Forza 5 Car & Track List

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 458 comments
If he does, it's because he forgot about (or doesn't know about) the old SVO Mustang. ;)

Exactly, one of the coolest cars back in the 80s and my second favorite next to a certain GM turbo beast. Glad others appreciate unique American Muscle cars still, even if that muscle wasn't always a V8.

Which is such a stupid idea - people overseas buy the Mustang because it is a uniquely American icon.
And the majority of people overseas don't buy the Mustang for those reasons as well; it's not the same practical, usable car it is in the states for what it costs.

And the majority of people overseas don't buy the Mustang for those reasons as well; it's not the same practical, usable car it is in the states for what it costs.

What absolute nonsense.

Mustangs sell like hotcakes in the markets they are represented as new cars.

You really do not get the attraction that folks overseas have for US cars do you?

Ironically the only people that feel the need to hate on US cars are pseudo-euro sophisticrats in the USA.

Before I moved to the US, any and every US muscle car from any era was always a hit and popular and desirable.

If the Mustang turned into a 'global car' with no unique American muscle car properties, then why on earth would folks overseas buy it rather than their local home grown cars?

What absolute nonsense.

You really do not get the attraction that folks overseas have for US cars do you?

Ironically the only people that feel the need to hate on US cars are pseudo-euro sophisticrats in the USA.

Before I moved to the US, any and every US muscle car from any era was always a hit and popular and desirable.

If the Mustang turned into a 'global car' with no unique American muscle car properties, then why on earth would folks overseas buy it rather than their local home grown cars?
A big V8 that downs fuel faster than I do Kopparberg is quite a turn-off to the populations of countries where fuel is expensive.

Thing is, performance cars are desirable but they aren't economic at all to maintain. So, the Ecoboost Mustang makes perfect sense. I'm surprised Porsche hasn't made a 4-cylinder (in recent years).

Anyway, there's a 2015 Mustang thread somewhere.

Last edited:
What absolute nonsense.

The only market Mustangs sell like hotcakes in is the US market. You're the one spouting the nonsense here with what's popular & desirable. None of that matters if the car isn't affordable or efficient enough for the market.

Your last sentence makes no sense. People already prefer to buy their "local home grown" cars because they're better cars in their respective markets. The whole point of Ford going with a more economic Mustang is to attract those buyers in those markets. They want the car, they don't want the V8s in them.

I have to say that I'm really jealous that GT6 and NFS Rivals got the new Mustang and no word for Forza 5, hopefully we see it soon.

2015FordMustangRevealed.jpg~original
Yeah I hope they put this in soon as free DLC

The only market Mustangs sell like hotcakes in is the US market. You're the one spouting the nonsense here with what's popular & desirable. None of that matters if the car isn't affordable or efficient enough for the market.

Your last sentence makes no sense. People already prefer to buy their "local home grown" cars because they're better cars in their respective markets. The whole point of Ford going with a more economic Mustang is to attract those buyers in those markets. They want the car, they don't want the V8s in them.

Rubbish.

You are obviously not aware how well the Mustang sells overseas.

Are you always this adamant when you are flat out wrong?

Again - the Mustang sells well overseas.

Only in the USA is it seen as a cheap secretary or college kid car - in the South African and Middle Eastern market (for example) it is known as a pricey but competent performing V8 muscle car.

If it was not the V8 they wanted they would just buy the next Ford Probe - oh wait, that is exactly what Ford just created.

V8's are few and far between in many overseas market and normally restricted to the premium brand expensive luxury cars.

Again - the very appeal of the American muscle car IS the V8.

Last edited:
Rubbish.

You are obviously not aware how well the Mustang sells overseas.
Not as well as you seem to believe. Can you show proof or is your vocabulary limited to only "rubbish"?

