Forza 5 and the direction it should go

They need to fix the menus. They are years behind even GT5 when it comes to organization and getting where you want to go.

Evidently you haven't played GT5. GT5's menus were unadulterated crap. I always wished they were more like Forza. Someone at PD must have figured we would be playing GT5 with a mouse because the menus were designed to be navigated like they were on a PC game and we click on the various blocks scattered about the screen.

I can't speak for all of you but I want turn 10 to up the realism in Forza 5, I hope that the next iteration of Forza is released on next gen hardware. This will give Turn 10 the power they need to really work on the physics and get them up there with the best PC sims like iracing. Don't get me wrong I think the phyisics in Forza are the best on all consoles but they are still lacking when compared to the best. Also I want more realistic tracks especially the ring. I think Turn 10 have done a fantastic job creating Forza 4 for 6 year old console and getting it to the level it is at because its the best racing game you can get on a console. But I think there is room for improvement in certain departments and then the game will be untouchable.

SPOT on! Couldn't agree more.

Race disciplines. Flags, qualy, race.

No more sticky grass. Real stop and go penalties.

Real world tracks.

Packs of cars in a real series. DTM, STCC, etc. etc.

I dont think it would drive people away, I think it would actually interest more folks.

Welcome additions. All o them.

More tracks, completely redone suspension/mechanical physics, more interesting obscure/crappy cars, better damage, better AI

Yes..YES..!

Sorry for being the broken record here, but... night racing. I mean, if it's possible on a next-gen console Forza, then I'm all for it. Kinda gets boring being able to only play on LaSarthe in the day. Plus, there's some of the night tracks in the original Forza that haven't been brought back in any of the other games, like Pacific Shipyards and Tokyo. I'm all for the above mentioned (as in mentioned in the earlier posts) improvements, too.

Track selection, night racing, weather effects... I'll have a major serving of that waiter!

If Forza 5 is released on the Xbox 360...

- More cars.
- More tracks.
- More Autovista cars.
- Expanded split-screen mode. Allow two players to complete career events together as a team and earn extra credits.

If Forza 5 is released on the next-gen Xbox...

- Dynamic time/weather.
- Improved graphics/physics.
- Higher number of cars in races. (24 cars in endurance races, for example.)

They will not be releasing this on current-gen as the current hardware cannot do night driving and weather effects at 60 fps. They want to keep their baby purring smoothly at 60 fps, and with the addition of new tracks (hopefully) modelled more accurately in night and day, next gen hardware is going to fit the bill nicely. They've done all they prolly could with FM4 on the X360.

VXR
A free roam mode, so people could use these great physics in a road car setting at last. TDU2 is there for the taking thanks to its sloppy physics. The maps wouldn't have to be huge and a couple from each region (USA, Europe & Japan) would be a nice start.

I think something like a PCH setting and a New England setting similar to the scenery in Maple Valley for the USA. Germany's Black Forest and English Moorland for Europe and a neon Tokyo-esque city and a beautiful, cherry blossom prefecture for Japan.

As a tool for forzatographers, meeting place for the car culture this game breeds and somewhere new for the series to go, it'd be ideal.

Free roam with hardcore FM physics would really make any gear heads day!

Better sound. I want it to sound like this:

gtr3.com

------------------

Ultra-wide view (black bars / letterbox) That helps those who can't afford 3 xbox's and 3 tv's get a similar wide angle view with a big tv.

-----

drag racing - super sticky track, christmas tree, staging w/ possible foul start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jPqtjciinE

------

Different classes of online races. - Rookie, Average, Veteran, Expert, Professional. The more you win the more you "level up". Plus it's more fun to race in your class. They could do something similar to Iracing where you have to earn the right to race. (clean record)

Sounds are pretty good IMO, but they can always be improved. Particularly more varied tire screech effects depending on the road surface or choice of tires. Road noise has always been absent in the Forza games strangely. And more pronounced wind noise effects.

As far as engine sounds go, I think with next-gen hardware they should be able to replicate EXACTLY what the cars sound like in real life! If that happens, I am putting my social life on hold until further notice!!

Back