on LaSarthe in the day. Plus, there's some of the night tracks in the original Forza that haven't been brought back in any of the other games, like Pacific Shipyards and Tokyo. I'm all for the above mentioned (as in mentioned in the earlier posts) improvements, too.

This. I would drive for hours on Le Sarthe with the time changing.

ToCA3 had the flags...UNBELIEVABLY annoying when it didn't work right. Like when you'd get a course cut flag for avoiding an accident.

But the sticky grass isnt annoying? One of my biggest complaints of FM4. Also, with flag options on/off, I am sure it would be fine.

But the sticky grass isnt annoying? One of my biggest complaints of FM4. Also, with flag options on/off, I am sure it would be fine.

Trust me, it is as well. We were talking about flags though so that's what I referenced. ;]

overall:
-better graphics/physics engine as expected
-different weather modes, rain, snow, etc. but non-dynamic...
-include PORSCHE, fix whatever went wrong...
-more grand prix circuits
-addition of kart racing
-break laps times down to sectors

for the online racing aspect...just some personal preferences:
-penalties/flags
-driving reputation that other players can vote on
-qualifications for racing, such as a good rep
-temporary banning of bad drivers, or create "first corner crash" party for them
-double the length of standard online races, or at least increase by 50%. (4 laps-->6 laps)
-longer intermissions after longer races(some people need a cigg)
-ability to invite friends to public party you're currently in
-less freezing up before the race starts(where it loads you back to menus)

They need to fix the menus. They are years behind even GT5 when it comes to organization and getting where you want to go.
Let's say I just tuned a car and want to sell it. To do that, I have to select a different car first, then look for the car I just tuned and go though more menus to finally sell.
I want to be able to sort cars by most used/recently used/hp/weight. Not just drivetrain/class/make.

A "last-used" sort would be incredibly handy. I've taken to the custom-folder method, but that would be a welcome addition, agreed. As for the selling of cars... why do both games fear the user not being in a car? Let me sell the one I'm in, big deal, just say "no car" until I get in a new one!

Semi-related, and maybe I've just been missing it all these months - is there an easy way to change the equipped parts other than the Upgrade Shop itself? Say, in the tuning menu, like GT? If not, that's one thing I definitely could use, as that's an annoying quirk and a source of plenty of lost time for me. If I've just been missing it the whole time - doh.

Otherwise, I like the focused menus as opposed to the sprawl of GT5. Some other things, off the top of my head, that I wouldn't mind seeing in FM5 (some not entirely reasonable):

• Take engine swaps further. Allow me to swap down, instead of only up - let me put the 1M's engine in the M3 for a quasi-335is. I get the sneaking suspicion sometimes that the engine swap weights aren't entirely accurate - make them more so!
  • In a similar vein, allow me to shrink rims. Plenty of race series have a limit on rim size, and lots of modern road cars exceed that - let me bring them down to the right size when I'm turning my road car into a track monster!
  • About the rims - give us inter-manufacturer swaps. I know licensing isn't the reason this isn't done, as GT4 did it fine. E92 rims on the 1M, or other such swaps, would really give us a lot of options. And it doesn't even require additional modelling time - it's all already in the game.
  • Though yeah, new aftermarket rims would never hurt ;)
  • Crack open the paint shop. Instead of just Normal and Metallic (and colour-shift), give us other finishes, like pearl, matte, and chrome. And proper white wheels. Maybe even let us paint individual wheels.
  • For all that is good, please Microsoft, if FM5 is on your next system, allow us to export images to a USB drive. Not use your servers for it. You're placing an absurdly low limit on people without having to constantly shuffle their storefront contents, and since support for one game is immediately yanked once the newest installment is out, you're undoubtedly hurting the players who haven't yet upgraded. By all means, keep the current storefront option, for people to showcase their best work (an in-game community is always fantastic), but let us expand our collection on our own computers too! This is especially needed for Big Shots.
  • Speaking of Photomode, I hate to say it, but follow PD's lead on a few things. Give us more panning mode options, more aspect ratio options, maybe even more control of the car itself in the Homespaces and/or Autovista (wheel angle, lights, doors, etc). I understand the use of sliders as opposed to real camera values (less intimidating to the average user), so keep those if you have to, and also keep whatever method you're using for depth of field - that's one area you shouldn't follow GT, as the bokeh there is just awful.
  • Some of the aftermarket wings surely are adjustable, right?
  • Toss out the 'Ring. Go recreate it. It's a glaring error in an otherwise awesome real life track list (even if Shift 2 still has the best one).
  • Obviously, drawing off that game's list wouldn't hurt :P
  • Next-system-dependant: Night racing and weather, please. I cannot wait until those are standard in the genre, really - turning them off for hot-lapping, of course, but for regular races, it absolutely brings an exciting edge to a game.
  • Tying in with the above - get more data from Pirelli. This partnership has transformed the physics, undoubtedly for the better, and I think they should definitely explore the relationship further. More data, including the obvious wet-weather data, would further cement their lead in the physics department.
  • If you can include things like the Fox, give me my Japanese Kei cars! The Cappy, Beat, and AZ-1 in particular, as they're at least as sporting as those city cars.
  • Kill the sticky grass. I recognize the desired intention, but find another option, preferably a user-selectable option. I like GT5's short-cutting penalty ideas, actually.
  • You do remember that people still play multi-player locally, right?
  • Free Run options in online rooms. I'm not always there for an immediate race - some of my best times online in GT5 have just been in an open lobby.