Are you always this adamant when you are flat out wrong?
Except I'm not. A car can be popular & desirable all day long, but that doesn't mean it will actually sale well outside of its intended market.
Again - the Mustang sells well overseas.
Let's see some figures then.
Only in the USA is it seen as a cheap secretary or college kid car - in the South African and Middle Eastern market (for example) it is known as a pricey but competent performing V8 muscle car.
That's exactly the image Ford wants with it, genius.
"If I were planning the next Mustang today, I'd try to recreate a low-priced sports car that was more exciting than the Focus and would appeal to younger buyers," said Hal Sperlich, the chief architect of the original Ford Mustang.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/06/autos-ford-mustang-idUSL2N0JL02W20131206

So 2 markets means the car sells well overseas? How about Asia, Europe, & Australia where it doesn't sell well? The Middle Eastern market doesn't give your argument much backbone since that market is generally bound to the very wealthy countries that can afford anything. I would love to see some South African sales figures though, esp. considering numerous reports saying this Mustang is the first to grace their market from Ford.

It has now been confirmed by Ford South Africa that the Ford Mustang will finally be gracing our shores in 2015 for local sales.

We will get the Mustang in two flavours; the Mustang GT featuring the 5.0 V8 Coyote and the standard Mustang muscling in a Turbo 2.3 EcoBoost engine.
http://www.enca.com/life-motoring/2015-ford-mustang-south-africa
The company's research in Asia, Africa and Europe showed that the Mustang was among consumers' top five associations with the Ford brand in most markets even though the vehicle wasn't sold there, Hinrichs said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/ford-mustang-launch-worldwide-time-article-1.1524739#ixzz2oMFRbdyq
If it was not the V8 they wanted they would just buy the next Ford Probe - oh wait, that is exactly what Ford just created.
V8's are few and far between in many overseas market and normally restricted to the premium brand expensive luxury cars.
Again - the very appeal of the American muscle car IS the V8.
The very appeal is the image of the Mustang itself. The V8 isn't wanted because it's not an efficient engine in economies where gas is charged by the liter.

Do some of you people realize that the vast, vast majority of modern (1994-present) Mustangs sold are V6s? The V8s got the Mustang on the magazine covers, the V6s paid the bills. The new 4 banger is simply taking the V6's place.

Not as well as you seem to believe. Can you show proof or is your vocabulary limited to only "rubbish"?

Except I'm not. A car can be popular & desirable all day long, but that doesn't mean it will actually sale well outside of its intended market.

Let's see some figures then.

That's exactly the image Ford wants with it, genius.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/06/autos-ford-mustang-idUSL2N0JL02W20131206

So 2 markets means the car sells well overseas? How about Asia, Europe, & Australia where it doesn't sell well? The Middle Eastern market doesn't give your argument much backbone since that market is generally bound to the very wealthy countries that can afford anything. I would love to see some South African sales figures though, esp. considering numerous reports saying this Mustang is the first to grace their market from Ford.

http://www.enca.com/life-motoring/2015-ford-mustang-south-africa

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/ford-mustang-launch-worldwide-time-article-1.1524739#ixzz2oMFRbdyq

The very appeal is the image of the Mustang itself. The V8 isn't wanted because it's not an efficient engine in economies where gas is charged by the liter.

Do you think the harder you pound the keyboard the more factual your response?

The Mustang, Explorer and a couple others have been huge sellers in South Africa and the Middle East - as in EVERY car imported is sold.

That is what 'selling well' means. It means you do not have excess inventory on the lots.

And again - from an OUTSIDE perspective, the allure of the V8 is what the attraction to the American muscle car is.

I guess I better go tell all those thousands of folks driving Mustangs and Explorers they bought over the last 10 years they are mistaken because some chap on a GT forum just posted links that say its a NEW car to their market never been seen before.

*edit* just spoke to relative in Jo'burg - he and his circle view a non-V8 Mustang as a non starter for them - I they wanted an 'eco-boost' 4 banger they would buy a Focus....

Last edited:
Do you think the harder you pound the keyboard the more factual your response?

I guess I better go tell all those thousands of folks driving Mustangs and Explorers they bought over the last 10 years they are mistaken because some chap on a GT forum just posted links that say its a NEW car to their market never been seen before.

Cut the insults, and feel free to start providing actual evidence to back up your claims. You've so far provided precisely zero, while McLaren's done the leg-work for you. Grey imports are not the same as a company officially selling a car in a country.

*edit* just spoke to relative in Jo'burg - he and his circle view a non-V8 Mustang as a non starter for them - I they wanted an 'eco-boost' 4 banger they would buy a Focus....

Well phew, one person = entire population. Glad we cleared that up :rolleyes:.

