Forza 5 Car & Track List

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 458 comments
The V8 circle jerks really needs to stop. The modern Mustang V6 is a very capable car. 0-60mph in 5.3 sec. That's is faster than the V8 4.6 era and only .2 sec slower than the V8 5.0. I rather have a well equipped V6 than a basic GT. My car as the performance package (strut, suspension, break, 19inch wheel, 3.13 gear ratio upgrade) and its stick to the road. Its probably faster than a basic Mustang GT on autocross or track that requires more cornering.

You claim state facts yet refuse to show any evidence of where you got them. As far as anyone should be concerned, this topic isn't worth debating with you until you do so. You're already wrong, no one needs to waste their time here providing why if you won't provide proof otherwise.

I'll humor myself.

That's a huge load of crap, but I'll entertain the claim. Proof?

You said it sells well overseas. Overseas does not mean the Middle East & South Africa alone. The car doesn't sell well at all in Europe, Asia, or Australia. Thus, from your logic, I'm just as correct in stating it does not sell well overseas.

The main problem here is that you're talking about muscle cars, most likely of the old era. The Mustang has never been a muscle car & the V8 is not what makes it so iconic. It's a cheap, affordable, sports coupe. That's what people want, the image of a Mustang as evident by the number of young adults who buy one & end up with the V6; they just want to say they own a Mustang.

You said it was represented as a new car. Now, you back tracked & are talking about grey imports.

That doesn't mean squat & that's why you believe they sell every car imported. Dur, that's because most grey imports are bought before they are imported. Thus, makes it pretty hard to have excess inventory (or any inventory for that matter) on the lots if the cars can't be brought in without being purchased by an owner in the first place. :rolleyes:

No one cares what your relative & his V8 circle jerk group thinks.

Notice you still refuse to address the FACTS that will make the Mustang a poor seller:

Refute what I have posted.
Your silly come back of 'show proof' does not diminish the factual content of my post.
Fact - salaries are low in South Africa.
Fact - cars are expensive in South Africa
Fact - salaries are higher by comparison to cost of living in the USA
Fact - cars are cheap in the USA
Fact - the Mustang will be an EXPENSIVE car in South Africa - a car that costs 3 or 4 times your salary is expensive.
Fact - the Mustang is a CHEAP car in the USA - a car that costs half of an annual salary is a cheap car.
These are facts. They are as they say, facts that really go without saying.
So again:
The Mustang at R700,000 needs some hook, some appeal - an eco-boost 4 cylinder is not that hook.
Every single Mustang imported to South Africa is sold - they could not be imported otherwise. They are expensive to import and convert to right hand drive and the HOOK again is the Muscle car appeal.
Filling the dealer lots with 4 cylinder, 2 door, poor boot sized, cramped rear seat R700,000 cars will be a failure.

Notice you still refuse to address the FACTS...
Fact - ...

For some reason I can't help hearing Dwight Schrute's voice as I read this post. Lol! :dopey:

Edit (so I'm not just being a jerk): I can see where you're coming from, RC45. I imagine if I had to decide between dropping 2.0 times my annual salary on a 8-pot mustang or 1.9 times my annual salary on a 4-pot mustang, I would chose the former... But if the price gap is more than that, say 25% or more savings, maybe the 4-pot would be good enough with the pride of saying "I own a mustang", even if it's not the V8 monster.

Regardless, I dig the new styling, and I would snap up the DLC for this car in a heartbeat!

Last edited:
Notice you still refuse to address the FACTS that will make the Mustang a poor seller:

Refute what I have posted.
Your silly come back of 'show proof' does not diminish the factual content of my post.
Fact - salaries are low in South Africa.
Fact - cars are expensive in South Africa
Fact - salaries are higher by comparison to cost of living in the USA
Fact - cars are cheap in the USA
Fact - the Mustang will be an EXPENSIVE car in South Africa - a car that costs 3 or 4 times your salary is expensive.
Fact - the Mustang is a CHEAP car in the USA - a car that costs half of an annual salary is a cheap car.
These are facts. They are as they say, facts that really go without saying.
So again:
The Mustang at R700,000 needs some hook, some appeal - an eco-boost 4 cylinder is not that hook.
Every single Mustang imported to South Africa is sold - they could not be imported otherwise. They are expensive to import and convert to right hand drive and the HOOK again is the Muscle car appeal.
Filling the dealer lots with 4 cylinder, 2 door, poor boot sized, cramped rear seat R700,000 cars will be a failure.
You claimed the Mustang sold well overseas & now you want to talk about why it needs a V8 as the main reason to buy one?