Er... that became a bit longer than expected, and sounds pretty critical. I'm still really, really enjoying FM4, but these are just some ideas :)

...is there an easy way to change the equipped parts other than the Upgrade Shop itself? Say, in the tuning menu, like GT?
The only way I know of is to save tuning setups with different parts on each. But you can use this to swap parts (and your PI class) in an online lobby, with the "Load Tuning Setup" option.

My comments on your list:
  • Take engine swaps further. -- Yes, please. Not everything has to be an increase in performance.
  • Crack open the paint shop. -- Metallic could be more metallic-y too. Not much difference as it is, IMO. And let us paint stock rims! Most of the time I add aftermarket rims just to paint them.
  • Night racing and weather, please. I cannot wait until those are standard in the genre... -- It's funny, in the 1990s those features were common. :)
  • Japanese Kei cars! -- More older Japanese cars too, please. Subaru Alcyone/SVX, Mazda/Eunos Cosmo (original and '90s), SA RX-7, Lancer Evo III, R30 Skyline, Z31 300ZX, Honda S800, '70s Civic RS, Prelude, A20 Celica, AE92 Corolla...all of these are plenty worthy in the context of the current list.
  • Free Run options in online rooms. -- And vice versa; "online" options in Free Run. Why should we need to pay for XBL Gold just to run a custom race against AI, with any number of laps??

The more I play the more I realize this game has a few tiny problems that make life very irritating. Yes, it's mostly to do with car sorting and things like that.

When looking for a car through search, make it so that when I select a CLASS, eliminate all the makes that don't have any cars with said CLASS. If I select CLASS R1 and want to drive a toyota, why do I still have to scroll through all 40 makes to get to T when only 2 others have R1 cars?

DECAL colors matching normal paint colors, not just NORMAL colors. Metallic, special and the like.

I seem to have forgotten the other stuff.

Oh yeah, a RESET TO DEFAULT option when in the garage and selecting a car. My game lags and chugs like no other due to the amount of cars I have but designs are at fault here as well.

I wanna see way more Aussie cars - There is more to Australia than the V8 supercars and the HSV W427!
I'd like to see them include more classic muscle cars, like A9X Torana's, HQ Monaro's, XY Falcon GT's, FJ Holdens - the list goes on! It would present a huge number of race opportunities, like re-creating a classic Bathurst 1000, or just a nostalgia-type muscle car race for instance.

That brings me to my next thing - Include some Aussie tracks! We've got loads of world class tracks here like Eastern Creek, Mt. Panorama, Philip Island, Sydney international drag way - and that's just a couple of them, I can think of at least 10 others which would be good!
Including some Australian tracks would actually make using the V8 super cars feel realistic, as they'd be racing on home ground where they're actually used in real life, not chasing down some dodge viper on Sebring, which I don't think has or will ever happen in the real world!

I'd like to see a couple of American hot rods - things like late 20's and early 30's Fords and Chevy's, these were the cars which started the whole nascar scene, so it might be a bit of fun doing an original race like that.
It'd be fun to modify them with classic flathead or y-block engines, as well as taking them round a twisty circuit or somewhere like Fujimi Kaido, or maybe a few dirt racing tracks! (like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yd-0-eCZPY ). The hot rod scene is pretty big in Japan as well as Germany among other places so to people in the know it would feel somewhat realistic, if you don't know what I'm talking about check it out here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNYJOZQsAKg.

More content available to those who can't afford xbox live! That'd be real nice!

I wouldn't mind seeing some (not an entire world, just SOME) open roads, such as the Transalpina Highway in Romania or like the road that can be seen in that home space. It would be good if you didn't want the hassle of driving a race, and just wanted to drive at your own pace on a mountain road somewhere...

More focus on drag racing! More realistic pre-stages would be a nice change! Also the ability to build a gasser, or maybe some top fuel or doorslammer cars. User controlled pre-race burnouts to gain traction for take off would be a nice realistic effect.

Changes in weather would be nice, or night time driving.

I'd like more freedom with the cosmetic side of modifying things. Sort of like need for speed underground 2, how there was heaps of spoiler style choices, and roof scoops, hoods, tail and headlights etc. It's not bad in F4, but with some cars you only get one choice of rear wing, and there are sometimes no different options for hoods or front splitters...
I know it's meant to be a simulation racer and all that but a little more variety in body modifications for the less commonly used cars would be a welcome thing for those who want that super customised ride.

I'm pretty sure I could think of other stuff but that'll probably do for now!

Yes, come on, even GT5 has this!

I hope better replay FF and rewind controls aren't too much to ask for. They could use some work.

While I do see the merit of working on more new stuff, I would really like T10 to go and look at their stuff from F2 and redo some of it.

Legacy stuff like the Nurburgring and older car models which can be refreshed so they match the quality of the newer stuff made post F3 DLC.

There are a lot of great suggestions in this thread. I would like to see most of those in the game, along with a real life racing series.

Include the Grand Am Rolex racing series within the game. Add the Daytona Prototype cars, GT series cars, liveries, ALL the Grand Am tracks, (Watkins Glen, Lime Rock Park, etc...). For me that would be a home run.

Back