Forza 5 audio crackling bug

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
I have tried several ways to resolve this issue but it is still present. The issue I have is after about 45 minutes to an hour of online racing against the AI, it starts to create an audio bug. Doesn't matter if I play through surround sound or the TV it still happens. You can see a video of it in my xbox.com profile called "F5 audio bug".

Time for some trial and error and notes.
1. Issue comes after about 45 minutes to an hour of online racing against the AI in a private lobby
2. At some point the the AI will be in the wrong class. Example: You have it set for A class and some of them end up in B class. Shortly after that, is when the audio bug appears.
3. Can also happen during the campaign or rivals or any other mode.
4. I have even tried re-installing F5 and this still does not help.
5. I also have my X1 setup to "power save mode". Still doesn't help.

To resolve the issue:
1. Go back to the home page and fully "quit" F5.
2. Restart the game.

Last edited:
I can confirm that it absolutely does happen during Rivals and other modes. I notice it most after prolonged period of gaming, maybe after about 1.5 hours.

I just restart my game and its fine, like you mentioned.

after reading your posts in the other thread @CAMAROBOY69 I started having this yesterday in my single player. so it's very nice to know that restarting the game will fix it because it was getting pretty ridiculous

Yes insanely frustrating. Hopefully we can figure out a work around for this stupid bug. :ouch::banghead:

Maybe someone can post on the officially Forza 5 forum and get some answers?? Almost every single person I know has had this audio bug at one point or another. :boggled:

2. At some point the the AI will be in the wrong class. Example: You have it set for A class and some of them end up in B class. Shortly after that, is when the audio bug appears.

Does this usually happen after you've just done a race in one class and then change to another? I've played a lot in online lobbies with AI and have noticed that if you do a race in one class and then next race change the restrictions to another class around half the AI will remain in the class you used before, usually to fix that I just remove all AI and then put them back on so they're using the correct class.

I have experienced the sound bug before in rivals mode a couple of times but that's it.

Does this usually happen after you've just done a race in one class and then change to another? I've played a lot in online lobbies with AI and have noticed that if you do a race in one class and then next race change the restrictions to another class around half the AI will remain in the class you used before, usually to fix that I just remove all AI and then put them back on so they're using the correct class.

I have experienced the sound bug before in rivals mode a couple of times but that's it.
Fixing the AI is easy. I just remove them and replace them. However, shortly after that happens, the audio bug follows. Once it starts it will never every stop until you "quit" out of F5 from the dashboard and restart it.

I have not had the audio bug in rivals yet. But I also have not spent that much time in rivals mode yet. I have a feeling that whenever I spend about an hour with this game, I will get the audio bug no matter what. Good thing I got F5 for free.

Fixing the AI is easy. I just remove them and replace them. However, shortly after that happens, the audio bug follows.

It's a coincidence. I virtually never multiplay and normally play for no more than thirty minutes at a time and I've had the audio crackle several times, even during the first race of that play session. The audio issue is unrelated to multiplayer and unrelated to wrong car classes in lobbies.

It's a coincidence. I virtually never multiplay and normally play for no more than thirty minutes at a time and I've had the audio crackle several times, even during the first race of that play session. The audio issue is unrelated to multiplayer and unrelated to wrong car classes in lobbies.
I will keep an eye on it but so far EVERY time the AI switches class, the audio bug follows. EVERY single time. In fact I even called it last night to a friend playing with me. Right after I switched the AI I told him the audio bug would be happening. That exact first race after the AI, it happened. So that's quite an incredible coincidence IMO.

I can confirm it's not related to the online or there are switching because I was racing by myself all day yesterday and had it happen. what I have personally noticed is that it seems like it starts for me a lot more often on Long Beach and especially when you go under the overpasses and the bass gets louder almost like it's maxing out the consoles audio range is the same kind of sound I get in my dad's car when I have my phone connected but the volume turned up to high.

