Forza 5 Car & Track List

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 458 comments
So would anyone be upset if I told you Forza 5 is only going to have about 200 cars or less at launch? Had an argument on these forums about a month or 2 ago saying that there is no way F5 was going to have the same amount of cars as F4 since all cars are in Autovista. Well I have a very reliable source that confirmed F5 will be launching with less than 200 cars. Very ouch. 👎

So would anyone be upset if I told you Forza 5 is only going to have about 200 cars or less at launch? Had an argument on these forums about a month or 2 ago saying that there is no way F5 was going to have the same amount of cars as F4 since all cars are in Autovista. Well I have a very reliable source that confirmed F5 will be launching with less than 200 cars. Very ouch. 👎

Did anyone actually expect the same amount of cars as FM4? Given that we know that all the cars in FM5 are at a much higher visual quality than everything in FM4 bar Autovista it's not really much of a surprise.

If I recall, very early on after FM5 was announced Dan had an interview question where he intimated that there would be maybe a couple of hundred cars in FM5.

If you want to bring an actual source with an actual number then cool, but otherwise this isn't news to anyone who has been paying attention or took the time to think about it a little bit. It's only Polyphony that plays the silly numbers game.

Wait... there were people who actually expected a comparable number to FM4's? For car models at a detail level pretty much unseen on consoles before now?

I expected somewhere between 200 and (a very unlikely) 300.

Wait... there were people who actually expected a comparable number to FM4's? For car models at a detail level pretty much unseen on consoles before now?

I expected somewhere between 200 and (a very unlikely) 300.

We were told ~120 new to the series cars for FM5 and you have to assume any cars new to FM4 would also have been future proofed for fm5.

We were told ~120 new to the series cars for FM5 and you have to assume any cars new to FM4 would also have been future proofed for fm5.

Totally agree. Dan said that they were brought into discussions about the Xbox One 4 years ago - 2 years before the release of FM4 - enough time to start planning the development of assets that would later be used for a next-gen system.

So assume that FM4 DLC was futureproofed, 12 packs plus some stragglers but no Porsche, so maybe ~130.

So with the 120 new cars we're at ~250. Seems reasonable.

It's then down to what proportion of FM4 cars in the release version were made to higher specifications. Possibly only the Autovista cars. So that's another ~25.

So you're probably looking at around ~275, maybe more depending on how early you think they started working to XB1 specs. But I wouldn't really get my hopes up too much for many more than that.

Me, I think that's not too bad if they're well chosen, the career mode and online are good and there's another game coming in a couple of years.

Any evidence for that?

Yes. T10=/=PD therefore common sense and looking ahead.

Low number of cars might have bothered me a few weeks/month ago, but now, not sure. I'm the guy who spent way more time buying/selling cars to get every single one of them than racing.
I just fired up GT5 for the first time in 6+ months, noticed 1600+ cars, tons of dupes in case of money shortages, and asked myself, why did I bother? All that time and they're just sitting there.

/pointless moment of clarity

So assume that FM4 DLC was futureproofed, 12 packs plus some stragglers but no Porsche, so maybe ~130.

So with the 120 new cars we're at ~250. Seems reasonable.

It's then down to what proportion of FM4 cars in the release version were made to higher specifications. Possibly only the Autovista cars. So that's another ~25.

So you're probably looking at around ~275, maybe more depending on how early you think they started working to XB1 specs. But I wouldn't really get my hopes up too much for many more than that.

Me, I think that's not too bad if they're well chosen, the career mode and online are good and there's another game coming in a couple of years.

I can get on board with this reasoning. 👍

The Forza Showroom Is Coming

We’ve heard the feedback. You want more Forza 5 information. And, starting next week, you’re going to be getting more. A lot more, in fact. Beginning on Wednesday, Sept. 25, we’ll be unveiling “The Forza Showroom” here on the site, where we’ll be announcing the cars that will be playable in Forza Motorsport 5. Each Wednesday we’ll reveal a new batch of awesome cars until we complete the full car list in November. And of course, follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get even more on the awesome car lineup in Forza Motorsport 5.

For those of you who can’t wait until Wednesday, here’s a quick couple of clues for you to ponder until The Forza Showroom opens its doors:

If you love DSM, you will be happy to see this car.
This car did not make $1 billion in three days.

Any guesses as to which cars we’re referring to?

This is AWESOME news!

Clue 1: I'm going to wager a guess and say it's the '90 Eclipse, since technically anything after '93 was a Mitsubishi.

Clue 2: Obviously it has something to do with GTA V. Perhaps the Spania GTA?

This is AWESOME news!

Clue 1: I'm going to wager a guess and say it's the '90 Eclipse, since technically anything after '93 was a Mitsubishi.

Clue 2: Obviously it has something to do with GTA V. Perhaps the Spania GTA?

1. 1995 GSX
2. Dodge viper?

Bathurst isn't new to the series. It was in FM2, wasn't it?

Nope. FM1 had an "inspired by Bathurst" track called "Blue Mountain". The most memorable element for me was the high-speed set of turns on last bit of the lap.

Unbelievable...

A month away from release, and all we've got going is more than a few cars and 2 or 3 tracks.

I understand it makes for compelling marketing, but this is getting a bit ridiculous. A next gen release title.. one of the most iconic sims/driving games in console history and THIS is all the devs reveal??

I think I'm beginning to lose interest.

2 months. I wish it was one month.

As mentioned above, they're going to give us updates every single week from here on in.

More interested than ever! Can wait for the updates. Also can't wait for more details on the Thrustmaster TX.

For the lazy:

• 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR
  • 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
  • 2009 Zonda Cinque Roadster
  • 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
  • 2013 Ford Focus ST
  • 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
  • 2012 Scion TC
  • 2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8
  • 2011 Kia Cee'd
  • 2005 TVR Sagaris
  • 1965 Alfa Rome Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale
  • 1999 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
  • 1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo
  • 2009 Ferrari California
  • 2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R
  • 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
  • 1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata
  • 2010 Maserati GranTurismo S
  • 2003 Toyota Celica SS-I
  • 1954 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing Coupe
  • 1971 AMC Javelin-AMX

Hmm... Oh well, at least it seems like they're getting the boring entries out of the way first.

New updated Silverstone!
1239109_10151731393258978_1729938433_o.jpg

Bernese Alps
1374156_10151731388648978_2142411701_n.jpg

Last edited:
Correction: Laser-scanned Silverstone!

It makes me nervous with how he keeps saying that their old way of mapping tracks was incredibly accurate. It's as if he's planting that seed so that he can say that they didn't laser-scan The Ring.

HAL20XX
Correction: Laser-scanned Silverstone!

It makes me nervous with how he keeps saying that their old way of mapping tracks was incredibly accurate. It's as if he's planting that seed so that he can say that they didn't laser-scan The Ring.

Jeez, how long would that take? :scared:

Back