We'll throw in the towel for you. You've abandoned your original claim because you can't provide any backbone to it, and it's likely you can't do it for this one. Not that it matters though, since you continue to fail to understand the image behind the Mustang is not just a V8 or the economy of the various markets Ford plans to sell the Mustang in; if you did, you'd know your bold underlined claim is as incorrect as everything else you've posted.

But, that's your leg work to show otherwise, not ours.

Last edited:
It started from someone wanting the new generation Mustang to be made available as DLC.

Not that your comment - one that contributes nothing at all to any subject - helps matters.

I did like how "proof" apparently means "literally copy-paste previous post, unnecessary formatting and all, and ignore specific rebuttals;" though. That was pretty funny.

Does kinda take away from the "Zer0 alt-account" idea, though. Zer0 would have just quoted the older post in a misleading way.

It started from someone wanting the new generation Mustang to be made available as DLC.

Not that your comment - one that contributes nothing at all to any subject - helps matters.
Maybe not but why haven't you guys put a stop to it already or moved it to the Mustang thread?

Of course until more info or dlc comes out, any talk won't "contribute" to the topic at hand.

I did like how "proof" apparently means "literally copy-paste previous post, unnecessary formatting and all, and ignore specific rebuttals;" though. That was pretty funny.

Does kinda take away from the "Zer0 alt-account" idea, though. Zer0 would have just quoted the older post in a misleading way.
Would he have posted a fake article showcasing production numbers for the Mustang in South Africa since 2000? :P

I think it'd be easier to understand the anti-turbo attitude amongst some non-US residents if you consider to those with local markets that feature European brands importing their cars, the turbo 4 is fast becoming an appliance of an engine. It's no longer reserved for the limited run Delta Integrales or American cult classics such as the Turbo Trans Am. It powers sub-10k hatchbacks and designed to pass emission tests. Compared to a V8 with its inherent noise and output, a turbo 4 isn't an exotic powertrain. It's the norm.

Not to disregard South Africa and it's people, but breaking into the market is at the bottom of Ford's goals. Why it's being used as the benchmark makes zero sense.

so so so so so dissapointed in the car list how they can leave out so many cars that are the staple of tuner racing is beyond me. Im sorry but putting a bunch of supercars on hear does not distract me from the total lack of tuner/street racers, LMS, GT3,300,500 cars. Just totally disapointing, I knew there would be a total lack of race tracks, races, and other things that by now are basic necesities in all racing games because Forze is just stuck in their ways, and going backwards in other ways, but it just blew me away when I seen the available cars in Forza 5 and the total lack of them. Sorry but its near impossible to look forward to the next game in the series as it scares me to see what lack of progress or growth the game will have. Sorry fans but I just expected for the money it would be at least a average to mediocre game but to me it fell short, by a mile. Not a good start for the XBOXONE in trying to score points in my choice for my next gen counsole.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this, but it looks like we'll be getting the new Civic Si as a free download. This is from a competition on the Xbox One dashboard. These are from December 29th.

photo+1.JPG

photo+3.JPG

photo+4.JPG

Horizon 2 or a new PGR all but confirmed. Result. I just hope they drop the festival theme for something more like the first TDU with driving missions and things like that.

VXR
Horizon 2 or a new PGR all but confirmed. Result. I just hope they drop the festival theme for something more like the first TDU with driving missions and things like that.
Called that a long time ago about Horizon 2. My prediction was they would produce Horizon (playground games) in rotation with Forza (T10) every other year. I think I even posted the yearly dates. Forza 5 2013, Forza Horizon 2 in 2014. Forza 6 2015, Horizon 3 in 2016. Something like that. I have no idea where that reply is but the dates are somewhere in one of those threads.

Lets just hope Horizon 2 is MUCH larger than Horizon 1. Horizon had potential but was way too small. I think it was 63 sq miles or something like that. When you can unlock all roads in 3 hours, that is insanely small for a sandbox racing game. Way too tiny for a sandbox offroad game. And you couldn't even explore all of the map. Basically a beta for Playground Games.

Looking forward to the addition of more cars into F5. The first pack of cars looked pretty good.

They really need to up the ante for Horizon 2. It felt there were just too many missed opportunities, but hard to fault them given it was the first in the series.

They really need to up the ante for Horizon 2. It felt there were just too many missed opportunities, but hard to fault them given it was the first in the series.

I agree. It was an excellent first game. There's plenty of opportunity available for Horizon 2, but I suspect they'll take the T10 route and only bite off what they can chew.

I'm wondering whether they rebuild and expand Colorado, or whether they build something entirely new.

^^ Open road in multiple locations would be nice. Ditching the cartoony look of the game would be nice.

And having the option to choose between "Horizon physics" and "pure FM physics" would be really nice! :D

Back