I can confirm it's not related to the online or there are switching because I was racing by myself all day yesterday and had it happen. what I have personally noticed is that it seems like it starts for me a lot more often on Long Beach and especially when you go under the overpasses and the bass gets louder almost like it's maxing out the consoles audio range is the same kind of sound I get in my dad's car when I have my phone connected but the volume turned up to high.
That might be one thing to cause it, as that does get pretty loud( I actually love that haha :P) but i had it happen on any track that I would spend to much time on.

That might be one thing to cause it, as that does get pretty loud( I actually love that haha :P) but i had it happen on any track that I would spend to much time on.
Yup its any track. I had it happen on Bathurst (Mount Panorama) last night and that does not have any bridges at all.

Crazy how its been 10 months and no fix. I guess they're going flat out on Forza 6.
I guess its not that surprising since some of the audio bugs were also never fixed in F4. Just shows how unfinished F5 truly is the more I play it. Oh well hopefully 6 will be better.

T10 have always lacked on updates and things of that nature. There wasnt much updating done on Fm4 either.
Exactly. I still truly LOVE F4. Had very little complaints of that game. It is my favorite of the series by far.

I guess its not that surprising since some of the audio bugs were also never fixed in F4. Just shows how unfinished F5 truly is the more I play it. Oh well hopefully 6 will be better.

Forza 5 audio bug seems more prevalent than any other Forza game reading other forums. I've got F3/F4 but never had audio issues, don't remember reading much about them at the time.

Anyway, are you able to try other audio streams in the XB1 settings

Forza 5 audio bug seems more prevalent than any other Forza game reading other forums. I've got F3/F4 but never had audio issues, don't remember reading much about them at the time.
I agree 100%. Very noticeable in F5 to the point of utter frustration.

As for the F4 audio bug. I only heard it a couple times on a specific track. The track with all the tight corners that was on all the cobblestone. Had a tall clock. On that track I would hear minor crackle audio bugs but really only that track. Forgot the name of it. Reminds me of the GT4 Cote d' Azar track from GT4.

EDIT I remember it was Positano. We always called it pistachio. haha That specific track had minor audio issues once in a while for sure. But I never thought anything of it. Now it makes more sense.

I've only experienced it in private lobby once, never any where else. guess I'm lucky
That's the only place I have experienced it so far. But my time with F5 has been very limited. Been so busy this summer hardly had any gaming time .

Happened to me after a few hours of online yesterday. Though it only persisted for a couple races, and seemed to stop once me and my friend changed lobbies.

What exactly does it sound like? I had a weird deal in private A.I. lobby the other day. My car was the only one that made any regular noise. The other cars had a low drone.

What exactly does it sound like? I had a weird deal in private A.I. lobby the other day. My car was the only one that made any regular noise. The other cars had a low drone.
It sounds almost exactly the same as if you cross the positive and negative wires in a speaker. Now imagine that over and over again the entire race. The more you race, the worse it gets. :banghead:

It sounds almost exactly the same as if you cross the positive and negative wires in a speaker. Now imagine that over and over again the entire race. The more you race, the worse it gets. :banghead:
Ok never got that one to the best of my knowledge. Anyone else experience the one I shared?

From my experience, it sounds as if I'm using a speaker thats been blown to crap. Not constant, but off and on.

If I remember right this was a problem months ago. But it has come back....Also I have tried the "Quit game" to try to solve the problem. But it didnt work for me. I keep my Xbox in Stand By mode so I just unplugged the power outlet from the counsole, waited a few seconds and plugged it back in...It worked.

I just started noticing this last night. Looks like I will be resetting my Xbox when I get home.

Had this bug a couple months ago, very annoying, fixed it by powering down the xbox1 by holding down on the xbox button on the console for a few seconds completely shutting it down. The pressing again to restart.

yea i get this from time to time, it happens to me when I go over bumps and exhaust noises and gear changes. it goes a crackly and static, weird!

all i do is come out to xbox dash, click start on the games and quit. then reopen forza this temp solves the issue for me until T10 find a more permanent fix. other suggest turning the xbox off and unplugging the power cable for 30secs then starting it back up.

Last edited:
Back