Cut the insults, and feel free to start providing actual evidence to back up your claims. You've so far provided precisely zero, while McLaren's done the leg-work for you. Grey imports are not the same as a company officially selling a car in a country.
Actually the very reason why Ford South Africa is going this route is because of the grey imports, family relocation imports, official limited edition imports all with right hand drive conversions and the strong enthusiast market.

Well phew, one person = entire population. Glad we cleared that up :rolleyes:.

If the car they bring in does not appeal to the folks that have been buying them for the last decades then it will be a none starter.

The appeal for a 2 door 4 seater with poor back seats and minimal trunk space is extremely limited UNLESS there s some other appeal to the car.

Being a V8 muscle car is that appeal.

The number of people who will use a Mustang as an only car is extremely limited in these markets - there for the car needs some hook. There daily driver is economical, seats 4 comfortable and has ample boot space.

A 4 cylinder eco-boost 4 seater with minimal back seats and poor trunk is a none starter.

Understand that when your salary is R200,000 a year and a Mustang costs R700,000 you better believe the car needs to have far more appeal than a 4 cylinder.

Unlike in the USA where a Mustang costs $30,000 and person can earn $50,000 for a mid-income job.

I really do know what I am talking about.

A 4 cylinder eco-boost Mustang will be a flop in that market.

Another evidence-free post.

Understand what the term "evidence" means, and feel free to try again. One family member's opinion is hardly concrete proof (unless he somehow speaks for everybody), and you've yet to show a single shred of evidence to back up this "sells very well already" claim.

Understand what the term "evidence" means, and feel free to try again. One family member's opinion is hardly concrete proof (unless he somehow speaks for everybody), and you've yet to show a single shred of evidence to back up this "sells very well already" claim.

Refute what I have posted.

Your silly come back of 'show proof' does not diminish the factual content of my post.

Fact - salaries are low in South Africa.
Fact - cars are expensive in South Africa

Fact - salaries are higher by comparison to cost of living in the USA
Fact - cars are cheap in the USA

Fact - the Mustang will be an EXPENSIVE car in South Africa - a car that costs 3 or 4 times your salary is expensive.
Fact - the Mustang is a CHEAP cr in the USA - a car that costs half of an annual salary is a cheap car.

These are facts. They are as they say, facts that really go without saying.

So again:

The Mustang at R700,000 needs some hook, some appeal - an eco-boost 4 cylinder is not that hook.

Every single Mustang imported to South Africa is sold - they could not be imported otherwise. They are expensive to import and convert to right hand drive and the HOOK again is the Muscle car appeal.

Filling the dealer lots with 4 cylinder, 2 door, poor boot sized, cramped rear seat R700,000 cars will be a failure.

You claim state facts yet refuse to show any evidence of where you got them. As far as anyone should be concerned, this topic isn't worth debating with you until you do so. You're already wrong, no one needs to waste their time here providing why if you won't provide proof otherwise.

I'll humor myself.
The Mustang, Explorer and a couple others have been huge sellers in South Africa and the Middle East - as in EVERY car imported is sold.
That's a huge load of crap, but I'll entertain the claim. Proof?
That is what 'selling well' means. It means you do not have excess inventory on the lots.
You said it sells well overseas. Overseas does not mean the Middle East & South Africa alone. The car doesn't sell well at all in Europe, Asia, or Australia. Thus, from your logic, I'm just as correct in stating it does not sell well overseas.
And again - from an OUTSIDE perspective, the allure of the V8 is what the attraction to the American muscle car is.
The main problem here is that you're talking about muscle cars, most likely of the old era. The Mustang has never been a muscle car & the V8 is not what makes it so iconic. It's a cheap, affordable, sports coupe. That's what people want, the image of a Mustang as evident by the number of young adults who buy one & end up with the V6; they just want to say they own a Mustang.
You said it was represented as a new car. Now, you back tracked & are talking about grey imports.

That doesn't mean squat & that's why you believe they sell every car imported. Dur, that's because most grey imports are bought before they are imported. Thus, makes it pretty hard to have excess inventory (or any inventory for that matter) on the lots if the cars can't be brought in without being purchased by an owner in the first place. :rolleyes:
No one cares what your relative & his V8 circle jerk group thinks.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back