Forza 5 audio crackling bug

For some weird reason it only happens to me during the V8 Supercar race at Bathurst in career mode and after the Xbox's been on for at least a couple of hours. The crackles of backfire are replaced by static.

I experimented with this over the weekend with very strange results. Decided to see if it would happen with the Kinect OFF.
Played in an online private lobby for at least a solid hour or more with no issues. The lobby even had the AI problem where the AI end up in different cars. Usually right after that I get the audio bug. But with the Kinect off it didn't happen. So I decided to turn the Kinect on and the very next race, I got the audio bug again. So for myself it seems to be something to do with Kinect for sure. Or could be an insane coincidence.

I experimented with this over the weekend with very strange results. Decided to see if it would happen with the Kinect OFF.
Played in an online private lobby for at least a solid hour or more with no issues. The lobby even had the AI problem where the AI end up in different cars. Usually right after that I get the audio bug. But with the Kinect off it didn't happen. So I decided to turn the Kinect on and the very next race, I got the audio bug again. So for myself it seems to be something to do with Kinect for sure. Or could be an insane coincidence.
To be honest, I'm not so sure of that. This Saturday I was playing for hours. I think from 7am-11am and then 1pm-3pm and for some reason I did not even come across it once. My Kinect is connected 24/7. Hell, I even played a considerable amount on Friday as well, and in spurts on the other days and I still did not encounter it once this weekend. That was in both rivals and multiplayer lobbies.

It's a bit odd.

Next time this happens I will shut the Kinect off and see if it resolves the issue. Such a strange and annoying bug. It hasn't happened to me anywhere in the game other than private online lobbies with bots.

I occasionly have this annoying one where let's say your driving round Prague and you accidently hit the wall, The bang sound will repeat for the rest of the session.

Just came back yesterday.

Got Forza 5 and I am having audio issues. First it was the popping sounds and I thought perhaps there was issues since I was unable to set my system to 5.1 as I use my Home Theater system. Had to disable auto detect for HDMI in the settings to do this as I do not have Kinect attached or ever had it attached. The popping took a restart of the game to clear but what still remains is the audio drop out when in hood cam of cockpit cam when you lift off the throttle all engine related sound literally vanishes, no downshift sound, no rpm rev down nothing just the sound of air and whatever cars are nearby. This is magnificently irritating as it freaks me out especially on long sweepers when you let off the throttle. Actually there is some throttle down sound but it's incredibly low in those views, might be a sound balancing bug. Not going to crank the sound up that high to drive normally, that would get folks in here wanting to strangle me.
Also the bass is dialed down severely when in 3rd person and sounds like LFE is curtailed heavily. Is there a workaround for any of this?

This is one thing that I really dislike about Turn 10 they have a poor history of fixing bugs, I played a lot of Forza 4 and even now that same bug that freezes the online mode still happens. So the chances of them fixing this are slim to none especially since they outed Forza 6. Also I realized the Xbox One never actually turns off unless you have it in power save mode.

This is one thing that I really dislike about Turn 10 they have a poor history of fixing bugs, I played a lot of Forza 4 and even now that same bug that freezes the online mode still happens. So the chances of them fixing this are slim to none especially since they outed Forza 6.
This. Every Forza since FM2 has had audio bugs. I started getting back into FM5 and I can get maybe an hour in before the audio starts to pop forcing a reset. I rarely watch replays anymore because of the manual with clutch audio bug that's been there since FM3.

There isn't a single other Xbox game I've ever played with audio problems like this. The fault is entirely on T10 and their unwillingness to fix their own problem.

This. Every Forza since FM2 has had audio bugs. I started getting back into FM5 and I can get maybe an hour in before the audio starts to pop forcing a reset. I rarely watch replays anymore because of the manual with clutch audio bug that's been there since FM3.

There isn't a single other Xbox game I've ever played with audio problems like this. The fault is entirely on T10 and their unwillingness to fix their own problem.
I take it they aren't going to fix it, I was watching my brother play and took a video of the game the audio was hilarious. Not sure but it sounded like the car had a super charger on helium or something. I'll post the YouTube link once it's done in an edit.

Last edited:
That's seriously freaked me out hearing it in the game, so high pitched sounded like Alvin and the Chipmunks were in the engine bay. Also the bov for turbos on this same car is quite loud and over done like it's trying to be noticed. I'm tired of audio glitches though and glitches in general in Forza games that get left forever. Forza 4 had the same annoying online glitch that after a few races it would lock the entire system up.

That's seriously freaked me out hearing it in the game, so high pitched sounded like Alvin and the Chipmunks were in the engine bay. Also the bov for turbos on this same car is quite loud and over done like it's trying to be noticed. I'm tired of audio glitches though and glitches in general in Forza games that get left forever. Forza 4 had the same annoying online glitch that after a few races it would lock the entire system up.
My friend retrofitted an old Eaton supercharger off of a Mercedes onto his del Sol. It was ridiculously loud and definitely sounded like a chipmunk! That thing was awesome because since the blower was activated by an electromagnetic clutch, it meant the blower could be turned on/off to run in either naturally aspirated or boosted mode, just like the Mad Max Interceptor.

Latest Posts

Back